Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Give me:
Gen 3-style contests
Following Pokemon
DexNav
PWT

Second region was nice but there's a big difference between the code is almost the exact same so just stick it in like it was in Gen 2 amd now where you'd have to reprogram it between Gens. Also it let them make Johto a lot smaller than Johto deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I can’t pick just 5, cause I want so many of these to come back.

National Dex
Following Pokémon
Riding Pokémon
Battle Frontier
Contests
World Tournament
Join Avenue
Secret Bases
Triple Battles
Seasons

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Now that is a quality of life improvement.

I wonder if there will still be secret moves that can only be learned at the Move Deleter/Relearner?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Schubalts posted:

I refuse to believe that anybody actually wants roaming legendaries to come back.

*hears the faint voice of his catcher Gallade*
“Put me in, coach!”

*keeps staring at his Smeargle*

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

There was this one time way back in OG Silver that after hours of chasing I finally caught Entei, but since my Box was full it was automatically released. :negative:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I miss a lot of the fun stuff in Gen II like how at night you could run into sleeping Pokemon in headbutt trees, or the weird ways they played with time so some trainers only fought you at night or whatever. It was neat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'd like back
Triple/Rotation Battles
PokeStar Studios
Seasons (but just as aesthetic stuff)
Underground (With deeper Secret Base stuff and Join Avenue elements)
Mythical Events (BUT ACTUALLY IMPLEMENTED)
Challenge Mode
Riding/Following Pokemon
PWT

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zore posted:

I miss a lot of the fun stuff in Gen II like how at night you could run into sleeping Pokemon in headbutt trees, or the weird ways they played with time so some trainers only fought you at night or whatever. It was neat.

Ruby/Sapphire not having a day/night cycle still stands out as one of the big reasons I just kinda didn't like it as much.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

national dex
seasons/weather
contests
b&w2 postgame
soar
everything else

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1187624531332079616

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

National dex
Mega evolutions
Hard mode
Dex Nav
World tournament

a couple others like following pokemon or seasons were cute so I wouldn't mind seeing them again, but don't particularly miss.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I'd like a feature where it is possible to receive an event ticket/legendary without having to physically stand in line at a pokemon center in Kanagawa prefecture.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

pospysyl posted:

There was this one time way back in OG Silver that after hours of chasing I finally caught Entei, but since my Box was full it was automatically released. :negative:

I spent loving WEEKS trying to get one of the lake trio in Platinum.

An entire straight day of jury duty:
Take a step to the left
Check map
Take a step to the right
Check map

Roaming/Fleeing legendaries are the worst

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Funny how we have moves named after Leeches but no actual Leech Pokemon. We also need a llama and a porcupine (or does Chesnaught count as one? I always thought he was a weird armadillo). Ooh, and a vinegaroon. I was also gonna say axolotl but Mudkip is axolotl-adjacent.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Seasons were bad actually.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

arceus is a llama, cyndaquil is a porcupine, wooper is an axolotl

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Oh poo poo I forgot about Cyndaquil! The fact they turn into badgers threw me off.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Pentaro posted:

(or does Chesnaught count as one? I always thought he was a weird armadillo).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyptodont

Pentaro posted:

I was also gonna say axolotl but Mudkip is axolotl-adjacent.

:wooper:

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Hot take: day/night cycles were a mistake

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Violet_Sky posted:

Seasons were bad actually.

Procrastine posted:

:chloe:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Seasons are good, but need better implementation. Having seasons change every 24 hours would be an improvement over the previous version for example. Also, actual weather effects tied to the season in certain areas

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Procrastine posted:

Seasons were bad because they blocked off content for months at a time but day/night cycles are great and atmospheric.

EDIT: set the next Pokemon game in the Grand Line so you can just go to different islands to change the seasons

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Love having a dark blue filter over everything at night. Atmospheric.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Multiple pokemon have control of time, they should put in seasons and day/night and then also let us change them on a whim like Zelda.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

They should have cut 1/3 of these out, they're either redundant or actively bad features. Now, if I could keep 5...

Following Pokémon
Seasons
Dexnav
National Dex (it annoyed me that SM didn't have one)
Friend Safari

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
mega evolutions of anything other than a three stage should be retconned as normal evos, imo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Am I missing something with this Mewtwo thing? Is it a special Mewtwo? It doesn't appear to be shiny and nothing seems to be advertising it as having a unique move or anything.

Because like... you can just catch Mewtwo in the game

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

aahhh!!ddium posted:

arceus is a llama, cyndaquil is a porcupine, wooper is an axolotl

Pentaro posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot about Cyndaquil! The fact they turn into badgers threw me off.

Cyndaquil is an echidna, not a porcupine. Check the snout.

I will die on this hill. :colbert:

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Gruckles posted:

Multiple pokemon have control of time, they should put in seasons and day/night and then also let us change them on a whim like Zelda.

In Sun/Moon you can do this
By going to another dimension where it's day/night time

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

The White Dragon posted:

they missed a huge chance to make a canadian goose pokemon in alola

canaduckling that can evolve into ontarioose or québecanard depending on gen 16's Canada-themed gimmick.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Am I missing something with this Mewtwo thing? Is it a special Mewtwo? It doesn't appear to be shiny and nothing seems to be advertising it as having a unique move or anything.

Because like... you can just catch Mewtwo in the game
Yeah but now you can have 2 or get one earlier than the end of the game.

Kid me would've been happy to get a second Mewtwo just to have one.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
seasons own

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Procrastine posted:

Yeah unironically its good

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hate the time mechanic. I don't want to have to pay the game at certain times. Just let me have everything available in the game regardless if what time it is

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I hate the time mechanic. I don't want to have to pay the game at certain times. Just let me have everything available in the game regardless if what time it is

Didn't Sun/Moon let you go to the "other world" where the day/night was flipped? If they give you an option to alter the time with game mechanics it seems like a reasonable way to have the mechanic without it being obstructive?

Honestly I remember weather conditions being more annoying since you were then relying on RNG.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

They should put in day night cycles seasons weather seasonal specific weather and hour specific schedules for every pokemon

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Procrastine posted:

[stepping outside at midnight] lol love that whoever the gently caress turned the lights off. real nice atmosphere clowns

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

[stepping outside at midnight] lol love that whoever the gently caress turned the lights off. real nice atmosphere clowns

[Watching a couple enjoy a sunset at a park] IT'S JUST AN ORANGE FILTER YOU loving RUBES

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think night and day should be more like current JRPGs, tho. Moves normally in towns and stuff, but whenever you are in the wild, it becomes 1 minute = 1 hour, and you can freely change the time of day. And then seasons change every in-game week or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

This time talk reminded me that Dusk Form Lycanroc was a bitch to evolve with my schedule.