Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

The vampires could be in this very room! They could be you! They could be me! They could even be- :drac:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can’t believe we’re getting vampires in this. It’s completely putting me off from the grounded world Zach has spent years building.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I loving CALLED IT

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I can’t believe we’re getting vampires in this. It’s completely putting me off from the grounded world Zach has spent years building.

You mean the years of worldbuilding a Cousinhood of Man that's interested in Mayview because they think it contains half-human monsters they are sworn to destroy?

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I hope that as the ludicrous supernatural events in this comic continue to unfold, Stephen continues to miraculously miss out on witnessing them until his fringe conspiracy theories are just common knowledge to everyone else

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there will be adequate little green men in due time

e:

Fecha posted:

I hope that as the ludicrous supernatural events in this comic continue to unfold, Stephen continues to miraculously miss out on witnessing them until his fringe conspiracy theories are just common knowledge to everyone else

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 25, 2019

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does this mean the werewolf Garcia theories were also true??

I know we’ve seen him seen drinking oj and is like a secret spectral or whatever

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Scrap Dragon posted:

Does this mean the werewolf Garcia theories were also true??

I know we’ve seen him seen drinking oj and is like a secret spectral or whatever

I don't think he's a spectral. I also feel like the "diet high in citrus" thing was a throwaway joke. He's probably a werewolf, though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i figured garcia isnt a spectral but is trying to be because its tiresome being blind to his boyfriend's world

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tollymain posted:

i figured garcia isnt a spectral but is trying to be because its tiresome being blind to his boyfriend's world

That's actually probably spot on.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao they're gonna just straight up eat Ritz. Amazing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Podima posted:

Ritz is gonna Tiger Drop the both of them

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I also feel like the "diet high in citrus" thing was a throwaway joke.

I don't think "throwaway jokes" exist in this comic.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Paranatural: Oops! All Vampires! Edition.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Garcia definitely has *some* kind of power considering how his interaction with Issac played out http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-199 http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-200

Unlike the other wind blast (which just brushed off him like uhhhh wind) and the electricity (which he just defused with orange juice) this one he actively bounces back

Falstaff posted:

also yeah after the death cult went from "kooky max dad theory" to "oh this actually exists" i believe in the OJ connection

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

You know, I'm beginning to warm up to the Cousinhood right about now because there's clearly a vampiric infestation going on here.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

heh

thralls

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Patware posted:

heh

thralls

you mean ghouls?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

heh
heh
heh

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Brought To You By posted:

You know, I'm beginning to warm up to the Cousinhood right about now because there's clearly a vampiric infestation going on here.

Yeah if they actually murder and eat/drink Ritz (I doubt they will, it would be a jarring tone shift for this comic), the Cousinhood is 100% justified in barging their way into town. Hell, BL even mentions that they're looking for "their dwindling prey," which implies they're good at their jobs.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Podima posted:

Eat the Ritz!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah if they actually murder and eat/drink Ritz (I doubt they will, it would be a jarring tone shift for this comic), the Cousinhood is 100% justified in barging their way into town. Hell, BL even mentions that they're looking for "their dwindling prey," which implies they're good at their jobs.

I just look at it as the difference between the cops clearly enjoying the whole experience of being fed on, and Ritz getting jumped under the bridge. Granted Ritz might come out of this enjoying the whole experience I feel like Mayfield really does need someone to root out this problem.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Falstaff posted:

They definitely do, but they always come back. Boomerang jokes.

I know the industry term is brick joke shut up

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yeah but Gage said he doesn't want a human friend. The cops are thralls, I'm pretty sure, and Gage said they're not supposed to make those. But they just revealed that they're vampires to Ritz, and obviously she can't just walk away with that knowledge unless she is compelled to be friends with them. So they're going to try to kill her.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

it's not dark as long as she comes back as a ghost and fuses with a spectral

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ghosts can't do that. Ghosts are, as Isabelle put it, boring.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Yeah ghosts get the short end of the stick when it comes to that.

This makes sense since Cody's dad is the big honcho that he would have minions. (apart from the stripper cops)

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Patware posted:

heh

thralls

Ed Thralls

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Cup Runneth Over posted:

obviously she can't just walk away with that knowledge

With that bright sunlight she can.

She just needs to get out from under the shadow of the bridge.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

xcheopis posted:

Ed Thralls
Ed Thralls

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cat Mattress posted:

With that bright sunlight she can.

She just needs to get out from under the shadow of the bridge.

Hahahha that's why they've been playing bridge trolls. I totally spaced on it

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah but Gage said he doesn't want a human friend. The cops are thralls, I'm pretty sure, and Gage said they're not supposed to make those. But they just revealed that they're vampires to Ritz, and obviously she can't just walk away with that knowledge unless she is compelled to be friends with them. So they're going to try to kill her.
There is a middle ground that involves locking people up in basements and using them as a blood farm. But I like the "Ritz escapes" option because it sidesteps killing a character.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, Paranatural would never kill characters.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Eightfold isn't dead and Hijack got an entire chapter dedicated to him before he (probably) died (off-screen). Paranatural just isn't the kind of comic so far where characters get introduced and then get got so wantonly and brutally. The fact you can only cite two as having "died" is kinda evidence of that :v:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Eightfold lives! Allegedly a life worse than death, what with being trapped in solid rock underground at no clear location.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Eightfold isn't dead and Hijack got an entire chapter dedicated to him before he (probably) died (off-screen). Paranatural just isn't the kind of comic so far where characters get introduced and then get got so wantonly and brutally. The fact you can only cite two as having "died" is kinda evidence of that :v:

In what way did Hijack not die on screen? Literally he's been chopped in half on that very linked page.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

He's a spirit, dude. Eightfold got chopped in half at the start of chapter 4 and was just fine. So did Forge.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That doesn't mean he's dead. If you don't see a corpse then they're still alive.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I really have to eat my words, I sincerely thought Zack had lost the plot for like the first 25 pages of this chapter and that the comic was going to go way off the rails. But this ties into the main story perfectly and the chapter is wrapping up in a very Paranatural way as well.

Too bad about that wrist.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I swear to God in Heaven that Hijack is going to show up in a Wiimote + Nunchuk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Patware posted:

I swear to God in Heaven that Hijack is going to show up in a Wiimote + Nunchuk

This is one of my main theories too, the other one (which is potentially compatible with it) being that he's now two spirits with related but different personalities, neither of them quite matching the original Hijack either, because "right-brain left-brain" and all that.