Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s good on the radio and can tell a decent story

So that’s a plus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I would just be happy to never hear him say the word "pussy" again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s basically professional wack pack

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Lifespan posted:

I would just be happy to never hear him say the word "pussy" again.

You don't find it steamy?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I didn't have Sirius from like 2010 to late 2016 (that last thing I remember from that time was Artie's suicide attempt), but when I came back (new car) I was like what the hell is Brent Hatley doing on the Howard Stern show? Of course when I last listened he was still on BTLS with Spiceboy and Manson. Can someone fill me in how Brent ended up leaving BTLS and landing at on the Stern show?

Just for the hell of it my take is Brent is not lying, but he might of paid for that Saturday night with either money or drugs. I also believe it is possible Chris told the girl to lie, because it would make a great bit. He even talks about how he saved the segment.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

He was Bubba's producer from back when BTLS was popular in Tampa in the 90s. He literally was Bubba's little henchman who gave Bubba lots of "Internet Lawyer" type of advice. When Bubba was off the air and running for Sherrif, Bret did a lot to run the campaign. He's former military and did some time in the Gulf (I think?) which is where the PTSD comes from. He's a major kiss rear end. He tried to get into MMA but lasted a whole 30 seconds on his first match.

He's easy to rile up and is horrible with comebacks which makes him even more frustrated. This is basically what happened during the famous drunken meltdown on air years ago.

My favorite Brent thing was when Howard was thrilled at how organized he was and how helpful he was for Bubba, and he kept talking about how great Brent was and he could replace Baba Booey in a heartbeat. It drove monkey-boy nuts. :D

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Howard hired Brent directly

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sand Monster posted:

You don't find it steamy?

Super steamy

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

euphronius posted:

Howard hired Brent directly

I get that, but did Brent get fired from Bubba or did Howard poach him?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nate fisher posted:

Brent just said it on the air this week but I don’t remember clearly

I think it was after some btls debacle when they were thrown off the air in Tampa ?? and Brent was blackballed from terrestrial radio . Howard swooped in and brought him to Sirius

I’m not a btls fan so I’m not sure on specifics

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

euphronius posted:

Brent just said it on the air this week but I don’t remember clearly

I think it was after some btls debacle when they were thrown off the air in Tampa ?? and Brent was blackballed from terrestrial radio . Howard swooped in and brought him to Sirius

I’m not a btls fan so I’m not sure on specifics

Roger I am still listening to Monday's episode on the app. I just heard Ronnie talk about Brent going to the bathroom over and over. Of course my thought with the coke rumors, he was powering his nose.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

nate fisher posted:

I thought he left Bubba to go work for the author Neil Strauss. Then left that, bounced around to a few FM stations, and eventually ended up on Howard's show.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

musclecoder posted:

I thought he left Bubba to go work for the author Neil Strauss.

What? :confused:

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

Bonzo posted:

I seem to remember it was either said or heavily hinted that Brent went outside to snort coke with Artie and Bubba's wedding reception.

Yeah Bubba said this outright on his show, it was noteworthy because at the time Artie was still in the "yeah I was on heroin for a bit but I swear I've never done coke since MadTv" phase.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

nate fisher posted:

I didn't have Sirius from like 2010 to late 2016 (that last thing I remember from that time was Artie's suicide attempt), but when I came back (new car) I was like what the hell is Brent Hatley doing on the Howard Stern show? Of course when I last listened he was still on BTLS with Spiceboy and Manson. Can someone fill me in how Brent ended up leaving BTLS and landing at on the Stern show?

Just for the hell of it my take is Brent is not lying, but he might of paid for that Saturday night with either money or drugs. I also believe it is possible Chris told the girl to lie, because it would make a great bit. He even talks about how he saved the segment.

musclecoder posted:

I thought he left Bubba to go work for the author Neil Strauss. Then left that, bounced around to a few FM stations, and eventually ended up on Howard's show.

He left Bubba's show 7 or 8 years ago? He was also out on the west coast producing some daytime talk show by a female celebrity whose name I cannot think of right now.

After the Hogan sex tape and getting divorced, Bubba more or less lost his drat mind and I think Brent leaving was mutual.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

nate fisher posted:

I've been listening to the show obsessively since 2005 and even I have no clue how or when Brent ended up on the show. It seems like he was just there one day. I don't recall any backstory ever being explained or anything, and I'm a guy that can tell you the name of Mark the Bagger's cologne (it's Bagger No. 7).

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

kolby posted:

This thread kinda recycles itself every 20 pages so you're good.

It was a recording of some random chick from Scores.

Ah, thanks.

Also, I listened to the entire Scott Salem pushup saga yesterday, and holy poo poo I've never laughed so hard in my life.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

Also, I listened to the entire Scott Salem pushup saga yesterday, and holy poo poo I've never laughed so hard in my life.

This was basically my introduction to the show. I started as a regular listener right when it was starting up. His meltdown against Gange is one of my top five, maybe top three show moments of all-time.

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?
OUTTA HERE

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Sand Monster posted:

This was basically my introduction to the show. I started as a regular listener right when it was starting up. His meltdown against Gange is one of my top five, maybe top three show moments of all-time.

The thing is, I'd ONLY seen the meltdown -- I didn't see the whole buildup of everything. The pushup bet, the guy counting the pushups, the weight loss, etc.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Bonzo posted:

He left Bubba's show 7 or 8 years ago? He was also out on the west coast producing some daytime talk show by a female celebrity whose name I cannot think of right now.

Marilu Henner

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
It’s criminal that Scott got paid. Whatever the hell he was doing wasn’t even close to a push up. He should have been on the street naked. Everyone caved. Still some of the best radio I’ve ever heard.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
They got threatened. "You better pay off!" (whoooooaaaa)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Radu was training Scott like he was gonna fight Ivan Drago instead of doing some EXTREMELY light exercising.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
That "Cosby calling a pharmacist" call is too obvious, but I can't stop laughing at the line "And then I can take my robe off and drag my nuts across her face!"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I only just finished hearing the whole "Brent did/didn't bone that girl" saga, after getting bits and pieces over the week, but I've been reading this thread and the comments about it.

So whats the general consensus? Brent *probably* boned her, but someone possibly encouraged her to say she didn't so he's telling the truth about that, but because she is allegedly a prostitute, he's lying about "picking her up"?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Based on Robin saying "you have no honor" repeatedly after seeing his texts, my assumption is she said she would do it as long as he didn't talk about it. Brent doing coke is another interesting topic, but I don't think it is related to this.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Is it just me, or does everyone want to kick Memet in the face when he speaks (usually with sarcasm, and over other people talking)?
I don't know what it is, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Kragger99 posted:

Is it just me, or does everyone want to kick Memet in the face when he speaks (usually with sarcasm, and over other people talking)?
I don't know what it is, but it just rubs me the wrong way.
Quoting myself since I think its relevant to your post:

wesleywillis posted:

Just saw this on Imgur:

I present to you MEME-et

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Memet's and Steve's appearances do not reflect their voices or personalities.

Memet is handsome yet super whiny and douchey. Steve looks like a kid but he's funny and talented.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

wesleywillis posted:

Quoting myself since I think its relevant to your post:

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

No comments about the germiest staffer bit? JD had black mold growing at his desk, Gary had some bacteria so rare that the lab had never heard of it, and Richard had more fecal bacteria on his hands than in his rear end in a top hat.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

All of that sounds about right.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

The thing about Gary was completely trumped up for the air: they found a bacteria on his desk, one that is often present in the environment. It says basically nothing about his personal hygiene.

The only gross person was Richard, really. No surprise there.

Also, Quivers has been on fire all month. She's only funny when she's mean!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Former Human posted:

No comments about the germiest staffer bit? JD had black mold growing at his desk, Gary had some bacteria so rare that the lab had never heard of it, and Richard had more fecal bacteria on his hands than in his rear end in a top hat.

They do say eating rear end is cleaner than shaking hands.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Squashy Nipples posted:

The thing about Gary was completely trumped up for the air: they found a bacteria on his desk, one that is often present in the environment. It says basically nothing about his personal hygiene.

The only gross person was Richard, really. No surprise there.

Also, Quivers has been on fire all month. She's only funny when she's mean!

They tried to act like the Gary thing was a big deal, but once they talked to the doctor it was obvious that it was overblown.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Former Human posted:

lmbo

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Somewhere today High Pitch Mike is doing the Thriller Dance

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I can’t believe Ronnie couldnt draw a clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

AxeManiac posted:

They do say eating rear end is cleaner than shaking hands.

Yeah, but you should never eat rear end with your hands.