Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Best Friends posted:

That actually nice recruiter? Fake vet
Guard recruiters have slightly more incentive not to gently caress you over since they'll probably be working with you for several years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

Funker530 made fun of Trump on Facebook, check out the glorious comments. Love it when chuds get their little safe spaces violated.

https://www.facebook.com/FUNKER530/photos/a.566899443361696/2693650940686525/?type=3&theater

I love how much snowflake poo poo is projection from CHUD types. What loving babies.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Do the ultimate "gently caress you" thing and encourage your children to join

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Some day my boy you might be lucky enough to get ordered to do an extrajudicial killing of a ten year old in Belgium for griefing Barron in Minecraft.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Casimir Radon posted:

Some day my boy you might be lucky enough to get ordered to do an extrajudicial killing of a ten year old in Belgium for griefing Barron in Minecraft.

More likely we'll be invading the Netherlands to liberate some war criminals American POWs

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Casimir Radon posted:

Guard recruiters have slightly more incentive not to gently caress you over since they'll probably be working with you for several years.

one night farting around in HQ the head nurse was talking about her time in recruiting and how getting through nursing school was her motivator for getting out of it

she laughed for 30 seconds when i told her who my recruiter was and said she was amazed he signed anyone. super nice guy and a good infantry soldier but a recruiter he was not.

i was going in anyways so i hope i made that guys day at least.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

gently caress, I still struggle with what I'm gonna say to my kids when they are the age to choose that escape route from home. gently caress I don't even know what I'm gonna say about the military in general while they're growing up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

no

no

no

no

no
no

no

no
no

nooooo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

gently caress, I still struggle with what I'm gonna say to my kids when they are the age to choose that escape route from home. gently caress I don't even know what I'm gonna say about the military in general while they're growing up.

"I did it so you didn't have to. Go find something else to try."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Joined Jan of 90, a month before my 18th birthday, and missed every major deployment while on active and the reserves.

No Deseet Shield or Storm, no Somalia, no Rwanda, no Haiti, and no Kosovo.

I'm the pogiest pog of a remf to exist.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Good news! He's a tough old bastard.

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/1187426156938706945?s=19

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

I'm going to tell my kids the same thing I tell all my civi friends when they ask about it: "It was a job, and one of the shittier ones I could've chosen (twice :negative:). Go to college, follow your passions, don't break your back for the state."

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Joined Jan of 90, a month before my 18th birthday, and missed every major deployment while on active and the reserves.

Preach. Joined in January of 2003 (I remember watching Baghdad get bombed during basic and freaking the gently caress out), never volunteered to go to Afghanistan because everyone I talked to about it talked me OUT of going.
Plus I would have been stuck on KAF the entire time most likely.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Jimmy lives to pound Rosalynn another day.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Thump! posted:

Jimmy lives to pound Rosalynn another day.

gently caress yes jimmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Thump! posted:

Jimmy lives to pound nails into houses for the poor another day.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I failed the piss test. I probably would have died if I joined and deployed to Afghanistan though cause that was my plan as a depressed teenager trying to find purpose in life

Creatine monohydrate, vitamin B complex and a gallon of water.

I beat a lot of drug tests my last year in with those 3 ingredients.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

That Works posted:

I hate all of these people jfc.

There is nothing bad enough I could wish on that guy

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

KirbyKhan posted:

My son is almost sixteen and we've talked at length about the military. I told him I stayed in because I had nothing else going for me in life and it was a way to provide a decent lifestyle for him and his mom but that there were several points in my life where I asked myself if this was really worth it. He has my GI Bill and is setup to earn a degree in something he is passionate about. The only thing he can't do is enlist in the military because I wouldn't be able to live knowing I wasted my time in and he didn't benefit from it at all.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Syrian Lannister posted:

One of the pogiest.
Joined 2 months earlier, got out first week of Sept 2001, and was a judge advocate.
Told my son not to enlist. He now makes more than me in his first job out of college.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 24, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Syrian Lannister posted:

so loving proud of you

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I told my youngest step son not to join the military like his fail-dad or his step-dad.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

My son is almost sixteen and we've talked at length about the military. I told him I stayed in because I had nothing else going for me in life and it was a way to provide a decent lifestyle for him and his mom but that there were several points in my life where I asked myself if this was really worth it. He has my GI Bill and is setup to earn a degree in something he is passionate about. The only thing he can't do is enlist in the military because I wouldn't be able to live knowing I wasted my time in and he didn't benefit from it at all.

What if he wants to go Coast Guard?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Creatine monohydrate, vitamin B complex and a gallon of water.

I beat a lot of drug tests my last year in with those 3 ingredients.

Hell water alone will carry you pretty far from what I gather.

(I used the same strategy you did)

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

LingcodKilla posted:

What if he wants to go Coast Guard?

He can try to commission I guess but that means he'll have four years of college to think about it first.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Comes with a matching "Future Gold Star Family" shirt

Kinda beaten, idgaf

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Milo and POTUS posted:

Hell water alone will carry you pretty far from what I gather.

(I used the same strategy you did)

You know that in all likelihood your urine was never actually tested right? Only like ten percent of samples actually make it to the lab for testing because it's prohibitively expensive. The making everyone pee In a cup is mostly a deterrent.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Mine was for probation and they did the prelim test in front of us

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Babies piss and poo poo a lot. I wouldn’t be angry if the words were removed.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Babies piss and poo poo a lot. I wouldn’t be angry if the words were removed.

So you're saying babies are really just Marines?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Thump! posted:

So you're saying babies are really just Marines?

Eats crayons, complains about everything and passes out after drinking too much?

Checks out.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

You know that in all likelihood your urine was never actually tested right? Only like ten percent of samples actually make it to the lab for testing because it's prohibitively expensive. The making everyone pee In a cup is mostly a deterrent.

I'd had some sergeant try to rat me out by claiming I smoked with her a few times, I didn't even know she smoked. She gave up the ghost on herself by not showing up to the drug test formation call.

I found out the day prior to the drug test because I had a secret squirrel I traded beer for a heads up, yay HQ company. My piss came up clean.

14 years ago when I would've been sweating the risk, piss samples were still somewhat expensive. NIDA-5 dip strip tests are probably less than a buck apiece now, and lab sample costs have come down greatly since then, too. The threshold for weed used to be 50 nanograms per microliter, verified at 15, then zero. Getting below that first threshold was my only concern.

I'm sure things have tightened up a bit, but for most drug tests, dilution is the solution to pollution. Unless it goes to GC/MS, then you're just hosed.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LingcodKilla posted:

Eats crayons, complains about everything and passes out after drinking too much?

Checks out.

Always does the opposite of what you tell it to do, sucks on tits, never dresses right, runs until it collapses and cries.

Dear God, it all adds up!

Someone get the Terminal Lance guy on this stat, the world needs to know!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

That Works posted:

I passed on an OCS slot for the USMC in the spring of 2000 and went to graduate school instead. For a year or so after 9/11 I felt really conflicted about if I should drop out and go to OCS instead. I always felt a little bit bad about it but by 2008 or so I was really glad I decided not to go that route. Most of my best friends from college signed up in 2000 and every one of them told me to stay out and that it wasn't worth it by 2002 which was the last time I really thought about going in.

Oh cool, so I wasn't alone in feeling conflicted years later about not signing up/commissioning. Good to know.

I'll never forget some reserve major trying to talk me out of leaving ROTC by telling me about the time he got to live in England for six weeks because of some TDY and he tried to tell me I'd never do anything like that as a civilian in the most :smug: way possible. It backfired because he was such a prick about it. Then some colonel had to talk to me and he ended up being really chill about it and told me he was sad to me go but if I wanted an OCS slot to reach out to him or to possibly come back once I was in grad school.

Joke's on that major though, my wife's family has an apartment in Edinburgh that I live in for like a month every year or so.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Suicide Watch posted:

I still can't understand how so many seemingly ordinary people have bought into chud mentality–poo poo like Q, pizzagate, kek, and Pepe originate from the niche and nether regions of the internet...do the chuds really have this much time to discover and gain deep knowledge of it? I mean it seems like they don't work or have other obligations and spend all their time online?

If they put a fraction of that time spent browsing and researching stuff on the deep state toward healthcare or economic policy...oh well you can't really change people's values

Facebook, Youtube and tech companies being complicit in allowing this poo poo to spread for the sake of money

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Also everyone getting more and more lonely, especially as they age, turning to media and social media for their daily interpersonal needs. So it's going to get worse.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Eej posted:

Facebook, Youtube and tech companies being complicit in allowing this poo poo to spread for the sake of money

But but but algorithms!!!!

"Complicit" doesn't feel like a strong enough word for what they're doing; in a lot of cases they violate their own supposed terms by allowing that kind of trash to spread, because it drives ~engagement~ and more ad revenue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
when you look at these people's social media profiles its loving filled with close up selfies, prayers and shares from realpatriotrightwingnews.com or some other poo poo.