Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Animal tags give rep? I thought they were just tokens for plushes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So apparently I used the 75% off to buy Hildryn last night. An issue I have with this is that I don't have any arcanes, and it seems like Hildryn lives and dies based on her arcanes.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Anora posted:

Best way to max Solaris United is Conservation, You get dumb amounts of rep for basically 3 minutes of staring at the ground.

SU is very likely the easiest open world faction to max because of this. Vallis hunting makes everything else look like molasses.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dr Cheeto posted:

They do not.

The fact that there's no way to break the daily rep cap at all for Cetus and Fortuna is a big part of why those grinds suck.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Mesadoram posted:

So apparently I used the 75% off to buy Hildryn last night. An issue I have with this is that I don't have any arcanes, and it seems like Hildryn lives and dies based on her arcanes.

Nah she's solid without

Kind of in a jam against infested though but they're easy enough usually

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Animal tags don't give rep. What's being referred to is that animal captures give rep at the time of capture, but it's subject to the normal daily cap.

Which is pretty great when still climbing Cetus ranks, because you don't even have to go find conservation points on the Plains of Eidolon. Just run aimlessly around and tranq the random condrocs and kuakas that show up.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 24, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Chip Cheezum put out a fantastic guide on Warframe conservation:

https://twitter.com/LeroyOctopus/status/1186901659567448069

But yeah, if you need SU rep, but not the level up bits, just grab someone to hunt like two of the high rank Kubrodons, they're 8000 rep a pop. You just can't get their tagging stuff until you hit max, or near max.

Edit: Holy poo poo I just got my first Legendary Core.

Anora fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Oct 24, 2019

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Mailer posted:

* Got an Oberon? Go solo some Teralysts with him. His carpet negates the mag procs and Rage/Hunter Adrenaline keeps your energy up. His regen is more than enough for keeping lures up on Terry, where healing isn't that important. After you've soloed a few of these you'll click into when/where to shoot and learn the location of lures. It's a lot easier after that because the other two are the same fight with two more weakpoints and a ton of random damage. I cribbed from this video initially.

Any advice for Trinity in a group? Just collect the lures and keep spamming bless to keep them healed, or is there something else?

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Skyscraper posted:

Any advice for Trinity in a group? Just collect the lures and keep spamming bless to keep them healed, or is there something else?

Put 2 on a floating cube as well for energy, 3 can help locate them as well.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It's largely just spamming bless when appropriate and really getting down a route to pick up lures quickly. If you're just doing one run then most of the pressure is just on keeping the lures alive or grabbing new ones as needed.

Black Griffon posted:

So, it's been nineteen months since I last launched the game, possibly longer since I actually played it, and I am completely overwhelmed by pretty much everything, both old stuff and new. I've got over 300 hours in the game, so some knowledge is surely buried in my mind, but how would you recommend getting back into it when you've gone and done a Jason Bourne?

Depends on where you're at really. At 300 hours from a year and a half ago I assume you still have spoiler mode unlocked. There are a few new quests that are kind of neat, you might want to do a little bit of Cetus and Fortuna stuff if you feel hardy at all, giving you access to zaws and kitguns and spoiler weapon parts. The current Nightwave intermission started very recently and has some good rewards in it, some stuff you definitely missed from the first two nightwaves too. Other than that, quests, planet junctions if you haven't done all that yet, chasing new frames and such.

You're coming back a little too early for all the super rad tennocon stuff to be in yet, but the first iteration of that is probably coming very soon. Next week or two, many thought we were getting the mainline update this week but DE said that's definitely got pushed back at least a little bit.

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010
Silly cat and her balls:

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Alighieri posted:

Put 2 on a floating cube as well for energy, 3 can help locate them as well.

FunkyFjord posted:

It's largely just spamming bless when appropriate and really getting down a route to pick up lures quickly. If you're just doing one run then most of the pressure is just on keeping the lures alive or grabbing new ones as needed.

Got it, thanks!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is there a good companion I should aim for next? I've maxed my dog and I'm close to maxing my sentinel (or whatever that first companion is called). I don't have any other blueprints and I think all the ones on the market cost plat.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Market is weird, if you look at stuff in there you may find they have blueptints for credits. Hit the "blueprint only" option to filter out stuff that can only be plat bought. That said, if you want another animal a smeeta kavat is really good since they have a mod that gives random buffs including a reaource/xp doubler. For sentinels Carrier gives ammo and Helios (from lab) scans things for you

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

ive never cast anything but 4 as trinity for eidolons. any extra time spent in frame casting stuff is time that you are vulnerable to damage and also not charging void strike.

terry: get 2 lures. tell the chroma you are dropping them off at the eidolon and he should grab them (chroma should get 1 lure himself and charge it). help with the first shield. go get 5 more lures. stand away from the eidolon until all 3 of chroma's lures are charged, then get your 5 in there to suck up more voms. you dont really have to bless at all on terry unless something is going terribly wrong.

garry: life is now easy since you have all your lures and havent let any of them die. hit 4 every time the lasers come out.

harry: even easier than garry. hit 4 like every other limb and you will be fine.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

StashAugustine posted:

Market is weird, if you look at stuff in there you may find they have blueptints for credits. Hit the "blueprint only" option to filter out stuff that can only be plat bought.

This is also weird because checking that box hides the weapons that can be bought outright for credits but don't have blueprints

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ytlaya posted:

Is there a good companion I should aim for next? I've maxed my dog and I'm close to maxing my sentinel (or whatever that first companion is called). I don't have any other blueprints and I think all the ones on the market cost plat.

There’s a way to get every non-prime sentinel without spending plat. Most are in the market, Helios and Djinn are in the dojo, and Oxylus is in Fortuna.

Carrier is a sentinel that will help make sure you don’t run out of ammo. Pretty good, big quality of life boost for a number of weapons that have issues with ammo efficiency. The blueprint costs 100k credits on the market.

Helios is a sentinel that will scan enemies for you, adding them to the ship’s codex. Kind of handy when you’re starting out, if you care to work on the codex. Helios is also the only sentinel that can equip the Deconstructor weapon, which is a really effective sentinel weapon that chucks glaives at enemies. 15k from a clan dojo’s energy lab, but the blueprint does require a forma. You’ll get forma from running void fissures, it’s a pretty common reward in a lot of the relics.

Dethcube is the “meta” sentinel due to the Energy Generator precept, available from Cephalon Simaris. It’s kind of pricey and not something I reccomend you work on right now, as Simaris rep is kind of a grind and you should spend what you have on scanner upgrades right now, I’m just including this part because if we’re talking sentinels it’s real dumb not to mention Dethcube. Anyway, the blueprint is on the market for 100k credits.

The other sentinels have some neat stuff going on, but those three are generally considered the best sentinels. Ghost is handy if you’re having trouble with spy missions, as it’ll cloak you when you’re near enemies. Oxylus is handy for fishing but is trapped behind level 5 fortuna rep, which is really something you should not bother with until later, IMO.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Get a Carrier or a Helios. Don't bother trying to bake a kavat yet: you need to build a Kavat Incubator Upgrade Segment, which requires kavat genetic code you have to get by scanning feral kavats, which in turn mostly occur on Orokin Derelict missions you'd need a taxi to visit, outside of one quest you probably haven't done yet. And then after building that you need more genetic code to bake an actual cat.

Besides, you'll want to build a Nutrio Incubator Upgrade Segment (blueprint in the dojo, Tenno Lab) before you mess around too much with cats or dogs. It's just a big convenience to have, especially in the early game, where discounting a big bag of dog food from 75k credits to 5k credits actually really matters.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Would not reccomend trying for kavat scans until you have an upgraded synthesis scanner at the very least. The scan doubler and scan time reducer are critical, as the chance you actually get a kavat genetic code is only 25% and they love to jump around and gently caress up your scan. The scan doubler ends up giving you an additonal 11.25% chance that you’ll get at least one code. The infinite scans upgrade is not critical but it’s extremely nice to have. The other upgrade is not really relevant to kavat scans.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 24, 2019

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Awesome! posted:

ive never cast anything but 4 as trinity for eidolons. any extra time spent in frame casting stuff is time that you are vulnerable to damage and also not charging void strike.

terry: get 2 lures. tell the chroma you are dropping them off at the eidolon and he should grab them (chroma should get 1 lure himself and charge it). help with the first shield. go get 5 more lures. stand away from the eidolon until all 3 of chroma's lures are charged, then get your 5 in there to suck up more voms. you dont really have to bless at all on terry unless something is going terribly wrong.

garry: life is now easy since you have all your lures and havent let any of them die. hit 4 every time the lasers come out.

harry: even easier than garry. hit 4 like every other limb and you will be fine.

Hey, thanks! I feel like I can totally do that!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

prepare your butts for the catchmoon nerf

e: thats a big nerf

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Oct 25, 2019

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Awesome! posted:

prepare your butts for the catchmoon nerf

At least the nerf primarily impacts its falloff - it'll still melt everything, it just has an effective range of muzzle-to-mouth

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Conservation is fun on PoE as you can just zoom around farming vomas/thumpers/wisps/grok/iradite etc depending on time, and shoot at the dozens of condrocs that will spawn in your flight path.

It's just a personal thing, and I know conservation is the best way for SU rep, but I was bouncing off the poop to footprints to mating call bit. I already told myself I wouldn't play Warframe in a way I didn't enjoy, and I don't enjoy that minigame. It's why I won't get ash for a long time too.

Anyway I bought a resource booster and ran exploiter several times last night and have picked up enough loot to trade in 150k worth of standing which by my calculations just sneaks me into rank 5 (midway rank 3 atm). Worth it to skip the grind imo. I'm only missing familial bonds which I'll buy / bounty with time, and time is what it will take as I'm capped by daily standing anyway. Unfortunately I didn't get all 3 Hildryn pieces... Owned by RNG again.

Being chronically low on argon, oxium, neurodes, and cryotic, this should help with that, too. Plan to take advantage of double traces too to get all my relics I want to crack to rad. I guess I should do toroids as well.

Looking at the boosters, I think resource doubler might be the only one 'worth' plat, actually. Credit you get from daily login and can just run index for 3 hours to get all you need until the next booster drop, but resource booster can meaningfully shorten some of the more tedious grind.

Thanks for reading my blog!

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Watching the dev stream, they're giving Ember augments to let her self-heal with Fire Blast and spread her armor power to all allies in Affinity range? Is Support Ember going to be a viable thing now?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

RIP Catchmoon, although it could have been infinitely worse. I love the Titania skin, especially the jiggle physics on the antennas.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Man and I just got a Catchmoon riven with an OK roll. :smith:

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Man and I just got a Catchmoon riven with an OK roll. :smith:

Saaaaaame

Maybe the dispo will go up soon!

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

ElegantFugue posted:

Watching the dev stream, they're giving Ember augments to let her self-heal with Fire Blast and spread her armor power to all allies in Affinity range? Is Support Ember going to be a viable thing now?

Oh man, molten metal bits splattered over friendly warframes would looks extremely cool. Just slap a metallic texture on the Bloodshed Sigil and you're good to go.

In other news, I dropped some plat on fellow goons to gather 10 Arcane Pistoleers, and ffffuuuuuck I love it. Arcane Velocity was already a top-tier arcane for pistol-centric frames, but Pistoleer makes Titania even more absurd - true, she has regenerating ammo, but when you empty a clip you still have to wait for it to refill - 4 seconds of no ammo consumption is a huge DPS boost, especially since it can be refreshed as long as there are targets available. It's made my Dex Furis absolutely beastly, when previously I'd run out of ammo about 2 minutes into a mission.

The only problem is that there's so much competition for awesome secondary arcanes - Arcane Velocity, Awakening, and to a lesser extent Precision.
Mesa synchronizes TOO well with Velocity since her 4 has no reload or even magazine to speak of so there's absolutely no downside, but I think I'll make a Precision/Pistoleer build just so I can spam my Pyrana Prime endlessly.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Mr Newsman posted:

Saaaaaame

Maybe the dispo will go up soon!

Well, the fun thing is that the nerf is a range nerf, and they are adding a weapon exilus that accepts projectile speed, last time I looked, so...

We'll be fine, fine.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Black Griffon posted:

So, it's been nineteen months since I last launched the game, possibly longer since I actually played it, and I am completely overwhelmed by pretty much everything, both old stuff and new. I've got over 300 hours in the game, so some knowledge is surely buried in my mind, but how would you recommend getting back into it when you've gone and done a Jason Bourne?

Like said above, 300 hours could put you in a lot of different places depending if you bee-lined anything. I would work on Fortuna stuff, check out the Jupiter remaster, do any quests you haven't finished, and work on clearing the new modes for Arbitration unlock. I always recommend casually working on waybounds for spoiler mode on the side too.

If you're not concerned about quest spoilers, the headline notes for the past big patches cover everything you've missed in way more detail. Warframe is still warframe tho.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Kuva Kohm will be the best weapon in Warframe

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

FunkyFjord posted:

Depends on where you're at really. At 300 hours from a year and a half ago I assume you still have spoiler mode unlocked. There are a few new quests that are kind of neat, you might want to do a little bit of Cetus and Fortuna stuff if you feel hardy at all, giving you access to zaws and kitguns and spoiler weapon parts. The current Nightwave intermission started very recently and has some good rewards in it, some stuff you definitely missed from the first two nightwaves too. Other than that, quests, planet junctions if you haven't done all that yet, chasing new frames and such.

You're coming back a little too early for all the super rad tennocon stuff to be in yet, but the first iteration of that is probably coming very soon. Next week or two, many thought we were getting the mainline update this week but DE said that's definitely got pushed back at least a little bit.

Spoiler mode?

Also, I assume I've done all junctions if I'm doing void, derelict, lua and kuva poo poo, though I've forgotten how early stuff unlocks.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ElegantFugue posted:

also an augment for one of her skills to have a 15% chance to force an energy drop from an enemy. sounds pretty dope!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

thankfully I've been weaning myself off the catchmoon and been playing around more with the Cyanex and Rattleguts.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Black Griffon posted:

Spoiler mode?

Also, I assume I've done all junctions if I'm doing void, derelict, lua and kuva poo poo, though I've forgotten how early stuff unlocks.

Spoiler mode, anime mode, gremlin mode, the mode you get access after getting in contact with royalty. If you're in kuva, you've necessarily got it, go do whatever quests are available, and when you don't find new ones, go and rest peacefully in the room on the right of your orbiter.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

SIGSEGV posted:

Spoiler mode, anime mode, gremlin mode, the mode you get access after getting in contact with royalty. If you're in kuva, you've necessarily got it, go do whatever quests are available, and when you don't find new ones, go and rest peacefully in the room on the right of your orbiter.

Aaah, shithead mode, badface season, goblin rally, got it.

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

ElegantFugue posted:

it's already pretty much the best way to build her. not that that's saying much

i hope it's dope tho, a powerful support build would be pretty much the one thing that'd give me a reason to dust off my old ember again

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm just now watching the prime time from earlier.

how come no one mentioned in thread that CondO is going from 60% bonus damage to 120%

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

FunkyFjord posted:

I'm just now watching the prime time from earlier.

how come no one mentioned in thread that CondO is going from 60% bonus damage to 120%

Oh right they DID say that.
Even with just a 3 stack limit that's insane, that's gotta be something that'll end up nerfed... right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its better if you are only getting like 1-4 statuses. more than that its a nerf