Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
There's also the incredibly ominous warning Pochita gave Denji in his dream.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Opens mystery closet. It's Makima. She's the Gun Devil. Their kid becomes the Chaingun Dog Devil, and when it barks it shoots beeschainsaws.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The only thing I can guess at about the door is that if Denji opens it he actually becomes a full devil or something and officially loses all his humanity.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I'm half-and-half on whether I want the devils explained or not. It seems like they're a relatively recent thing in the world, maybe like 50 years or so. What caused them? Would knowing that make Denji's situation clearer? Or would it just muddy the waters when they don't seem like they're leaving, making it an irrelevant question?

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I'm half-and-half on whether I want the devils explained or not. It seems like they're a relatively recent thing in the world, maybe like 50 years or so. What caused them? Would knowing that make Denji's situation clearer? Or would it just muddy the waters when they don't seem like they're leaving, making it an irrelevant question?

I'm guessing devils always existed but before The Communications Age, they were less powerful/coherent or there may have been regional variants.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
While anyone could predict that she'd survive, I can't say I expected Reze to be a KGB agent. Jesus Christ Fujimoto.

Chensauman is so loving good

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Maki a is going to kill Reeze and Denji will thank her for solving his crisis of heart.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Hiro Protagonist posted:

It does kind of make me wonder how the world made it through the Cold War without the Nuke Devil destroying everything.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
a thought i had about the chainsawman chapter - killing by strangulation is often botched by amateurs because you have to continue choking them for a while after they lose consciousness. reze's little ditty there could have been a way of timing just how long she needed to keep pressure on the guy's throat after he fell silent

either way this comic's got some of the scariest women i've seen in a manga since black lagoon

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter of SHY

Nice series, has kept a good momentum going.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
gently caress you, panels

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

gently caress you, panels

what does that mean

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Manatee Cannon posted:

what does that mean

Broke the frame.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
welp, nice uruka chapter there, but back to sensei's rear end next week

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Agronox posted:

welp, nice uruka chapter there, but back to sensei's rear end next week

If any vote result could be called a mandate, sensei is it.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Yuiga, Marry that girl!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Mulderman posted:

Yuiga, Marry that girl!

Gonna have to be specific here.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mraagvpeine posted:

Gonna have to be specific here.

The adorable one with the personality quirks.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
#TeamUruka :colbert:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Anyone get the Russian translated in CM? I had forgotten about the Russian military stuff, the russians trying to get a hold of chainsaw makes sense. I guess Typhoon backing off makes sense considering what Makima can do it's not surprising some devils fear them. Curious to see what Denji will choose. I assume the door in his heart is full Devil like people suggested. Presumably he'd be much stronger than now considering CM seems to be revered or feared by the others. I wonder if Gun and Chainsaw fought and Chainsaw was reduced to Porchita.

Irritated Goat posted:

When you're invested and wanting to see the next chapter, you tend not to wait? It's posted free so it's basically the same, just earlier?

I assume Shueisha is banking on volume sales, which we're not preventing.

it still 7 days to wait lol

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 20, 2019

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the time between chapters is the same but fan scans have always come out a few days quicker so that doesn't matter

obv you should support the free official scans because why wouldn't you do that, but that argument doesn't make much sense imo. if you have to read the fan stuff first, just make sure you also check out the official scans later. it's worth anyway since the translation is better

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

e: doesn't matter

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 20, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Mikl posted:

#TeamUruka :colbert:

Rizu development happened, no longer a pipe dream. #TeamRizuuuuuu

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Justice for Sekijo. I care more about her than any of the main characters.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Oct 21, 2019

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Chainsawman Mangaplus
In case people only read the Mangaplus version, the Mangastream translation also translated the Russian song which explains the title of the chapter.
IT's also a shame that Mangaplus puts the pages below eachother so the big spread fails. :(

Also we never learn was super sweet. :unsmith:

Yuiga X Uruka
Rizu X Sekiyo

But who would make Furuhashi happy? :ohdear: I keep thinking of that guy in the beginning that Nariyuki scared off so she could focus on her study.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
If you open a chapter and press the 3 dots in the top right corner, you can switch between vertical and horizontal scrolling.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wanna do a Kinnikuman thread bc the current arc is so loving good. All the recent arcs since the new serialization that started a few years ago pwn.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I don't read it so do because it might make me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Plutonis posted:

I wanna do a Kinnikuman thread bc the current arc is so loving good. All the recent arcs since the new serialization that started a few years ago pwn.

Do it or else I'll do it next year.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Plutonis posted:

I’m on board. Always wanted to read that.

Vise the Stompy
Mar 26, 2006

This cosmic dance; bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend....Peace!
Doctor Rope

Plutonis posted:

Its interesting, also confusing in a retroactive sense. Im pretty sure multiple pieces of the storyline from Kinnikuman II (the sequel about his son) have been contradicted at this point. Course that series had time travel changing events in the original Kinnikuman so I suppose what goes around comes around.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Holy jesus. I just looked at the Kinnikuman line of manga and there's a metric ton of it. I'll see you guys in the new year when I'm somewhere close to catching up?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

all you need to know is that the main heros BURNING INNER STRENGTH OF A SHOUNEN PROTAGONIST and the good guys BONDS OF FRIENDSHIP AND TEAMWORK are actual things that you can gently caress with and more than one villain's plan includes stealing them or sealing them away

Kinnikuman loving owns

once you get past the pro-wrestling nazis

HerraS fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 22, 2019

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mitama Security is really funny and I hope it's here to stay

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Where do we talk about the Beastars manga again?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Grouchio posted:

Where do we talk about the Beastars manga again?

There's a Beastars thread that will likely turn completely to manga discussion at the end of the anime, so just make sure to follow spoiler rules.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SpazmasterX posted:

There's a Beastars thread that will likely turn completely to manga discussion at the end of the anime, so just make sure to follow spoiler rules.
Unless a second season is announced right away, it's very likely to end up like that.

Otherwise, :justpost: the manga thread with an appropriate name to differentiate it from the anime one.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

There's a Beastars anime? Is it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Galvanik posted:

There's a Beastars anime? Is it any good?

https://twitter.com/PunkJax/status/...3D21%23lastpost

it's not going to officially hit the west under december-ish but early impressions are positive