Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

HM: CIMA, T-Hawk and Private Party vs The Rhodes Brothers and Young Bucks, AEW Dark

Super fun 8 man tag. Lots of great spots and some comedy.

Nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

rovert posted:

WMOTYC: Leva Bates vs Nyla Rose, AEW Dark 22/10/2019

Much worse than anything in Lacey Evans/Nattie series. At least they can run the ropes and throw strikes.

There was nothing wrong with it, it was just a standard squash. Sure Bates looked dreadful but she's basically a glorified jobber

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

HM: CIMA, T-Hawk and Private Party vs The Rhodes Brothers and Young Bucks, AEW Dark

nth

mfcrocker posted:

There was nothing wrong with it, it was just a standard squash. Sure Bates looked dreadful but she's basically a glorified jobber

I love the Librarians and didn't think the match was the worst ever, but the finish dragged a bit noticeably

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Chris James 2 posted:

I love the Librarians and didn't think the match was the worst ever, but the finish dragged a bit noticeably

Oh hell yeah I've enjoyed the Librarians since day 1, it's a great gimmick

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm starting to enjoy Peter Avalon just leaning into doing boilerplate sports team heel promos

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

rovert posted:

I did. Did you not read the second sentence of the two sentences I wrote?

rovert posted:

Much worse than anything in Lacey Evans/Nattie series. At least they can run the ropes and throw strikes.

:nallears: unless yr implying nyla can’t work in which case lmao

Jerusalem posted:

If he felt it was a WMOTYC then he's completely within reason to post a nomination just like anybody else in the thread, this is a thread based entirely on personal opinions.

agreed absolutely

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Leva vs. Nyla was not good, and I would even agree with Rovert that it was probably the worst AEW match to date, but I wouldn't put it as worst of the year.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

it was fun.

leva/nyla was just a bit poo poo it needed to get much funnier to reach WMOTYC. maybe it deserves a DM (Dishonourable Mention)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

well i am double posting. that was an "nth" for the AEW 8 man tag just previous BTW

Caleb Konley vs. Tad Parker NWA Powerrr Episode 3 22 OCT 2019

i never thought to ask the question "what if a 1992 WCW cruisermatch but with modern moves?" but i found the answer to be quite pleasing

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I can't in good conscious call Bates/Rose a wmoty when the last time I watched WWE their average women's match was like Cameron vs. Aksana, and this was no way close to that.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 23, 2019

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Pinwiz11 posted:

HM: Elgin v Marufuji, IMPACT Bound For Glory, 10/20

MOTYC: Ace Austin v Jake Crist v Tessa Blanchard v Daga v Ace Romero X-Division Ladder Match, IMPACT Bound For Glory, 10/20

nth the first, as loathe as I am to give Elgin props. The finish was weird and overdrawn but it was a good strong style-y match.

Going to HM the second. Would have maybe been a MOTYC for me if the right person won, but doing the ~swerve~ finish just made me disappointed.

oh but seriously I posted:

Caleb Konley vs. Tad Parker NWA Powerrr Episode 3 22 OCT 2019

i never thought to ask the question "what if a 1992 WCW cruisermatch but with modern moves?" but i found the answer to be quite pleasing

Is this hm or motyc? I'll HM the match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I Before E posted:

I'm starting to enjoy Peter Avalon just leaning into doing boilerplate sports team heel promos

:agreed: Something about how quickly he can rattle them off in rapid succession and then just immediately cap it off with the "shhhhhhh" when it's reached maximum boo potential is endearing imo

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Procrastinator posted:

Is this hm or motyc? I'll HM the match.

HM was indeed my intention i am really good at this

Punch McLightning posted:

MOTYC: Nayoa Nomura vs. Kento Miyahara, AJPW Explosion Series (9/3)

no idea who these guys are but i got bored waiting for AEW to come on and watched this. the lads tore it up! i will give it the HM. would probably be a MOTYC if i had any context for what was going on. even i get that blondie is a prick and black hair is the good one

pre-post edit: gently caress it i am going full MOTYC black hair did a rolling pike pin i love that move also the crowd was HOT

Only registered members can see post attachments!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

no idea who these guys are but i got bored waiting for AEW to come on and watched this. the lads tore it up! i will give it the HM. would probably be a MOTYC if i had any context for what was going on. even i get that blondie is a prick and black hair is the good one

pre-post edit: gently caress it i am going full MOTYC black hair did a rolling pike pin i love that move also the crowd was HOT

I salute you for watching this. So, some context, blondie is Kento Miyahara who is the AJPW Triple Crown champ, which as of today he's held for 1 year and 3 days. He's the ace of the company and he knows it, so like you said he's a smug prick. The other guy is Nomura, he's only 25 and is the future of the company. He went to the final of the big AJPW tournament, Champion Carnival this year and generally it's been a break through year for him. So he's the underdog but he's getting closer to Kento each time they face each other.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

forkboy84 posted:

I salute you for watching this. So, some context, blondie is Kento Miyahara who is the AJPW Triple Crown champ, which as of today he's held for 1 year and 3 days. He's the ace of the company and he knows it, so like you said he's a smug prick. The other guy is Nomura, he's only 25 and is the future of the company. He went to the final of the big AJPW tournament, Champion Carnival this year and generally it's been a break through year for him. So he's the underdog but he's getting closer to Kento each time they face each other.

i feel like knowing this ahead of time will enhance the experience even more so i highly recommend you watch this. thanks for the context FB!

frankenfreak posted:

HM: Copa Antonio Pena - AAA Heroes Immortales 10/19
I'm in the camp of the battle royal part and the absolute insanity of the final two averages out to HM.

yo what if a royal rumble but with cool poo poo instead of bullshit time wasting? also everybody is dressed in stylish and outrageous costumes? what if it turned into a singles match between a mad max smegma crazy dressed for the winter and a dinosaur at the end? and they did a load of incredibly reckless spots?

yeah this was good HM

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

gently caress :yeah:

I'm not 100% sure how to recommend matches sometimes beyond "this match is good, it is very exciting." I'm glad you took a shot at it. Miyahara is really great and Nomura is going to be great once he's a little more experienced. He kind of reminds me of Sanada in that he's a great wrestler, but isn't the best at showing charisma just yet.

MOTYC: Jake Lee vs. Kento Miyahara, AJPW Royal Road (9/23)

HM: Jake Lee vs. Suwama, AJPW Royal Road (9/14)
HM: Jiro Kuroshio vs. Kento Miyahara, AJPW Royal Road (9/18)
HM: Mistico vs. Sanson, CMLL 8/4
HM: David Starr vs. Tomohiro Ishii, RevPro Live in New York (4/5)
HM: Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis vs. SHO & YOH, RevPro Live in New York (4/5)
HM: Shane Taylor vs. Jeff Cobb, RoH 17th Anniversary Show (3/15)

One that inspired me in particular in that block is Taylor vs. Cobb. This is a really fun hoss off. Not as great as an Ishii hossing, but I think that you get a better idea of what Jeff Cobb can be in the best of times. Kind of unexpectedly: Shane Taylor is loving great in this! He's easily better than anything else I've seen him in this year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MOTYC: Private Party vs Lucha Bros, AEW Dynamite 10/23

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Absolutely nth

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Chris James 2 posted:

yes yes absolutely yes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Chris James 2 posted:

This was unreal

Nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

gently caress yeah nth.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I only saw the last 5-7 minutes and it was still straight fire enough to earn an Nth from me.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

NienNunb posted:

Absolutely nth

nth

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Nth

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Chris James 2 posted:

gives spotfests a good name, nth as hell

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Chris James 2 posted:

i think it is only a hm it was not all that fluid between spots

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HM: Dark Order vs SCU, AEW Dynamite 10/23

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

2nd

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Chris James 2 posted:

nth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MOTYC: Joey Janela vs. Kenny Omega, AEW Dynamite 10/23

These guys are so great together. And this was a completely different match from their unsanctioned - no weapons or anything.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela, AEW Dynamite 10/23

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

MOTYC: Joey Janela vs. Kenny Omega, AEW Dynamite 10/23

These guys are so great together. And this was a completely different match from their unsanctioned - no weapons or anything.

Nth. Dynamite best show ever

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela, AEW Dynamite 10/23p

i thought it was a real good match but not great. BUT real good tho!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

nth.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Nth, just a really solid match. Janela's real loving good

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Nth. The best I think Dark Order's looked so far. too bad they did the Inner Circle entrance during it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just got back home and caught this and agreed

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

segment of the year: the dippin dots disaster of 2020, AEW Dynamite 10/23