Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Celexi posted:

I remember the flight simulator patch that removed the twin towers so people would stop flying into them

too little too late IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
What I'm seeing here is that Microsoft are the ones who took down the twin towers.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
PC game pass says my sub is expiring soon, do i have to manually renew or will it happen automatically

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

PC game pass says my sub is expiring soon, do i have to manually renew or will it happen automatically

Should be auto if your cc info is on the account

You can log on and check if the auto switch is toggled

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Real hurthling! posted:

Should be auto if your cc info is on the account

You can log on and check if the auto switch is toggled

Yea, its set to renew on the 7th. It must be a generic renew message or something.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
:siren:

https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass/status/1186706518332317697

quote:

October 23
Lonely Mountains: Downhill (Xbox Play Anywhere)
Secret Neighbor

October 24
Minit

October 25
The Outer Worlds (Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC)

October 29
Afterparty

October 31
LEGO Star Wars III

November 7
Subnautica

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The Outer Worlds going on Game Pass is pretty tasty

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It looks incredible if you're a fan of the non-bad Fallout games. I'm getting hyped.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

American McGay posted:

It looks incredible if you're a fan of the non-bad Fallout games. I'm getting hyped.

Reviews are pretty great all around.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Honestly incredible they’re giving this game away practically for free after putting so much work into it. I’ve watched a few streams and it’s looking amazing. Loads of fun, good voice acting and sfx, great visuals. All sorts of character building. You could get lost for a long time in it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Also kind of excited for after party. Only read reviews of oxenfree, but this one looks more my jam.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

My 10 year old loved Oxenfree!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oxenfree is a very good spooky story book of a game

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'll have to check it out. I only had access to it on switch, and didn't grab it because of performance issues.

It's on gamepass, copped

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 24, 2019

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Blind Rasputin posted:

Honestly incredible they’re giving this game away practically for free after putting so much work into it. I’ve watched a few streams and it’s looking amazing. Loads of fun, good voice acting and sfx, great visuals. All sorts of character building. You could get lost for a long time in it.

I'm sure Microsoft paid them a poo poo ton of money for their trouble.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

I'm sure Microsoft paid them a poo poo ton of money for their trouble.

Yeah they're spraying 2k with a firehose jet of dollas

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

2k? Ms bought obsidian, and probably made a deal with the publisher, private division, when signing for all this

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bushisms.txt posted:

2k? Ms bought obsidian, and probably made a deal with the publisher, private division, when signing for all this

Private division is a subsidiary of 2k, who maintains publishing rights to the game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Big publishers all are launching "indie" labels now

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Interesting, are there any others like that? I know it probably just used to separate types of games, EA does similar but still under the EA umbrella (BIG etc), it also sounds like a way to mask publisher's identities as boycotts over certain issues become the norm.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Got a 14 days of XBox Ultimate pass if someone wants it.

https://tacobellxboxappoffer.com/?p=RHC9PNLCFB6K

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Philthy posted:

"This code has already been redeemed. Get more info"

rip.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Philthy posted:

That was me, thanks! Now i can avoid taco bell, so double thanks!

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

graventy posted:

That was me, thanks! Now i can avoid taco bell, so double thanks!

I went to Taco Bell to get a code today but didn’t realize it required ordering online/via the app, oops. Oh well, I appreciate the opportunity to have trash for lunch.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Probably more about not providing benefits

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
Enjoying the outer worlds so far!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Celexi posted:

Enjoying the outer worlds so far!

just got fully downloaded here but its bed time. cursed again. tomorrow im due fun with interest

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've installed Outer Worlds, but it refuses to switch the button from install to play. I think preloading last night messed something up. It's supposed to unlock at 12am according to MS's offical annoucement.

I feel like they're using Outer Worlds to get people to sign up for game pass on PC.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

New CoD looks pretty loving spiffy with its new engine on X.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So looks like yea, preloading it didn't work and i had to mess around with the windowspp folder and manually remove the preload and now its downloading again. Though slowly, very, very slowly.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't even know if I preloaded it. I downloaded the 10MB thing when it went up on pc gamepass. Maybe it downloaded the game when I was at school, but when I got home I was able to just launch it.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like they're using Outer Worlds to get people to sign up for game pass on PC.
It is loving tempting to update Win10 just for that game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I've installed Outer Worlds, but it refuses to switch the button from install to play. I think preloading last night messed something up. It's supposed to unlock at 12am according to MS's offical annoucement.

They... are? Like thats the point; give you good games you want. Thats the whole point!

I think it really speaks to how deep a hole microsoft dug this generation that gamepass gets a side eye and people assuming it sucks more than it does (games disappear quickly/no first party/requires gold)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I like owning my games and not having to play it before it goes away. Oh and not having to pay monthly for the privilege.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can still buy games that you want to own. Personally I play way more games now that I have Game Pass. I play them for a couple weeks and I have a blast and then I move on.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Something I've not been able to figure out.

Is it possible for someone to use their ultimate game pass for someone to play on PC while you play another game simultaneously on console?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

American McGay posted:

You can still buy games that you want to own. Personally I play way more games now that I have Game Pass. I play them for a couple weeks and I have a blast and then I move on.

Yeah there's some stuff that'll stay on game pass forever and most stuff stays on up to a year.

And then when the game is $10 on a sale two years later, that's when you buy a copy.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RBX posted:

I like owning my games and not having to play it before it goes away. Oh and not having to pay monthly for the privilege.

Then... do that? You know you can just buy the game if you want right? But for those of us that like to try games out, or don't care about permanent ownership of games we know are one-off plays, then PC GamePass + Xbox GamePass + Xbox Live for 3 straight years at $151 is an absolute deal you do not pass up.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

RBX posted:

Buy them then, dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

So apparently Modern Warfare is very buggy on Xbox at the moment.