Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Incessant Excess posted:

He meant 150 million a month :negative:

lmao even better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i want to see bryan's 10 month calendar

"Lousy Smark weather"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

First ten minutes of WOR is a must listen for any fans of Dave workout/body chat

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

jesus WEP posted:

First ten minutes of WOR is a must listen for any fans of Dave workout/body chat

Yeah wow I was not expecting this haha. Amazing.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Lost it at Dave hearing the weights talk to him

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
thats going in the 2019 compilation

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OctoberCountry posted:

Holy gently caress I just got to this part :vince:

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

jesus WEP posted:

I dug up this thread to make this post, but really it was 12 minutes

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Holy gently caress I just got to this part :vince:

"I thought I was going to tear up all my muscles, so I stopped. ...

[Meltzer whisper] But I didn't!"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

OctoberCountry posted:

My god this was fantastic.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dave talking about being through "so many cycles" :raise:

e: Oh my God Dave. "The kids from the other side of town. You know, the side of town I don't live in." :lol:

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Oct 24, 2019

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dave told the spookiest Halloween stories to open his birthday podcast, it was extremely good.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'd love Dave reviewing the Friday the 13th movies. He would be so pissed at the opening of 6.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’d pop like crazy if Dave made reference to Michael Myers no-selling a gunshot

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

I’d pop like crazy if Dave made reference to Michael Myers no-selling a gunshot

Not sure "worked handoff" by Alvarez will ever be topped

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

fez_machine posted:

"I thought I was going to tear up all my muscles, so I stopped. ...

[Meltzer whisper] But I didn't!"

I chose to interpret this as Dave becoming one with the weights, like Doctor Octopus and his mechanical arms.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
"It wasn't really that serious but all of the sudden..
it got like...
it got uh...
what happened...
<snarls>IT WAS YOU!
<whispers> It 's always you Bryan. "

"What did I do?"

I'm dying.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

"And some people never will but that's ok because they're doomed. But a lot of people are not doomed"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dave and Bryan are being a bit dumb about AEW dark considering each video has between 500k and 900k views.

edit: Bryan is also being absolutely dumb about the draw and I think it's a mistake to think a hot crowd booing something means they don't like it. A hot crowd is leaning into the fiction and a boo means they're interested and reacting. It's like how booing a heel means they're a good heel but not reacting to them means they suck. If the crowd was actually mad about the draw they just wouldn't respond.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 24, 2019

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm dying

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

If the crowd was actually mad about the draw they just wouldn't respond.

They could also boo, if they were mad. IDK the brains of everyone there, but booing is also an angry reaction

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
What are those hoofbeats? Must be a zebra.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
They booed and did not like it but that seemed to be the intent. Establishing draws as a legit ending seems important for a wrestling company. It should happen every six or eight months or so, IMO. Same with count out finishes.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah I have zero problem with the draw but there's also no need to say every decision is correct and everyone actually loved it and were just playing along

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I think the distinction between “loved it” and “was still interested and wasn’t mad at the company” is a fair one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm honestly surprised the more WWE-centric critics aren't roundly criticizing it.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
You know between the last two WOR episodes I think I'm finally starting to understand Dave. Just the rollercoaster of him getting older and somehow comparing it to people not thinking the Dynamite Kid would go over was a wild ride. Like I can't even remember all the tangents he went off on based solely on it being his birthday.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The draw was fine and I haven't seen a clip of the aftermath but it seems like from the writeup someone posted of it - it would have been much better to show the following five minutes on tv so it didn't end with Mox walking around saying 'draw, my rear end" over and over again

That was a weird spot to end the show on unless they were running that far behind

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Yeah I have zero problem with the draw but there's also no need to say every decision is correct and everyone actually loved it and were just playing along

My point is that Bryan is wrong to say that you should never do a draw and that the crowd booing doesn't necessarily mean "don't do this".

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

JT Smiley posted:

You know between the last two WOR episodes I think I'm finally starting to understand Dave. Just the rollercoaster of him getting older and somehow comparing it to people not thinking the Dynamite Kid would go over was a wild ride. Like I can't even remember all the tangents he went off on based solely on it being his birthday.

dave visualises things in such high dimensional terms it is hard for him to express it linearly

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

My point is that Bryan is wrong to say that you should never do a draw and that the crowd booing doesn't necessarily mean "don't do this".

thats fair. i misunderstood you.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gumball Gumption posted:

Dave and Bryan are being a bit dumb about AEW dark considering each video has between 500k and 900k views.

Eh I dunno, I’m a fan who only watches the tv show and doesn’t watch Dark. If they’re going to do something crazy awesome on Dark, I’d appreciate replays.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i feel like people are putting a draw on the same level as a DQ or ref stoppage as far as being a gently caress finish and it really isn't. these are guys that might take over 30 minutes to beat another elite talent, it's perfectly reasonable that they wouldn't be able to finish each other off within the TV time remaining.

It's a really good storytelling device and I think people will agree once it's more established as a legitimate finish

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

i feel like people are putting a draw on the same level as a DQ or ref stoppage as far as being a gently caress finish and it really isn't. these are guys that might take over 30 minutes to beat another elite talent, it's perfectly reasonable that they wouldn't be able to finish each other off within the TV time remaining.

It's a really good storytelling device and I think people will agree once it's more established as a legitimate finish

Yeah I'm 100% on board with this as well as Dave's point that it makes the next match that much hotter because the last one wasn't decisive.

Plus, it whipped most of the crowd into an absolute frenzy when they announced 5:00 remaining.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Tv is when you’re supposed to do the gently caress finishes and the count out endings. You’re building to the big PPV match. Wwe is stupid because they did the stupid ending for a PPV match.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1187430501650448384?s=20

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I think it'd be cool if a match got near the time limit and the guys just started throwing hands to KO each other, kinda like some MMA fights go when the 10 second clapper hits

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

dave needs to bring back the mullet with that green sweater

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I think it'd be cool if a match got near the time limit and the guys just started throwing hands to KO each other, kinda like some MMA fights go when the 10 second clapper hits

i like the finish just fine (not saying you didn't) but this would also fuckin own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Or turn one guy into a megaheel by having him get a takedown and then just lay there for the last 30 seconds not doing anything while the ref tells him to work.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 24, 2019