Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Clearly i won't be fired in this troubled time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Google%20Inc.

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Google

Google has 18 titles on Steam already it seems.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lol that's VR stuff they probably already gave up on.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Nuclearmonkee posted:

They announced a plant closure over here and the first question was a tesla bro asking when we were going to install a charger in the corporate office parking lot

install a chademo just to spite them

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/jack/status/1187430268967231488

thank you jack for giving me access to fractional Berkshire Hathaway shares

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

went over to a coworker's desk to help with something today, noticed he was using loving Brave as his primary browser :yikes:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Soricidus posted:

install a chademo just to spite them

that wont work, they can get adapters for chademo. buy ccs fast chargers instead

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

their current office is right near the caltrain station so I'd guess most of their people are sf or peninsula but whoever says that's a 10 minute drive at any time during a work day is high, google maps says that's 30 minutes with traffic right now

oh, sorry, i'm just so used to riding my motorcycle and noclipping through traffic :smugdog:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

in other news, one of my students works at a fancy restaurant and said that marc benioff came in to eat once and all he ordered was three family-sized bowls of guacamole.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
courageous

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

in other news, one of my students works at a fancy restaurant and said that marc benioff came in to eat once and all he ordered was three family-sized bowls of guacamole.

Did he then get out a funnel and buttchug

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/eliotwb/status/1187457357577482240

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Shame Boy posted:

went over to a coworker's desk to help with something today, noticed he was using loving Brave as his primary browser :yikes:

is brave a bad browser? I thought it was that privacy thing. or is it the one that mines crypto?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

dc3k posted:

is brave a bad browser? I thought it was that privacy thing. or is it the one that mines crypto?

brave is all of those things

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

brought to you by Brendan Eich

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

httpx://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/4QZMxJ_QkkIPwf4SMgPgev2qRNw=/0x0:1170x780/920x613/filters:focal(492x297:678x483):format(webp)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/65188909/briggo.0.jpg
that ain't it chief

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

works4me

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Pinterest Mom posted:

https://twitter.com/ezraklein/status/1187406608680148993

how do they think they're going to make employees whole on their stock options without any money???

It’s like the high school NBA winning the World Series, never happened

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

oh, sorry, i'm just so used to riding my motorcycle and noclipping through traffic :smugdog:

until the exact moment some tesla idiot in the carpool lane realizes they actually wanted to get off at cesar chavez and cuts across the whole drat freeway without looking

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
one of you are gonna have to tell me why brave is bad because it blocks ads on my phone and seems good

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Krakox posted:

one of you are gonna have to tell me why brave is bad because it blocks ads on my phone and seems good

lol

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
- it's run by noted fuckwit brendan eich
- the goal isn't really to "block" ads, it's to "replace them with ads that pay us instead"

just use firefox

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Jabor posted:

- it's run by noted fuckwit brendan eich
- the goal isn't really to "block" ads, it's to "replace them with ads that pay us instead"

just use firefox

also, it has a cryptocurrency

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Krakox posted:

it originally hitched itself as a crypto middleman but that obviously bombed so now they're just another browser

no one who's recommended it to me has given me a compelling reason why it's better than firefox so idk

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I keep pooping in my own mouth and you're going to have to tell me why it's bad :smugdog:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

PIZZA.BAT posted:

it originally hitched itself as a crypto middleman but that obviously bombed so now they're just another browser

no one who's recommended it to me has given me a compelling reason why it's better than firefox so idk

Firefox + adnauseum for lyfe

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
its me the person running a browser that mines cryptocurrency in the background

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
here is what brave is all about

thats it. they don't loving care about your 'browser' experience. They just wanted to build a vertical ad market, and in order to do that, they have to control the browser.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jonny 290 posted:

thats it. they don't loving care about your 'browser' experience. They just wanted to build a vertical ad market, and in order to do that, they have to control the browser.
im the captivating full-page advertising experience provided directly to the consumer

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

evilweasel posted:

i had to google what the gently caress yonkers is, and that's a full 17 miles from the center of manhattan

that article says they're moving 10 miles

manhattan is 13 miles long

yonkers is only 2.5 miles away from manhattan

idk how you got "17 miles"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

manhattan is 13 miles long

yonkers is only 2.5 miles away from manhattan

idk how you got "17 miles"
measuring the distance from inwood and not "the center of manhattan" is some f*shmech poo poo

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

you're realistically going from grand central to yonkers (grand central is metro north, penn is NJ Transit and LIRR) so somewhere between 14-17 miles depending on mode of transport is accurate

there are stops uptown and in the bronx but most people are riding all the way down

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

qirex posted:

measuring the distance from inwood and not "the center of manhattan" is some f*shmech poo poo

the basis for comparison was south san francisco, which is 0 miles away from san francisco.

we are not comparing it to, you know, N miles from san francisco financial district

the point is, as with south san francisco, yonkers is a worn-out industrial town that is really close to new york city

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

Specifically, brave is about replacing ads in websites with their own ads. I'm surprised nobody has tried to sue them for copyright infringement or something. Actually I want them to stop it before someone sues them for copyright infringement because that would probably set a bad precedent for ad blockers.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
this just reminded me to install adnauseum in firefox, thanks thread

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Pinterest Mom posted:

https://twitter.com/jack/status/1187430268967231488

thank you jack for giving me access to fractional Berkshire Hathaway shares

"The shoeshine boy just asked me for tips on stock. Sell all my holdings, the greatest fool has been found."

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

is adnauseum better than uBlock somehow?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
berkshire hathaway is an evergreen value investment

i would have expected their example being like, leveraged options trading or something more tech bro-y

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

HappyHippo posted:

"yonkers" is one of my favorite place names ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YfRbNipdOg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Munkeymon posted:

is adnauseum better than uBlock somehow?

ublock is not much better than brave. ublock origin is the good ublock. i'm using adguard for safari now and ublock origin for any firefox installs.