Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

1glitch0 posted:

edit: Actually, I know a lot of people around here don't like him, but I'd be fine with Chris Hardwick.

I don't mind him as a host, I just hate the whole "let's have a tv show talking about the show you just watched" concept that seems to be his niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Hardwick did fine hosting that NBC game show The Wall which was "what if Plinko, but BIGGER?"

I'm gonna guess that for most people who don't want to see him on TV, his on-camera work isn't the main reason.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah didn't he get half cancelled

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Yeah didn't he get half cancelled

He got canned over supposed sexual abuse charges, but was cleared.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I don't mind him as a host, I just hate the whole "let's have a tv show talking about the show you just watched" concept that seems to be his niche.

I thought he was great on @Midnight. Which was basically a parody of Jeopardy for comedians to ad-lib. Actually when I think about it, he might be a pretty good option.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Mister Kingdom posted:

He got canned over supposed sexual abuse charges, but was cleared.

Cleared by an an investigation funded by his wife's family. The Hearsts.

Yeah, those Hearsts.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

1glitch0 posted:

I thought he was great on @Midnight. Which was basically a parody of Jeopardy for comedians to ad-lib. Actually when I think about it, he might be a pretty good option.

@Midnight was great, Hardwick definitely had a Schtick , but I give credit sometimes to stick to what you are good at.

Unfortunately, there seems to be truth to whatever degree for the abuse claims, and for that I have to say gently caress Chris Hardwick.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I want to punch Daryn.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is there some cultural reference or other reason anyone would have ever heard of Leadville?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I knew it, but I've spent a lot of time around there, so I don't know.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Lewis and Clark?!?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Timby posted:

I want to punch Daryn.

what's wrong with him?

e: also i had no clue on the final jeopardy. that was extremely difficult if you ask me. never heard of that town.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 22, 2019

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

abelwingnut posted:

what's wrong with him?

e: also i had no clue on the final jeopardy. that was extremely difficult if you ask me. never heard of that town.

That clue went over like a lead balloon.

Apparatchik Magnet
Sep 25, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The elevation was a good hint that no one was going to get that one. Are there any American cities with even a six digit population at 10k+ feet? Leadsville doesn't hit five digits.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
What the hell even is this person

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
And how do her eyebrows do that?

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Call me in a couple of days when this show is watchable again I guess????

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Should've given pumpkin there. At least it was people who vaguely know stuff today (except Lewis Caroll for some reason).

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Anthony looks like a shaved Gomez Addams.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm not sure making James the front and center of the advertisements for the Tournament of Champions is a great marketing strategy.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm not sure making James the front and center of the advertisements for the Tournament of Champions is a great marketing strategy.

He was a ratings bonanza.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Am I crazy or has the DD in the first round been on an $800 clue every episode for like a week.

The last two finals seem insanely easy to compensate for a week of stumpers, too.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I知 a day behind. What is up with this schoolgirl outfit on the adult? Is this a sex thing like the tiger guy?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Tournament of Champions day, folks.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

Tournament of Champions day, folks.

Alex made it through taping this tournament, anything else is house money for me. Though like he said, he's contractually obligated to live through next season, so I'll remain hopeful.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Zesty posted:

I知 a day behind. What is up with this schoolgirl outfit on the adult? Is this a sex thing like the tiger guy?

the tiger guy who is BACK THIS WEEK, baby. rawr xd

So excited for ToC

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Alex made it through taping this tournament, anything else is house money for me. Though like he said, he's contractually obligated to live through next season, so I'll remain hopeful.

someone i know is taping next month so I'm selfishly hoping he makes it through there, but yeah. I'm mostly hoping he leaves the job with some time to enjoy life whether that's 6 months or 15 years

Spokes fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 4, 2019

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
By all accounts Alex isn't taping five shows a day anymore and is having a lot of trouble getting through the shorter days. He's fighting through, but it certainly sounds like he's having a rough go of it now.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Was that a way too easy FJ for a tournament game or is the idea that the number given tricks you into disqualifying the obvious correct answer?

Also never thought "name the guy who played Greg" would be one of the hardest Q's they'd ever come up with but drat.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

HookShot posted:

By all accounts Alex isn't taping five shows a day anymore and is having a lot of trouble getting through the shorter days. He's fighting through, but it certainly sounds like he's having a rough go of it now.

He's done really well considering what he's going through. Watching Jeopardy, I'm not even sure I would have realized he was going through cancer treatments if I hadn't already known.

I keep turning it on every evening expecting an announcement that he's going to step down for health reasons, though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HookShot posted:

I've heard the same thing. He's going to have to step down soon and I would bet money there will be an announcement of a new host soon, possibly as soon as at the end of the Tournament of Champions, just because he'll have had at least a few more weeks of shows already taped and we can all cry for a while.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Was that a way too easy FJ for a tournament game or is the idea that the number given tricks you into disqualifying the obvious correct answer?

I think they were trying trick people into guessing the Battle of Thermopylae because of the Sparta thing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I really did not like the "be more specific" prompt for the Guyana response.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Poque posted:

I really did not like the "be more specific" prompt for the Guyana response.

Same!

And yeah FJ felt very easy. Going for a meme from first place instead of throwing a dart at a famous battle is certainly a choice

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Ab, an astromony interpreter. :hmmyes:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Conspiracy theory: they're making the final Jeopardys super easy with the hopes of James being in the lead going into it in tomorrow's game.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

HookShot posted:

Conspiracy theory: they're making the final Jeopardys super easy with the hopes of James being in the lead going into it in tomorrow's game.

I hope James has been training as hard for ToC as he did for his first run. Now that we only have to watch four more episodes of it i'm very excited to see him play again

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HookShot posted:

Well Gee wiz. You think they壇 actually value viewership/ad-dollars over integrity of the show? :ohdear:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HookShot posted:

They absolutely want James to win. He plays tonight? Ugh, I知 gonna watch it, but I値l probably have to try hard not to throw up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Duckman2008 posted:

They absolutely want James to win. He plays tonight? Ugh, I知 gonna watch it, but I値l probably have to try hard not to throw up.

:same:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I don't doubt that the producers would prefer a James victory but rigging a show is a federal crime, they draw the games at random from a pool, the show is independently audited, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I'm sure everything is on the up and up (and it's not like James needs help) but they absolutely have picked specific FJ for their tournaments before.

See: last year's All Star final FJ where it was a play on their 35th anniversary.