Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Because only 4 Orgs were selected bothered to apply for last year's CitizenCon, this year we've allowed anyone to apply, no Org restriction! :woop:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Anyone know what a "Finale Football league set" is? I Googled it and all I could find were Adidas footballs on sale for, like, 12 pounds.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

Anyone know what a "Finale Football league set" is? I Googled it and all I could find were Adidas footballs on sale for, like, 12 pounds.

A soccer world cup final seat?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The onion of grifts is putting on another layer

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Agony Aunt posted:

Look out! They have a lawyer on the board of directors!

/thread?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/dm3fqx/citizencon_2949_schedule_roberts_space_industries/
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/dm3ftv/citizencon_2949_schedule/

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

So all they have to show is MicroTech?

I mean learning alien languages is cool and all, too bad there are no aliens in the game or for that matter anywhere on the roadmap.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

monkeytek posted:

I mean learning alien languages is cool and all, too bad there are no aliens in the game or for that matter anywhere on the roadmap.

They have a cosplay contest too. Bunnymen everywhere!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Shoot ‘em Up - Preview a new high-octane game mode coming to Star Citizen :blastu:

Cos and Effect - Strut your stuff in our first annual cosplay contest :lol::lol:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Quavers posted:

Shoot ‘em Up - Preview a new high-octane game mode coming to Star Citizen :blastu:

Cos and Effect - Strut your stuff in our first annual cosplay contest :lol::lol:

Locked up - Get some early insight into prisons in the 'verse, and life on the inside.

(gently caress sake, prison gameplay will no doubt involve bars of soap)

SC Prison, also known as "Fuzzys Funhouse".

Why does a space game need this poo poo? Do citizens like the thought of being locked up in a game?

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 23, 2019

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It's amazing they were able to stretch out 14.5 hours across 2 stages to talk about nothing.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Quavers posted:

Star Citizen Battle Royale?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Quavers posted:

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:lol:

Wow, just the same old poo poo. So I guess they really are just going to show off Microtech and make some more excuses for why SQ42 is getting delayed again. Also, I love how they’ve been using their dumb alien language bullshit as filler for years now.

That’s disappointing. I want to see fever dreams and crazy new forms of whale fracking, but it seems like those days are gone.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

colonelwest posted:

Wow, just the same old poo poo. So I guess they really are just going to show off Microtech and make some more excuses for why SQ42 is getting delayed again. Also, I love how they’ve been using their dumb alien language bullshit as filler for years now.

That’s disappointing. I want to see fever dreams and crazy new forms of whale fracking, but it seems like those days are gone.

There's that 1.5 hour keynote at the end in which Roberts will reveal a new ship that is actually a dating simulator.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sabreseven posted:

They have a cosplay contest too. Bunnymen everywhere!

Cringey as bunny man was, he had the good sense to bail on this project.

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Who is the middle guy cosplaying as? The confession bear meme?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Fairly sure that they should be showing those prices as VAT inclusive.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

It's probably referring to the "surprise mechanics" of FIFA ultimate team. The benchmark in ethical products that you wish yours to be compared to.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Slow_Moe posted:

Who is the middle guy cosplaying as? The confession bear meme?

Lol Daztek needs to make confession crobear official

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

colonelwest posted:

It's a bargain at only $125 :shepspends:

BlizzCon is the real ripoff, charging $229 for three days and six stages, with free entry for those people cosplaying as Winnie The Pooh :homebrew:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sabreseven posted:

Backer money being wisely spent. (Probably)

It isn't a limited edition Porsche, but isn't a Tesla a little extravagant for a crowdfunded gamedevs wages? I have almost no interest in little electric cars (round these parts they are reserved for the elderly to get to the shops and are known as 'mobility scooters' and are generally doing 3mph on a pavement getting in everyones way while the lone occupant whistles the "Charge of the light brigade" tune) so I may be judging it completely wrong and they might be super cheap over the pond in Trumpland. I mean I've seen that exact same model of Tesla in my local town and it was being driven by the local MP, so that's all I can judge it on. :shrug:

It’s a model 3 which looks like a model S but costs half as much. The model 3 starts below 40 grand and he said he’d saved a lot to get it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trucutru posted:

I just checked :reddit: and now they have commandos scavenging trash in their space game simulator.

If only they found a way to make scavenging trash more rewarding!

Pepenadores espaciales en el siglo XXX.

Definitely what I want is to spend stupid money on a simulator even more boring than real life. That's the ticket.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dementropy posted:

It's concept art, all the way down.

I don’t get it. Which part do you put up your butt?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Shoot ‘em Up - Preview a new high-octane game mode coming to Star Citizen

Lemme guess... a battle royal mode? CIG has to be envious of the cash the Fortnight juggernaut is pulling in.

Either that or a Rocket League knock off like I predicted for last years Citcon.

Oooh... maybe both!

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

bird with big dick posted:

It’s a model 3 which looks like a model S but costs half as much. The model 3 starts below 40 grand and he said he’d saved a lot to get it.

Ah fair enough, I can't fault him for that, so I retract my initial annoyance of wasted backer money. :)

As a gearhead and lifelong fan of roaring fossil fuel burners, I will call all Teslas regardless of model or performance, "Sinclair C5's". :D

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Viscous Soda posted:

Shoot ‘em Up - Preview a new high-octane game mode coming to Star Citizen

Lemme guess... a battle royal mode? CIG has to be envious of the cash the Fortnight juggernaut is pulling in.

Either that or a Rocket League knock off like I predicted for last years Citcon.

Oooh... maybe both!

Janky Battle Royale? Janky Rocket League? Sign me up!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

drat I hope that CIG try to make a Rocket League knockoff, just so we can see how bad the ball physics are :lolplant:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

:heysexy:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

First off, wtf is is that poo poo. It is laughable.

Second question, what is it with VAT? I know what VAT is, but is it supposed to be in the purchase (haha) price or are these UK anomalies?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

monkeytek posted:

Every year, every fuckin' year, they have another presentation on alien languages. I've never watched any of them. None of them have ever intersected with the game in any way. As far as I know none of them are usable or particularly interesting. It's entirely a facade.

Much like the rest of the roadmap, expect that this schedule is leaving off all of the big pre-recorded surprises that they hope to turn into high-pressure sales at the last minute.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Second question, what is it with VAT? I know what VAT is, but is it supposed to be in the purchase (haha) price or are these UK anomalies?

In the UK the VAT should always be included in the price, even if selling overseas.

There are exceptions to the rule but they are very few, games development is not one of these.

https://www.gov.uk/vat-businesses = useful link to UK VAT stuff if you like being bored out of your brains reading the most dreary thing ever since the script of Wing Commando.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 23, 2019

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Quavers posted:

drat I hope that CIG try to make a Rocket League knockoff, just so we can see how bad the ball physics are :lolplant:

This is why it won't happen.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Sandweed posted:

This is why it won't happen.

Santa Ball is right around the corner.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Colostomy Bag posted:

It should be included in the price in any advertising/marketing. It should also be charged to everyone, since the event/point of supply to my understanding is an event in Manchester. If they sold tickets for $31.25 and did not collect VAT on top of that, they should end up recording that as
$26.04 sales and handing over $5.21 in VAT as their mistake (converted to £ of course). Their bad.

For US people, generally everyone actually pays the VAT inclusive price, including businesses/companies. If the purchase is a valid business expense by a VAT registered business, they can reclaim the VAT paid on their purchases (usually just offset against VAT they collect on their sales).

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

Imagine if instead of having sales tax applied at the checkout, it was included in the price on the price tag for each item.

That's how VAT works in the U.K.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:negative:

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

UnknownTarget posted:

My predictions for Citizen Con:

1) Carrack - straight to flight ready.
2) Another S42 vertical slice.
3) Some major new landing zone for SC, as per The_Agent probably Earth.
4) Huge uptick in whale money.
5) Land claim ship will be teased.

6) a mark hamill appears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
Hey guys.... Why didn’t we apply for an Org Booth?