Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
A beermosa is just a brass monkey. Change my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

With a soda stream and a fleischmann's packet, anything can become beer

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Control Volume posted:

With a soda stream and a fleischmann's packet, anything can become beer

walks up with jar of prego if this can become beer then i can become God

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hire a can artist and name it "it takes chelada nerve"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Clam Chowder Gose?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Control Volume posted:

Hire a can artist and name it "it takes chelada nerve"

:yeshaha:

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So are you guys talking about a brewery that just adds flavorings to other people's beer and resells it? I'm fuckin baffled

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

shovelbum posted:

So are you guys talking about a brewery that just adds flavorings to other people's beer and resells it? I'm fuckin baffled

Yes and we have no one to blame except ourselves

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

shovelbum posted:

That is correct. And so am I, friend.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Imma mix brut ipa with half pbr and ca it P.Brut R us and sell it for $8 a pint

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Snack Bitch posted:

Yes and we have no one to blame except ourselves

i've been raising the issue for while

everyone in Richmond knows and i'm sure that a lot of the shitlords who trade/mule this stuff do, too, but it doesn't matter; when backed into a corner, they always resort to "well, it tastes good!" i'm sure the glory of getting one named after you has some appeal, too, but it's the glassware thing that really puts them over the top... and if you didn't know about that, they sell glasses featuring copyright-infringing images of video game characters that people now camp out to purchase. why? inexplicably high prices on the secondary market, of course; one adult even offered $2500 bucks for a loving glass with Megaman on it. like, you could hire someone to copy the design and send it to a custom glassware company for far less. it makes no sense.

even worse, i found out that there's a facebook group wherein members pour beer into glasses that are balanced on their dogs' heads and i guess the more valuable the glass the more cool you are.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Those types of beer drinkers arent deserving of such good boys

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
What the heck. I'm gonna retreat to Trappist beers forever now

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Bell's Blackbeard's Bear Hug is an El Catador Lite beer, which is perfectly okay with me. The rum is really heavy on the nose. The cinnamon is prominent on the palate. But most notable is the sheer amount of sediment that poured out. I'm not even to the bottom of the bottle and it is coating the glass. I think it's yeast? But holy poo poo this looks weird.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
What are the current must sees in Anaheim and Torrance? Noble, Bottle Logic, Brewery X on the list for Anaheim and Monkish and Smog City in Torrance.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

funkybottoms posted:

i've been raising the issue for while

everyone in Richmond knows and i'm sure that a lot of the shitlords who trade/mule this stuff do, too, but it doesn't matter; when backed into a corner, they always resort to "well, it tastes good!" i'm sure the glory of getting one named after you has some appeal, too, but it's the glassware thing that really puts them over the top... and if you didn't know about that, they sell glasses featuring copyright-infringing images of video game characters that people now camp out to purchase. why? inexplicably high prices on the secondary market, of course; one adult even offered $2500 bucks for a loving glass with Megaman on it. like, you could hire someone to copy the design and send it to a custom glassware company for far less. it makes no sense.

even worse, i found out that there's a facebook group wherein members pour beer into glasses that are balanced on their dogs' heads and i guess the more valuable the glass the more cool you are.

wait, oh my god. I kinda brushed over the previous posts about them because it was like a world salad of beer bullshit...but I just actually heard about the megaman glassware place and their resale prices. That is loving bananas and what the gently caress is wrong with people (repeat for almost everything in the US right now)? I can't even believe that poo poo and I'm the rear end in a top hat that just got back from Seattle and domed endless Holy Mountain, Freemont, Floodland, etc tapes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Was hoping to be wowed but River Roost's Illusionati stout was just good. Roasty with a bit of coffee on the nose. One of those beers that you wouldn't refuse if that's what's on offer but you also wouldn't really seek out.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

ChiTownEddie posted:

just got back from Seattle and domed endless Holy Mountain, Freemont, Floodland, etc tapes.

Highlights? I'm going to be there in Feb! Read Floodland's faq and I dig how their approach resembles Plan Bee or the early days of Ale Apothecary, ha

So far I'm thinking I'll hit the following in a single day, would dig it if locals chime in if this route makes sense - picture this route going clockwise on a map, I'm doing this order because of opening times early to later: Fremont, Cloudburst, Holy Mountain, Urban Family.

Wrap things up in the afternoon at that densely packed brewery area of Ballard: Reubens, Stoup, Lucky Envelope, Populuxe

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

shovelbum posted:

What the heck. I'm gonna retreat to Trappist beers forever now

This isn't a bad move regardless.

Control Volume posted:

Nobody is deserving of such good puppers and doggos, but these fuckos are especially bad.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

ChiTownEddie posted:

it was like a world salad of beer bullshit

lol, thanks. good thread title, though.

Control Volume posted:

let's just say i hope the fail videos involve injuries to the humans at the hands of the dogs.

VVV Dutch tulips is a decent analogy

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Oct 25, 2019

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

ChiTownEddie posted:

wait, oh my god. I kinda brushed over the previous posts about them because it was like a world salad of beer bullshit...but I just actually heard about the megaman glassware place and their resale prices. That is loving bananas and what the gently caress is wrong with people (repeat for almost everything in the US right now)? I can't even believe that poo poo and I'm the rear end in a top hat that just got back from Seattle and domed endless Holy Mountain, Freemont, Floodland, etc tapes.

Dutch Tulips

I read some articles and their facebook - that poo poo is bananas.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
brb taking out a loan to open a brewery where we will only serve in vintage 70s Looney Tunes glasses from Hardees.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Scarf posted:

brb taking out a loan to open a brewery where we will only serve in vintage 70s Looney Tunes glasses from Hardees.

how many cases of your franken berry berliner weisse can i reserve?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Scarf posted:

iso

Edit:
Founders closed their Detroit taproom indefinitely and cancelled today's ticketed CBS event in Detroit at 6am this morning via email.

Detroit Free Press article

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 25, 2019

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Hauki posted:

how many cases of your franken berry berliner weisse can i reserve?

It's still in the barrels for another 3-5 years. In the meantime can I interest you in a traditional Dampfbier? And by traditional, I mean it's been blended with leftover milk from countless bowls of Cookie Crisp.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Nth Doctor posted:

iso

Edit:
Founders closed their Detroit taproom indefinitely and cancelled today's ticketed CBS event in Detroit at 6am this morning via email.

The entitlement in the facebook thread is :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/foundersdetroit/posts/406465263351794

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Scarf posted:

dude, have you not been paying attention? make your own.

lol

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

New thread title incoming

lol indeed.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
https://piecechicago.checkfront.com/reserve/?item_id=4

This may not be the best beer thing in history but all you can eat Piece pizza while sipping some good beers is a great deal.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Scarf posted:

there's a brewery in Denver called Grandma's House that pretty much just does this. it's a pretty cool place

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Bard Maddox posted:

there's a brewery in Denver called Grandma's House that pretty much just does this. it's a pretty cool place

I'll have to make my way over there at some point. I'm pretty ignorant of good breweries in South Denver

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bard Maddox posted:

Does it smell like mothballs, play Fox news all day, and have the bartenders ask me why I haven't married yet that girl from Safeway is cute here let me ask her about you this Sunday after church she's so sweet

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

Does it smell like mothballs, play Fox news all day, and have the bartenders ask me why I haven't married yet that girl from Safeway is cute here let me ask her about you this Sunday after church she's so sweet

luckily, no

mostly dsa folks hanging around shooting the poo poo and playing boardgames on garage sale furniture from the 70s

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Hauki posted:

mostly dsa folks hanging around shooting the poo poo and playing boardgames on garage sale furniture from the 70s

Not gonna lie: my gram's casual racism seems more interesting than this.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

I'm heading to Orlando for a conference in a couple of weeks. Any good breweries I should check around there and/or Kennedy Space Center?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nth Doctor posted:

iso

Edit:

Haha gently caress EM!

I like to balance dog treats on my dogs head but she just eats them before I can stack more. 11/10 very dumb dog Love her V much 4 evers.

I'mma treat myself and go on a mission to find some BA garbage. Local tap house has a decent selection from what I've seen. Will report back. I will not come back with PBR. Scouts honor.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm heading to Orlando for a conference in a couple of weeks. Any good breweries I should check around there and/or Kennedy Space Center?

Buy a ticket for Universal Studios just so you can go to the Duff Brewery...

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Bard Maddox posted:

Well I guess I need to do a trip report in the near future

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Control Volume posted:

Well I guess I need to do a trip report in the near future

Please let me know if they slap you for not using a coaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The bartenders will also want to know if you've already eaten, you look so skinny lately. They've been working you too hard at that job, I should walk down there and talk to that manager who's always giving you problems. You know, his mother goes to my church and she's a real see you next tuesday, so the crabapple doesn't fall too far from that tree