Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kimi ga Futte Kita Hi
A devil adopts an angel child :3: Same artist as Uramichi Oniisan btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
New chapter after a year!! https://mangadex.org/title/16972/kekkon-shite-mo-koi-shiteru

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

(new chapter)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Good game face, "hunky dad".

It's a good manga :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
My Son Is Probably Gay is getting regular chapter releases right now

extremely good mom

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Everything Burrito posted:

extremely good mom

Wow, agreed. Dad needs some work though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
wow I would not have expected this one

http://uramichi-anime.com/

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
God yes, I am ready for an Uramichi anime.
Just pure nihilism, injected directly into my carotid.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's been several Peerless Dad updates this week; some of the pieces are coming together a bit on the larger plot. Still kind of confusing trying to remember who all belongs to what faction and what all the factions mean. I keep thinking if I ever get really bored I might go back through and try to piece together some sort of relationship chart but :effort:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There are two stories ongoing right now that follow the premise of "A top assassin adopts a girl he found on the job"
The story of a terrifying hitman and a little girl Which has an assassin trying his hardest not to show he likes the kid and failing and The assassin who can't win against the girl he picked up about a much more dere young girl alongside a more stoic assassin than the former series.
Both are interesting little series, former one is funnier in my opinion

There's been several Peerless Dad updates this week; some of the pieces are coming together a bit on the larger plot. Still kind of confusing trying to remember who all belongs to what faction and what all the factions mean. I keep thinking if I ever get really bored I might go back through and try to piece together some sort of relationship chart but :effort:
I think the long and short of it is that there are 3 major factions right now to keep in mind, the Heavenly Dragon Pavillion, The Murim Alliance, and the Salmu Association. I still don't know how to define "murim" outside it's literal meaning of 'martial arts world' but the Heavenly Dragon Association borders the Murim which is both a separate region but also a status people can have (i.e. Being of the Murim)

The Salmu Association is responsible for the current state of unrest within the Murim itself and the reason a lot of the larger groups have taken a leave of absence from activity. The young master is the son of that guy in charge of it who I also suspect that's the same guy who defeated Noh the first time he went into the Murim. The two old men work for this guy and most likely act as spies for the Salmu Association but there cover has been compromised so they are being recalled.

Noh beat one of the top disciples of the leader of the Murim Alliance during his last mission prompting the assassins being called in. After those guys failed spectacularly the old sweeping man took care of them and issued his threat. This guy is a real deal and all his talks about having sealed his martial arts isn't just for show. He was also hiding in plain sight and it would seem the twin old men weren't aware of him

And the Heavenly Dragon himself knows more about what is going on but isn't telling the Wisdom Dragon because that guy as cool as he is, has a problem of trying to Keikaku-doori everything and that would blow up in his face if he tried to take on the Salmu Association. The Dragon Association isn't weak but they have always been framed as a mid-tier sort of group in the Murim.

Keep in mind all those people died and Noh's family was put in danger because the young master wanted to run away from home. gently caress that kid

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thanks, I had missed/forgotten some of that!

I'm curious where the recruitment angle is going to end up going. It seems like the Salmu and Heavenly Dragon associations are more or less on friendly terms at the moment, not really allies though since there seems to be a pretty large difference in power since I'm assuming the Salmu guys would be equal to those top-tier Murim groups at the very least, more like "these guys could be useful" on one side and "let's stay on their good side" on the other. I'm just wondering what leveraging Noh is going to do to that relationship.

The politics are interesting despite being sort of obscure to follow with so many moving parts but I'm kinda ready to get back to Noh & the kids, I need some resolution on this training thing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Salmu probably literally means Kill Mu(rim).

As in, like, destroy the system and poo poo.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:black101:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

I want the girl pretending to be a dude to make a reappearance.

Interesting if the old twins are the real deal though.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I wanted to recommend The Demon Lord Remarries the Hero's Mom. When the Demon Lord defeated the Hero, he brings her home and meets her mom, who looked a lot like his dead wife. The Demon Lord quickly sees the Hero's mom as her own person and falls for her, after which he asks her to marry him and she accepts. And this is just chapter 1. The rest of the series deals with the Demon Lord and Hero's mom being lovey-dovey as well the Demon Lord trying to be a good dad to his new daughter. It doesn't have many chapters, but it's still lighthearted fun. :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
new chapter of Good Morning or Good Night for those reading that one

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
this is not that kind of comic!!!! :argh:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
The latest chapter of Like a Butterfly has some extremely good dad moments and isn't soul crushing at all this time!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Zero_Tactility posted:

The latest chapter of Like a Butterfly has some extremely good dad moments and isn't soul crushing at all this time!

Every time I see this update, I cringe. I love it, but still. That shoe's gotta drop sometime.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
100th chapter of Peerless Dad :toot:

feels like it's about time for things to start moving again

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Yay, Jeon-Myo is back. I definitely prefer the mundane subplots to the Murim intrigue.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Ganbate, Jeon-Myo

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
get hype for golem dad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9_yJOhyp0

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:bignews:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Terrifying Hitman has been updating, and he is officially "Papa" now. :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
gotta say, I enjoy watching Noh wipe the floor with some dudes

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Oh my god, Gokushufudo: Way of the Househusband got a live-action commercial. :swoon:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
it's so good lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
:siren:
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1212811496067129345?s=20

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
:siren:
I'll watch it tonight!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
The guardsmen's mutiny Peerless Dad is doing right now is really fun, I'm interested to see where this is going to end up because I'm sure it will intersect with the political poo poo at some point

This seems like a bad idea dude...

ah

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm probably going to update the first post soon to reorganize the recommendations and get some of the newer things on the front instead of buried in the replies, so it's also a good time to update the title if anyone has good and/or funny suggestions.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You should never air tatsumaki against opponents with good AA buttons, every knows that.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
oof

e:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 17, 2020

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Just one volume of Hyakunichikan!! left, looks like.

Their other manga, The Net Generation Teacher is pretty interesting though. Don't be too put off by the crossdressing thing in the description, it's basically following a young teacher as he advises his students through life problems & social media is a big influence on their various dramas. Someone finally started working on Cool Doji Danshi too but that one isn't really relevant to the thread, a good one to keep an eye on if you like their art tho!

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like there might have been better choices for this list but Somali and Tokyo Godfathers are pretty good selections at least
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1222225423964213249?s=20

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
At first I thought Berserk was a dumb pick, but then I remembered that's what the manga has been about for the last 10 years, really.

I've been reading SPY X FAMILY, which I just noticed there's already a thread for. Only a few chapters in so the 'family' part of the title hasn't really kicked in yet, but I love the world building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
new peerless dad

I still haven't started on Spy x Family, I keep meaning to