Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I assume that is from discovery, so there would be no judge in the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I do like how the attorney just can’t figure a way to articulate his argument because it’s so insane

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

And the best part is, come winter, the monkeys will all freeze to death!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

doverhog posted:

I assume that is from discovery, so there would be no judge in the room.

Yeah, the article says this is the discovery period. It seems to be from a deposition, so it's just the plaintiff's and defendant's attorneys with the manager in a closed room. So the defendant's attorney is able to object to the questions but there's no actual judge to legally enforce it as long as the one asking the questions isn't overstepping professional boundaries.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rats are the offspring of monkeys? hosed up if true

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Krankenstyle posted:

Rats are the offspring of monkeys? hosed up if true

Wait, is that supposed to be a normal size dude eating a baby? I always assumed it was a giant eating an adult human. It's hard to tell for sure without the head, but those look like adult limbs not baby limbs. I suppose it could be an especially skinny baby, but then why is the butt so big?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Wait, is that supposed to be a normal size dude eating a baby? I always assumed it was a giant eating an adult human. It's hard to tell for sure without the head, but those look like adult limbs not baby limbs. I suppose it could be an especially skinny baby, but then why is the butt so big?

It is Saturn (Cronos) devouring his son (probably either Hades or Poseidon) by Goya

AFewBricksShy has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Oct 22, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
That's the god Saturn, also known as Kronos.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Also if you want the son being eaten to look more like a baby, Rubens has got you covered

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Well look how uncultured I am.

B.C. man breaks back, drags body through forest for three days

I read this as a man with a broken back dragging someone else's body for three days. He was actually dragging his own half-paralyzed body, which is still impressive, but a bit of a let down honestly.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The one benefit to living in the (sub)urban hellscape that is this part of Europe is that it's impossible to get lost in the wilderness

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

The one benefit to living in the (sub)urban hellscape that is this part of Europe is that it's impossible to get lost in the wilderness

Buah, in Northern Europe you can leave take "a shortcut" and get lost to a wilderness where nothing exists for the next 40km (~25 miles) unless you find your way back.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Petition to change the thread title to Weed News Headlines for this page.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

Well look how uncultured I am.

B.C. man breaks back, drags body through forest for three days

I read this as a man with a broken back dragging someone else's body for three days. He was actually dragging his own half-paralyzed body, which is still impressive, but a bit of a let down honestly.

The headline leaves off that it was a bungled suicide attempt. He was really close to civilization but threw his stuff away and jumped out of a tree.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Der Kyhe posted:

Buah, in Northern Europe you can leave take "a shortcut" and get lost to a wilderness where nothing exists for the next 40km (~25 miles) unless you find your way back.

Presumably he doesn't live in that part of Europe.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Der Kyhe posted:

It's cute that you think 40km is a long way. I just did an easy walk and it was 100km to the next house. :australia:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

False alibi': Tarantino responsible for murdering schoolgirl, prosecutor tells court

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1186831114192740353?s=21

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Chinese improved greatly on the premise for Outsourced

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
it's hitmen all the way down

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I thought I had missed some huge Quinton Tarentino news

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Randaconda posted:

I thought I had missed some huge Quinton Tarentino news

Yeah, the headline isn't really weird but the name makes it.

Have a story about a council stepping up to protect 1.5m long worms that just chill and squelch around underground in the bush.

Giant Gippsland earthworms get council protections to preserve precious habitat

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Inceltown posted:

Yeah, the headline isn't really weird but the name makes it.

Have a story about a council stepping up to protect 1.5m long worms that just chill and squelch around underground in the bush.

Giant Gippsland earthworms get council protections to preserve precious habitat
Read about these super cool worms in a Bill Bryson book so I'm glad to hear they're doing OK

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SlenderSherbet/status/1186883709057798144

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Splicer posted:

Read about these super cool worms in a Bill Bryson book so I'm glad to hear they're doing OK

There is a lot wrong with Australia but our strange and wonderful animal life is not it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

Post your haunted house safe word.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cartoon Man posted:

Post your haunted house safe word.

Redrum.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

goatse

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
clussy

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

[armpit fart noise]

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.newsweek.com/florida-inmate-threw-iguana-alligator-prison-zoo-1467272

Florida Inmate Feeds Pet Iguana to Alligator at Prison Zoo, Is Charged With Animal Cruelty: 'I'm Still in Disbelief'

How horrible... wait, a prison zoo?? Oh its florida again.

"Selander said inmate workers on the farm have duties that include feeding, watering, cleaning and caring for the animals, but they are not permitted to feed the snakes, lizards or gators. She added that no live food is ever given to any of the animals."

So its like an animal farm that they can work at, kinda cool to learn about

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

cinni posted:

Oof.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why oof? Reminds me of those dog programs for prisoners and parolees. The pound is like animal prison in a way, so they already have so much in common. Its a sweet sentiment.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

cinni posted:

Why oof? Reminds me of those dog programs for prisoners and parolees. The pound is like animal prison in a way, so they already have so much in common. Its a sweet sentiment.

for-profit prisons are slavery

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

razorrozar posted:

I mean, in this case is anyone profiting off of the prison zoo? If it just gives the prisoners something to do, that’s cool. No different than some prisons letting prisoners keep dogs as pets.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

razorrozar posted:

I was convinced it was the Animal Farm reference but I guess both work equally well.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

cinni posted:

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-inmate-threw-iguana-alligator-prison-zoo-1467272

Florida Inmate Feeds Pet Iguana to Alligator at Prison Zoo, Is Charged With Animal Cruelty: 'I'm Still in Disbelief'

How horrible... wait, a prison zoo?? Oh its florida again.

"Selander said inmate workers on the farm have duties that include feeding, watering, cleaning and caring for the animals, but they are not permitted to feed the snakes, lizards or gators. She added that no live food is ever given to any of the animals."

Shouldn't have done this with a pet, but what makes it criminal animal cruelty, exactly? Especially for the one it ate.

Is there a way to interpret the law that says we should charge this guy, but not every single outdoor cat owner?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Didn't their Governor just say for them to shoot iguanas?