Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Omega vs. Janela

maybe i missed the best parts but it was quite good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: cody's gang vs. inner circle, dynamite 10/23

gently caress you, i'll tell you what a match is

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Aye Doc posted:

segment of the year: the dippin dots disaster of 2020, AEW Dynamite 10/23

segment of the loving decade

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: bucks vs friends

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Punch McLightning posted:

HM: bucks vs friends

Agreed

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MOTYC: bucks vs friends AEW 24 OCT 19

i had a lot of fun with this

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

MOTYC: cody's gang vs. inner circle, dynamite 10/23

gently caress you, i'll tell you what a match is

Yes.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

oh but seriously I posted:

nth.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

segment of the year: the dippin dots disaster of 2020, AEW Dynamite 10/23

I thought about making this post myself, so yeah - Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: Moxley vs. Pac, Dynamite

A little borderline, but the crowd was so hot at the end that I had to vote for it.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

It's not over yet but I'm still confident calling MOTYC: Donovan Dijak vs. Keith Lee vs. Roderick Strong, NA Title Match (NXT on USA, October 23)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A little borderline, but the crowd was so hot at the end that I had to vote for it.

nth

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

a draw done right, again. nth.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

HM: Moxley vs. Pac, Dynamite 24th OCT (MIGHT BE 23rd AMERICAN TIME)

i am not trying to be contrary it just seems to come naturally to me

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Procrastinator posted:

It's not over yet but I'm still confident calling MOTYC: Donovan Dijak vs. Keith Lee vs. Roderick Strong, NA Title Match (NXT on USA, October 23)

Nth

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

HM: Cameron Grimes vs Matt Riddle., NXT on USA 10/23

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Private Party vs. Lucha Bros, AEW Dynamite, 23/10
HM: SCU vs. The Dark Order, AEW Dynamite, 23/10
HM: Kenny Omega vs. Joey Janela, AEW Dynamite, 23/10
MOTYC: Cody vs. Airhorns, AEW Dynamite, 23/10
HM: The Young Bucks vs. Best Friends, AEW Dynamite, 23/10
HM: Jon Moxley vs. PAC, AEW Dynamite, 23/10

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HM: Private Party v Lucha Bros.

Animal Crackers
Jun 11, 2012
HM: Dominik Dijakovic vs. Keith Lee vs. Roderick Strong, NXT on USA 23/10

MOTYC: Lucha Bros vs Private Party, AEW Dynamite 23/10
HM: Kenny Omega vs Joey Janela, AEW Dynamite 23/10
HM: Young Bucks vs Best Friends, AEW Dynamite 23/10
HM: Jon Moxley vs PAC, AEW Dynamite 23/10

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Adding (some unnecessarily):

MOTYC: Private Party vs. Lucha Bros
HM: Joey Janela vs. Kenny Omega
HM: Jon Moxley vs. PAC

All from AEW Dynamite on 10/23

Edit: Also adding:

MOTYC: Roderick Strong (C) vs. Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic for the NXT North American Championship - NXT 10/23

Fantastic match, hot crowd, great character stuff in the finish/aftermath (Roddy collapsing to the ground because Cole ignoring supporting his body to show off his own belt was perfect), this would have fit right in with any of the great Takeover cards.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 24, 2019

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've only watched NXT so far. I like to watch AEW in the day/evening time.

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Roderick Strong (C) vs. Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic for the NXT North American Championship - NXT 10/23

Fantastic match, hot crowd, great character stuff in the finish/aftermath (Roddy collapsing to the ground because Cole ignoring supporting his body to show off his own belt was perfect), this would have fit right in with any of the great Takeover cards.

Nth.

HM: Matt Riddle vs. Cameron Grimes

As what Bix said on Twitter Riddle and Grimes are really, really good at doing their indie style of match in NXT without in feeling self-consciously like a WWE match. The breakout match that Grimes needed. You could nearly see the lightbulb go off above his head during it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

HM: Cameron Grimes vs Matt Riddle., NXT on USA 10/23

rovert posted:

HM: Matt Riddle vs. Cameron Grimes

I'd meant to second this one too, this was a ton of fun and I really dug the postmatch stuff too.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

oh but seriously I posted:

nth

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Jake Lee for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW 47th Anniversary (10/24)

The conclusion of a three match trilogy between Kento and his former protege. Absolutely incredible stuff. Some fantastic near falls. My neighbors probably hate me now for screaming too much at the end of the match, The biggest criticism I've heard of this match is that it was "too much like an NJPW main event epic" so if NJPW main event epics are your thing then check this out. Too bad Jake Lee couldn't Stop the Kento

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Jake Lee for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW 47th Anniversary (10/24)

2nd

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I’ll third today’s Miyahara vs Lee. I think it’s the best Miyahara match of the year.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The conclusion of a three match trilogy between Kento and his former protege. Absolutely incredible stuff. Some fantastic near falls. My neighbors probably hate me now for screaming too much at the end of the match, The biggest criticism I've heard of this match is that it was "too much like an NJPW main event epic" so if NJPW main event epics are your thing then check this out. Too bad Jake Lee couldn't Stop the Kento

Nth

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Hikaru Sato & Hokuto Omori vs. Fuminori Abe & Koji Iwamoto, AJPW Growin' Up (10/22)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

nth

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Yes, nth.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Nth this

I have feelings about this but I won't go into them here because spoiler tags when phoneposting are more effort than I can be arsed with.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Stokely Hathaway vs. Orange Cassidy, IWTV 2/11 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3OjavRUEmg

This made me laugh about as hard as any match this year. Is it actually a match? I don't know, but Stokely hulking up after having his iPhone broken - an iPhone X, dammit! - made me laugh really hard.

HM: Isiah Kassidy, Marc Quen, CIMA, & T-Hawk vs. Cody, Dustin Rhodes, Matt Jackson, & Nick Jackson, AEW Dark 10/22

Lots of fun with good comedy spots.

HM: Arisa Nakajima & Ayame Sasamura vs. Yumiko Hotta & Miyuki Takase, SEAdLINNING (1/20) - https://dai.ly/k2T9V3TDAiBxoUsWsuK

Mostly a pretty wild brawl. Yumiko's pretty great in particular just hurking chairs at people, and Arisa Nakajima just being real pissed off.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WMOTYC: Lacey Evans vs. Cameron Conners, WWE SmackDown 10/25

Pollyanna posted:

Lacey Evans cane out to country music, cut a promo against her WPOC opponent saying she doesn’t wrestle “nasties like this”, then immediately <insert some wrestling move here> and pins her.

Then some Rey Misterio poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i will never watch that but if i can still vote in spite of admitting it then the above is the worst match i've ever heard of. if not then i just don't give a drat because i'm in the bullet club and dx!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Nothing that wmotyc despite not watching the match

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

I watched it just so I could nth the nomination.

gently caress Vince and gently caress everything about Lacey Evans

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Benne posted:

lmao, this is some real good poo poo

nth

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKFVLmbk1vk#t=170s

I was wrong, what she said was:

quote:

I have far too much respect for myself as a woman and an athlete to even entertain the idea of competin’ in the ring with the likes of this nasty thing.

She then leaves the ring for 9.999 seconds before darting back in, sucker punch, pin, win.

This was the first WWE show I’ve ever seen and it was also the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Nth that WMOTYC nom.

What’s the record for most WMOTYCs in a year?