Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
Great, brace for multi page debates on Endor and Kef Bir being the same place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

SolarFire2 posted:

Great, brace for multi page debates on Endor and Kef Bir being the same place.

Going to denny's for clarification brb

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

*Extremely streetcar named desire voice* Pablooooooooo

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Possibility 1: Kef Bir is just another moon of Endor, the wreckage got blasted over there instead of just falling on the forest moon

Possibility 2: The wreckage stayed in orbit and the rebels/republic towed it over to Kef Bir and dumped it in the ocean for some reason

Possibility 3 (my money's on this one): JJ has a history of baffling mistakes regarding the scale of space, so Kef Bir and Endor are completely unrelated and no reason is given in the movie for why the wreckage is on a different planet, leaving Pablo or whoever to have to come up with some technobabble nonsense to explain it in the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's the debris of a third Death Star.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

YaketySass posted:

It's the debris of a third Death Star.

It literally has Palpatine's throne room from Jedi in it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

*pabloishly* It would only make sense for the third death star to also have a throne room for palpatine in it

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
I will say that I really love the redone main theme at the end of the trailer. It makes me wish I gave a poo poo about this trilogy so it could have a proper send off.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
The fermented milk moon of Kef Ir.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I absolutely love hating these stupid movies.

Palpatine looks like janky rear end Mortal Kombat 4 Shinnok

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

well why not posted:

Sword Diplomat! Sword Scholar! Get on the battle bus!

That feeling when you forget to respec before the raid.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Potential BFF posted:

I absolutely love hating these stupid movies.

Palpatine looks like janky rear end Mortal Kombat 4 Shinnok

I like to remind people that during the PlayStation 1 era, there was an exclusive Star Wars fighting game. It was more a clone of Tekken than Mortal Kombat though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I said come in! posted:

I like to remind people that during the PlayStation 1 era, there was an exclusive Star Wars fighting game. It was more a clone of Tekken than Mortal Kombat though.

And it was real bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSkMZC5wY2s

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I still can't believe that there was even an offhand mention of teras kasi in a Star Wars film. I guarantee even the Lucasfilm people can't know what that is.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I remember it because there was a period where Teras Kasi Artist was the best combat class in Star Wars Galaxies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zoran posted:

I remember it because there was a period where Teras Kasi Artist was the best combat class in Star Wars Galaxies.

I miss Star Wars Galaxies. Given over to an actually competent developer, it had the potential at launch to be a really good sandbox MMO. The foundation was there at launch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

FlamingLiberal posted:

I still can't believe that there was even an offhand mention of teras kasi in a Star Wars film. I guarantee even the Lucasfilm people can't know what that is.

I looked this up because I don't remember it ever being mentioned, but then I realized it's because I've dozed through Solo twice lol. Apparently in a cut scene from Rogue One, we would've learned that Saw taught Jyn the martial art. It would have been kind of cool if they expounded on this had they not butchered Jyn's character into becoming the most generic hero ever. I'm totally down for Teras Kasi being a prominent thing in Star Wars canon; the mix of traditional martial arts and Star Wars is a weird combo, but seeing Donnie Yen gently caress up Stormtroopers with kicks and flips and poo poo using whatever in-universe combat art was cool. I wouldn't mind more of that.

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.
Wow: looks like George Lucas gave a reaction video to the new ROTS trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MuxVqB3I7E

(parody)

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Can someone ask Pablo why Operation Cinder was a thing if the Emperor was still alive?

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

Papercut posted:

The version that uses Hayden's ghost makes no sense because it's just some random dude we've never seen before instead of the guy we watched die on screen like five minutes earlier.

this ghost is simply not logical!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Last I heard pablo logged off of online, supposedly due to mean people but in hindsight it’s pretty convenient timing to dodge this shitshow

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
The forcebond was really a stroke of genius. It gave the filmmakers carte blanche to throw their hero and antagonist together throughout the story without having to worry about time/distance constants.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

If you think about it, actors Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver were closer together when filming those scenes than Reu and Kylo Ren were diegetically.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Seems like an inopportune time to introduce craft beer as a plot device in the Star Wars universe but I'll see where they go with it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Moose King posted:

Possibility 1: Kef Bir is just another moon of Endor, the wreckage got blasted over there instead of just falling on the forest moon

Possibility 2: The wreckage stayed in orbit and the rebels/republic towed it over to Kef Bir and dumped it in the ocean for some reason

Possibility 3 (my money's on this one): JJ has a history of baffling mistakes regarding the scale of space, so Kef Bir and Endor are completely unrelated and no reason is given in the movie for why the wreckage is on a different planet, leaving Pablo or whoever to have to come up with some technobabble nonsense to explain it in the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary

The move the debris every few years.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

One of us at least has to go see the movie to tell everyone what happens

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Moose King posted:

It's a museum, also destroyed. It's just a replica of the Death Star 2 throne room.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

The Tusken Raider fighter was named Hoar. That struck me as an interesting choice because I don't know any other ways to pronounce that.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Potential BFF posted:

The Tusken Raider fighter was named Hoar. That struck me as an interesting choice because I don't know any other ways to pronounce that.
Like the TIE fighter noise. "HhhOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRrrrrrr."

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I just assumed that was his name because of the sound tusken raiders make.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Payndz posted:

Like the TIE fighter noise. "HhhOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRrrrrrr."

Just replace all ship flyby sounds with Adam Driver impersonations

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So Poe and rose do entirely nothing in this movie ; amazing

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

If we are going to believe the spoilers then apparently the Knights of Ren also do absolutely nothing other than circle menacingly as an alien repairs Kylo Rens helmet.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AndyElusive posted:

If we are going to believe the spoilers then apparently the Knights of Ren also do absolutely nothing other than circle menacingly as an alien repairs Kylo Rens helmet.

Missed opportunity to have Rose, Poe, Finn, and reluctant-hero-Phasma-now-part-of-the-resistance be the force-sensitive Knights of Rey so they can have a big fight with the dark side warriors Knights of Ren at the end of TROS.

Seriously though, I wish Phasma had a better character arc :( Gwendoline Christie owns.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

teagone posted:

Missed opportunity to have Rose, Poe, Finn, and reluctant-hero-Phasma-now-part-of-the-resistance be the force-sensitive Knights of Rey so they can have a big fight with the dark side warriors Knights of Ren at the end of TROS.

I was told by a guy who knows a dude who has an uncle that is friends with someone from ILM that the actual Knights of Rey are going to be Unkar Plutt, Greedo's cousin Beedo, the broom kid from the end of TLJ, and Neeku Vozo.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

AndyElusive posted:

They're there for kylo to clown on

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The clown's clowns will surely make for compelling toys to purchase antagonists

bij
Feb 24, 2007

If we're going to wish for things: A proper scene where Phasma fights Finn with her pike, one of those laser axes, or the shock batons, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that it is a scene-for-scene ripoff and / or homage to Brienne vs. The Hound complete with oval office punt. Rose can rescue Finn after he gets his rear end hauled off a cliff and he can hobble around on a splint in a Ziploc bacta bag.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

teagone posted:

Seriously though, I wish Phasma had a better character arc :( Gwendoline Christie owns.

Really disappointing that the Finn as force-sensitive stuff from TFA has been discarded completely. Also huge waste of Gwendolyn Christie, smdh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mat Cauthon posted:

Really disappointing that the Finn as force-sensitive stuff from TFA has been discarded completely.

When was Finn ever force-sensitive?