Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Cabbit posted:

Motherfucker, did you dictate that tweet via telepathy? Carrier pigeon?

No you rube.

They have secondary cellphones still on them in the SCIF that they're texting their aids out in the hallway with the details to then tweet to the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Petr posted:

What the gently caress is even going on? Is this stunt actually going to work in their favor?

Obviously it did because Schiff allowed them to do it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Obviously it did because Schiff allowed them to do it.

can't tell if you're doing irony or if you're legit just like this

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

DandyLion posted:

No you rube.

They have secondary cellphones still on them in the SCIF that they're texting their aids out in the hallway with the details to then tweet to the world.

But phones probably shouldn't work inside. :thunk:

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Do we actually know that they brought contraband electronics into the secured area, or was that something people are surmising from the tweets themselves and the plausibility of it given the actors involved?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Finally read Taylor's testimony.

Besides the fact that it's utterly damning to the President, it's also extremely compelling reading. Just purely from a narrative standpoint it had me gripped. It's written and plays out like a thriller. When reading it I could see the inevitable movie version in my head.

If you haven't read it do so.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Petr posted:

What the gently caress is even going on? Is this stunt actually going to work in their favor?

Yes it is, cause the GOP will have this signal boosted to the high heavens while the Dems busy themselves figuring out how to stab Bernie in the back more

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Haven't seen a ratio'd tweet since Twitter made that change so that's a little refreshing to see, at least.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Yes it is, cause the GOP will have this signal boosted to the high heavens while the Dems busy themselves figuring out how to stab Bernie in the back more

:jerkbag:

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

in what universe is letting trumps lies sit there unchallenged better than actually calling him out and forcing him to dig a deeper hole??

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

evilweasel posted:

also, trump or his aides getting pressed in live questioning has lead to enormously damaging admissions (it's why he never does interviews outside of hannity anymore) so the idea we should stop doing that is incredibly stupid

"We must give the president unlimited airtime to spew lies, hate, and conspiracy theories because we're all convinced that one of us will get a Legally Blonde-style incriminating admission out of it, one day."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

eviltastic posted:

Do we actually know that they brought contraband electronics into the secured area, or was that something people are surmising from the tweets themselves and the plausibility of it given the actors involved?

The security staff was sufficiently convinced that they had done this that the SCIF will need to be re-secured, for what that's worth.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yes because when i think of the last two weeks i think of a disciplined and effective GOP messaging operation while thinking of democrats in disarray focused solely on bernie

it may be relevant to my thinking that i have suffered several serious blows to the head but who's counting

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

eke out posted:

can't tell if you're doing irony or if you're legit just like this

Were they able to stay in the room? If so, their stunt worked.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Where can we find out who is actually in these hearings? Is it the whole Intelligence committee, a subset? Is it posted somewhere official?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Baronash posted:

"We must give the president unlimited airtime to spew lies, hate, and conspiracy theories because we're all convinced that one of us will get a Legally Blonde-style incriminating admission out of it, one day."

he has the ability to get his message out regardless of what you think, buddy

when he tries to do that and a reporter can call him out on a lie, that hurts him getting his message out

this is a really stupid hole you've dug yourself into and you should stop digging

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Well they're not in the room.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Baronash posted:

Didn't he, or his cutouts, do exactly this several times in the last couple weeks?

Not that I'm saying it's a good strategy, but the idiot and his men self-incriminated or blew their own alibis to poo poo several times.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

evilweasel posted:

he has the ability to get his message out regardless of what you think, buddy

when he tries to do that and a reporter can call him out on a lie, that hurts him getting his message out

this is a really stupid hole you've dug yourself into and you should stop digging

Also he gets more flustered and unless it’s someone in his base who will see it as him owning the mass media, he tends to look even more like a child.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Baronash posted:

He literally did this.

Like, in his second week in office.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Andronian posted:

in what universe is letting trumps lies sit there unchallenged better than actually calling him out and forcing him to dig a deeper hole??

In the universe that it really doesn't matter if he lies. He doesn't really care that he is lying and by engaging his lies on any terms further promotes his lies. What are you gaining by addressing his lies?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bubbacub posted:

I was wondering who the Sergeant at Arms actually is, and the position actually sounds really lame.

he's also 1/3 of the leadership of the Capitol Police and iirc has some separate securiry staff for the House buildings / sections specifically

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
USPOL Fall: every single move has been in the wrong direction for this guy (Trump).

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

haveblue posted:

The security staff was sufficiently convinced that they had done this that the SCIF will need to be re-secured, for what that's worth.

lol, and that's a gigantic pain in the rear end

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

pkay posted:

In the universe that it really doesn't matter if he lies. He doesn't really care that he is lying and by engaging his lies on any terms further promotes his lies. What are you gaining by addressing his lies?

:thunk: what the gently caress man

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Bottom Liner posted:

:thunk: what the gently caress man

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firehose_of_falsehood

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Baronash posted:

didn't we already get one from Mulvaney

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

pkay posted:

Firehose of Falsehood

Also a bang-up Username.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I find it not surprising that Gaetz and his crew are doing the very coup that they project on the Dems and blame them for it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

VitalSigns posted:

didn't we already get one from Mulvaney

mueller was also appointed, in part, because trump blurted out that he fired comey because of the russia investigation in an interview

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
We shouldn't be surprised if the Republicans start to do this for any proceeding they disagree with. Just storm the room and bring it to a permanent halt.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1187052920287698944

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

DandyLion posted:

Also a bang-up Username.

I think that guy's on the same cricket squad as the Sledgehammer of Eternal Justice, Ian Bell.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Are you going to do this every single week

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty

theblackw0lf posted:

Finally read Taylor's testimony.

Besides the fact that it's utterly damning to the President, it's also extremely compelling reading. Just purely from a narrative standpoint it had me gripped. It's written and plays out like a thriller. When reading it I could see the inevitable movie version in my head.

If you haven't read it do so.

It's weird to read because it honestly and earnestly seems like Taylor really gives an actual gently caress about Ukraine and the wellbeing of the state and its people, which is utterly jarring compared to virtually everyone else in Trump's administration.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

robotsinmyhead posted:

It's weird to read because it honestly and earnestly seems like Taylor really gives an actual gently caress about Ukraine and the wellbeing of the state and its people, which is utterly jarring compared to virtually everyone else in Trump's administration.

He's a career diplomat rather than an admin flunky. Which makes it all the more baffling they appointed him after firing a different career diplomat for not acting as an admin flunky.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

because its closed door testimony they cant grandstand in order to make clips to gaslight the people of this country with so they needed to find another way to make those clips. Its really their only defense at this point

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

eviltastic posted:

https://twitter.com/RepAndyBiggsAZ/status/1187041850286379009

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Yeah and who can honestly imagine Trump suddenly doing an about face and actually handling all of this well? If anything he's just going to end up more irate and irrational and just do more crimes and sabotage his own defense even more.

Chance that he gets removed from office is rapidly going up

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

How?

How have none of them thought this through?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

How?

How have none of them thought this through?

they're just yelling out the door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Yes, that's what we're currently allowing Trump and the GOP to do and they're winning because we're not confronting them on their bullshit. Just look at the Gaetz stunt today, not a single reporter has pointed out to him that all of these proceedings are being done under the rules that the republicans set during the Benghazi "scandal". We're just letting them spout their bullshit freely.