Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Anyone care if I reset it this evening? I figure why wait, and I'm assuming we all know the new ins and outs of the new build by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Go for it! I'll log in.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Sounds good, might also jump in now that my SP base got overrun by bloodmoon zombies.. on day 7:
You'd think the bridge and it's metal blocks would hold, but no, zombies chewed through those and crushed me under the rubble :gibs:

[edit] What blocks are the most durable anyway?

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Zombie flesh is the hardest material known to man

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

JointHorse posted:

[edit] What blocks are the most durable anyway?

concrete

metal blocks are a waste of iron, and not very good

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

i'll also jump in if server is being reset tonight

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

The TS in question is gooncave.com

And if we're resetting can we please get an XP boost or 2 sp per lvl. I made it through that poo poo as my first play in years while on vacation and I'm back to work now. Just jesus it takes so long to get anywhere.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

StealthArcher posted:

The TS in question is gooncave.com

And if we're resetting can we please get an XP boost or 2 sp per lvl. I made it through that poo poo as my first play in years while on vacation and I'm back to work now. Just jesus it takes so long to get anywhere.

I think I'd be OK with XP rate set to 125%, but anything more than that would be too much imho.

The current system works well because it forces you to think hard when planning your character, and results in specialization when playing with a group. It also works well in terms of pacing with regards to game stage. On the three SP games I played, I got to level 18-20 around day 16, and cops had just started to appear - so from a balance perspective it works well.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

I think I'd be OK with XP rate set to 125%, but anything more than that would be too much imho.

The current system works well because it forces you to think hard when planning your character, and results in specialization when playing with a group. It also works well in terms of pacing with regards to game stage. On the three SP games I played, I got to level 18-20 around day 16, and cops had just started to appear - so from a balance perspective it works well.

You also want the timer back to 30, so we're probably never going to agree on much.

Compromise: baseline xp, 30 day, 2 sp per level

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
In the process of resetting. The host limits the size of the map to the number of slots, so max we can go is 8192. Arrgh. Looking around for a possible alternative for a few minutes.

Well, let's see how it goes with this size.

Also did bump it up to 125%

PowderKeg fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 22, 2019

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

StealthArcher posted:

You also want the timer back to 30, so we're probably never going to agree on much.

Compromise: baseline xp, 30 day, 2 sp per level

Well, I'd like the game to feel challenging. Most multiplayer 7d2d games I've played have been super easy steamrolls, especially when with a group. In A17 this was because leveling up was way too fast, and loot was abundant. During the last game on powderkeg's server, I had my base across the street from a post office POI, and every time I logged on, I'd basically be able to go loot ~10 wall safes for super good items and resources because a week of in-game time had already passed (sometimes within the span of a single IRL day, because someone had logged on and played during the day).

Anyway, since powderkeg will make the map size larger this time, there may not be a need for a quick loot respawn. I'll wait to hear from the others regarding the exp/skill point rate.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

PowderKeg posted:

In the process of resetting. The host limits the size of the map to the number of slots, so max we can go is 8192. Arrgh. Looking around for a possible alternative for a few minutes.

Well, let's see how it goes with this size.

Also did bump it up to 125%

it takes quite a long time on my fairly beefy machine to generate a 8192 map, btw

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If you swap hosts to get a bigger map, then toss up a donation link on the server.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Can I get the server deets? Just picked this game up this mornin.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

buglord posted:

Can I get the server deets? Just picked this game up this mornin.

64.94.95.162:22854

password lljk

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Eh, Im just not feeling going through the first 20 levels to get back to the point it stopped feeling like a boring slog and was actually fun again.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

StealthArcher posted:

Eh, Im just not feeling going through the first 20 levels to get back to the point it stopped feeling like a boring slog and was actually fun again.
I'm probably going back to playing solo, too, especially now that nomad is so viable. Yeah, it means I can't hide from the 7 Day hordes, but it also means I can tweak whatever I want.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I'm doing a communist base with another person. We've got a forge and I'm cooking. Share and share alike.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I just got food poisoning from grilled meat two times in the same night. You get hungry, you eat, you vomit, you're starving, so you have to eat more, so you get sick again, so you vomit more.

gently caress this, I'm going back to A17.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I noticed a discrepancy. In singleplayer, various actions while stealthed spike your noise level. In multiplayer, they don't.

Sounds like a minor thing, but it completely changes the stealth playstyle in MP, as it just becomes too easy.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

PMush Perfect posted:

I just got food poisoning from grilled meat two times in the same night. You get hungry, you eat, you vomit, you're starving, so you have to eat more, so you get sick again, so you vomit more.

gently caress this, I'm going back to A17.

It sucks at first but just take vitamins before you eat. Since food doesn't affect stamina I only eat at base. I pop a vitamin and eat 5 steaks. Vitamins are everywhere so that's not a big issue.

enraged_camel posted:

I noticed a discrepancy. In singleplayer, various actions while stealthed spike your noise level. In multiplayer, they don't.

I haven't played SP but yeah... I notice that going through a house never alerts zombies until they actually see you. Going over trash piles etc doesn't seem to alert them.

redreader fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 23, 2019

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

redreader posted:

It sucks at first but just take vitamins before you eat. Since food doesn't affect stamina I only eat at base. I pop a vitamin and eat 5 steaks. Vitamins are everywhere so that's not a big issue.
This is absurdly stupid and should not be necessary.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

redreader posted:

Hunger level affects max stamina.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
The chest from the trader’s buried treasure quest gives like 6 can-food if you don’t feel like raiding a food store.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Heh, new patch!

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

quote:

Hey folks!
We released A18 b155 EXP to public !

Here's what changed since b152:
Changed
PerkPenetrator rescaled and extended to archery
Added vitamins to quest item rewards list
Backpacks drop >0 items and more survival type items
Set POI culling to 1 for live build
Improved XP and cash reward on T5 quests
Drawbridge is placed closed now by default
Increased backpack retries when falling out of world
RWG will now default to CPU terrain generation if VRAM is at or below 2048
Melee tuning
Increased animation speed on several melee weapons
House_old_ranch_03 resize optimization 75K tris/verts lost.
Traders do not sell QL6 weapons
Destroyed workstations now have a 25% chance to contain that workstations crafting schematic.

Fixed
Incorrect graze swing angle on some items
Wrong icons on hubcaps
Archery mentions wooden bow unlock, but not iron crossbow
BookBatterUpConditioning not in loot list
You can throw a spear at 0 stamina
Harvest mods like wood splitter can negate harvest XP
Bleeding effect on barbed wire mod not working
Dedicated servers using large amounts CPU when idle
In serverconfig disabled network protocols still started on dedi servers
When a player dies in the middle of a BM the BM zombies stop spawning
Blood moon zombies being fixated on a single player causing toggling between a better target
Adjusted colliders of bridges to minimize vehicle damage.
Reflex sight on a double barrel shotgun looks bad
Inability to harvest sandbag single 05.
Client NRE on server join when another player hits rally marker.
NRE caused by player in two parties at the same time.
No harvest on decoLargePetCage
Monitor's LoD shows it a block behind
Mod and dye dupe
Upside down portraits in house_old_pyramid_03
Light not emitting light in fire_station_02
Dead space beneath bus_stop_01
Remnant_business_1 listed in rwgmixer. Confirmed that all other listed prefabs exist.
XP bonus from buffs/items does not provide the stated bonus for kill/quest XP.
Typo/oversight in the Run & Gun perk description level 1
Advance door rotations allow for player clipping exploits
ModGunMeleeTheHunter recipe can not be unlocked
Missing stat display on college jacket
Mining helmet does not craft at correct quality level
Master Chef and the cooking pot crafting speed bonus do not play nice

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I really appreciate the rapidity at which they're updating this build. However, being the whiner I am, it makes me want to hold off on playing my SP map until mods aren't finding errors so frequently.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Are you updating the server, powderkeg?

(my patch download is taking a while)

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Once you've got the skills bought and the actual parts made, what stat determines how 'good' your bikes etc are? I'm about to craft a bike and I'm pretty close to getting another skill point. Would it be 'intellect' or 'grease monkey'? I already have grease monkey at 'make a bike' level. What do I put the point in, to make the bike better/faster?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

redreader posted:

Once you've got the skills bought and the actual parts made, what stat determines how 'good' your bikes etc are? I'm about to craft a bike and I'm pretty close to getting another skill point. Would it be 'intellect' or 'grease monkey'? I already have grease monkey at 'make a bike' level. What do I put the point in, to make the bike better/faster?

Vehicles have no quality difference, and A18 even removed the quality # from them. All bikes are the same, all motorcycles are the same, etc. So when making a vehicle that isn’t a bicycle you should use the lowest quality battery.

Edit: Pretty sure vehicles worked the same way in A17 as well. A16 when we only had the mini bike is when parts actually mattered.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

quote:

When a player dies in the middle of a BM the BM zombies stop spawning

Hate it when zombies keep interrupting my BM.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003
Patching now..

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Guess I'll jump on to wind my way up the levels.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Trying out MP for the first time ever on this game, lol. Don't think I'm gonna bother with teamspeak though since I don't have it installed.

Please don't shoot if you see me. :v:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Please don't shoot if you see me. :v:

no promises

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I found a shoe that give 20% speed and a jacket that gives another 10%. It’s a shame to sell them, so I left them in an unlocked box in front of a trader poi.

You probably can run as fast as a bike with those on. :v:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Finally built a gyrocopter. The thing is difficult to control, but once you're in the air it's totally worth it, especially with this new random world generator that puts hills and mountains everywhere.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

A18 Stable Released.

https://7daystodie.com/a18-official-release-notes/

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Just a note, if you loot something and see something useless and just leave it there, then that stays in the box/container forever. If you take it out and throw it away, the container will reset in 7/30/whatever days.

I found a lot of coffins with useless crap in them a day or two ago that had been looted, and a reinforced box with one leather hood in it. Don't leave stuff in there! chuck it away! Whoever has their base in a funeral home, you know who you are!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

No? It will reset three seconds after you toss it out if it passed a reset period.