Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

BalloonFish posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1187986970762457089?s=19

Whole lotta crabs in this bucket.

"Jeremy, you're a wanker for suggesting that McDonalds workers should be paid more than nurses!!!"

"£15/hr! That's more than I make in my managerial position and I've got a degree and 10 years in post! Labour need to live in the real world'"

"£15 for flipping burgers? What, I suppose I'll go get a job at McDonald's and start making real money [row of crying-with-laughter smilies]"

"So the serving staff will be earning more than the junior managers? How does that make sense JEREMY!? You really don't understand economics do you? lol"

Just depressing how so many people have been primed to oppose things that would make their lives better...

Me: fucken burger flippers shouldn’t make more than a nurse!!! £15/hr lol what are McDs made out of money or what get outta here you don’t understand economics JERMY

Also me: this man who inherited a multibillion fortune simply by plopping out of the right uterus completely deserves to make a million pounds an hour simply by existing and we shouldn’t tax them or they’ll stop working hard to create jobs!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Looking at the replied, it's funny how you can track in seconds the moment from someone mentioning unionising until someone screams "BUT THE BINS IN THE 70S"

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

*Unless you're a well-connected failson.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
But if they pay macdolans more than nurses then everyone will stop being nurses and start flipping bergers unless they pay nurses more. Why do these untitled kids want nurses to have a bagaining chip to get paid more?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Look if you don't want to pay the market rate set by our labour cartel then maybe your burger business just isn't sustainable that's the free market m8

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Sanitary Naptime posted:

The EU doesn’t want no deal at all because of how hard it’ll gently caress Ireland so they’ll grant an extension either way before or on the 31st October, and right now the easiest one to give us is the 31st Jam because of the Benn act.

Is this where Jeremy declares himself Caesar Imperator and starts naming months after himself?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

bump_fn posted:

no

it wonrt let me check into my return flight because i dont have a flight out of the uk afterwards

i assume this is cause i have a us passport

When you say 'it' do you mean the computer?

Happens also to British friends who live in Country X where the return leg of the journey IS to Country X and they live there. Normally no problem at Heathrow but they sometimes get into arguments at smaller UK airports.

You'll probably have to check in at the airport and have a discussion with the check-in clerks.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is this where Jeremy declares himself Caesar Imperator and starts naming months after himself?

Jeremy Corbyn
Jermus Corsyn
Jerius Caesyn
Julius Caesar

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

How does one join a discord

Also what is a discord

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
A miserable pile of shortlinks.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Ratjaculation posted:

Also what is a discord

I went a couple of times but there was noone there.
I used the patreon link.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

What is a patron link

Is there a bebo group? MSN chat?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Gamespy server?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
https://discord.gg/JBfCP8
only valid for 24 hours! closing down sale! EVERYONE MUST GO!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Rugby

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Yahoo chat room, but 2019.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
alt.communism.crisps.ukmt

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ratjaculation posted:

Also what is a discord

IRC but somehow worth a billion dollars. Or is that the other one?

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I went a couple of times but there was noone there.
I used the patreon link.

I’ve no idea which discord you were on then :v:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Ratjaculation posted:

Also what is a discord

it's like IRC if that guy who wrote the "smacks around with a wet trout" command was in charge of the entire user interface

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I’ve no idea which discord you were on then :v:

I do a monthly Patreon to Lowtax and you get a discord link as part of that. I sometimes see people HAVE been in there from this forum but never when I go.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I do a monthly Patreon to Lowtax and you get a discord link as part of that. I sometimes see people HAVE been in there from this forum but never when I go.
that's the Lowtax donors discord server, the UKMT discord server is a different one, invite above

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BalloonFish posted:

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1187986970762457089?s=19

Whole lotta crabs in this bucket.

"Jeremy, you're a wanker for suggesting that McDonalds workers should be paid more than nurses!!!"

"£15/hr! That's more than I make in my managerial position and I've got a degree and 10 years in post! Labour need to live in the real world'"

"£15 for flipping burgers? What, I suppose I'll go get a job at McDonald's and start making real money [row of crying-with-laughter smilies]"

"So the serving staff will be earning more than the junior managers? How does that make sense JEREMY!? You really don't understand economics do you? lol"

Just depressing how so many people have been primed to oppose things that would make their lives better...

I don't want McDogburgers staff to be earning £15 an hour.

I want everyone to be earning at least £12,and we can take it from there.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
gently caress that everyone in the world should be earning at least £50 an hour and then we make money meaningless

We absolutely are at the technological level where we can become a post-scarcity society and frankly it’d be the easiest way to stop loving up the planet but nah gently caress it, can’t feel good about myself if I don’t see other people worse off than me

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Pochoclo posted:

gently caress that everyone in the world should be earning at least £50 an hour and then we make money meaningless

We absolutely are at the technological level where we can become a post-scarcity society and frankly it’d be the easiest way to stop loving up the planet but nah gently caress it, can’t feel good about myself if I don’t see other people worse off than me

Are we though? Scarcity still exists, particularly for tangibles, particularly food and housing. Not to mention environmental effects - I think post-scarcity is only a reality when we can deal with the environmental damage that production causes.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm pretty sure we overproduce food and scarcity is artificial due to capitalism, though whether that will continue is debatable given unsustainable agriculture.

Housin scarcity of course is entirely political.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Alright then.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

OwlFancier posted:

I'm pretty sure we overproduce food and scarcity is artificial due to capitalism, though whether that will continue is debatable given unsustainable agriculture.

Housin scarcity of course is entirely political.

Yes and no - exponential growth in housing will use materials that will be depleted, meaning that there is a point where they will begin to run out, or the environmental cost will be severe. There's a difference between 'artificially reduced supply' and 'post-scarcity'.

Junior G-man posted:

Alright then.

It's good, but it's no 'son's tattoo'.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Give me my money Ronald :arghfist:

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Junior G-man posted:

Alright then.

She gets so close to an epiphany: If you're not born into wealth the idea of employing a cleaner is uncomfortable and weird. Instead of thinking that through and deciding the rich are terrible, she just welps the gently caress out.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Pesmerga posted:

Are we though? Scarcity still exists, particularly for tangibles, particularly food and housing. Not to mention environmental effects - I think post-scarcity is only a reality when we can deal with the environmental damage that production causes.

Look at all the loving trillions upon trillions of dollars loving around in VCs throwing literal piles of money at stupid startups because they don't even know what to do with it, look at the military industrial complex, etc etc. This is all indicative of an unfathomably enormous overproduction, all this product of human work could go back to all humans, and we could sustainably make everyone super comfortable. And that's not even getting into making all the third world countries in Latin America and Africa sustainably productive too instead of being resource exploitation areas.

If anything we have plenty of loving room to get there, it's just we don't seem to want to, at all.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

England in a world cup final. :dogbutton:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Junior G-man posted:

Alright then.

Opinion Columnists were A Mistake

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

IRC but somehow worth a billion dollars. Or is that the other one?

IRC for gamers which gets their money from Investors who want to get bought out by Big Tech the invisible hand of the free market. Slacks the one that's IRC for work that's somehow worth a billion dollars.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
poo poo jobs no one wants to do should absolutely pay more than jobs people want to do.

A guy cleaning the toilets at my work deserves more pay than I do for sitting on my arse looking at monitoring software.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Sanitary Naptime posted:

You should, it’s great!

Oh also, thanks to Whatevil and my mysterious benefactor who made donations to the Sanitary Naptime Trust Fund :v:

I pledge to donate generously once the first subtitled episode makes an appearance (I gather its being worked on)

Bonus points if it's available by the time I get my cochlear implant which I'm having first consultation on in January

CyberPingu posted:

poo poo jobs no one wants to do should absolutely pay more than jobs people want to do.

A guy cleaning the toilets at my work deserves more pay than I do for sitting on my arse looking at monitoring software.

:yeah:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Maugrim posted:

I pledge to donate generously once the first subtitled episode makes an appearance (I gather its being worked on)

Bonus points if it's available by the time I get my cochlear implant which I'm having first consultation on in January

Episodes should be appearing on the YouTube channel over the course of next week!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

But for some reason society decided that because I had an opportunity to go to uni and barely get a degree then fall rear end backwards into a loving good job that I "deserve" more money than people who work just as hard if not harder in "menial jobs"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I never went to uni or held down a job.

My purpose is to be forced by the jobcentre into some random industry with hundreds of others in order to keep labour costs down. My apologies to anyone in the security industry, that seems to be the focus at the minute: get everyone on UC an SIA licence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Azza Bamboo posted:

I never went to uni or held down a job.

My purpose is to be forced by the jobcentre into some random industry with hundreds of others in order to keep labour costs down. My apologies to anyone in the security industry, that seems to be the focus at the minute: get everyone on UC an SIA licence.

Ah see but you obviously should have worked harder. Whatever the gently caress that means.