Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Everything is projection with Trump. Everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Helith posted:

Trump.exe has crashed.
Reboot Y/N

*pounds 'N' with the force of a god*

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ewiley posted:

Why'd they put in that unaltered picture of Jared?

Covington released their yearbook I see

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

No blood for oil guys, we're serious this time

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hairy Marionette posted:

No commercial pharmacy will take back customer opened medication. I was a pharmacy tech for Walgreens about a decade ago. A pharmacist once dispensed 30 Ambian when the script was for 5 pills. She refused to take the other 25 back when the customer tried to return them.

What a world.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

BlueBlazer posted:

I'm kind of OK with this. At least Microsoft doesn't implicitly fund destroying other industries with it's software empire.

You may want to look into how Microsoft got so big.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Fat Harry Potter in the mid with Ron wearing glasses below

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 26, 2019

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Coked-up Grant administration of the 21st century.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nonsense posted:

Coked-up Grant administration of the 21st century.

ehh. grant was at least a really good dude for the most part.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

What's up with those flags? They arn't a state flag and googling US flag with roundel is hopeless.

also newt gringriches hair looking a little yellow in the light seems on point

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

In the midst of all the new crazy and corruption that comes out everyday that’s only accelerated since the impeachment inquiry, I still have moments where I laugh uncontrollably that all of this got kickstarted equally in part with investigating Biden, because Trump actually believes in conspiracy theories like Ukraine meddling in the 2015 election :goshawk:

It’s like The Inception version of lying, it’s the layer of lies within he layer of lies, within the layer of lies. And now with what seems to be obvious signs of dementia, I’d honestly buy that he regularly and sporadically forgets what’s supposed to be real and what’s not, and what his view is “supposed” to be and why.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

ehh. grant was at least a really good dude for the most part.

Grant helped put as many African Americans in government as he could, he was decent, but his family and friends were scoundrels who look like saints next to this admin.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

What's up with those flags? They arn't a state flag and googling US flag with roundel is hopeless.

Ohio

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

They're the Ohio flag. Republicans flipped out one day in 2008 because they thought they were "the Obama flag"

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

It's the Ohio state flag. It's weirdly shaped.

I remember freeper types freaking out about Obama standing in front of one. They thought he was replacing old glory with his own flag. Lol

Edit: beaten, twice.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

tokyo reject posted:

In the midst of all the new crazy and corruption that comes out everyday that’s only accelerated since the impeachment inquiry, I still have moments where I laugh uncontrollably that all of this got kickstarted equally in part with investigating Biden, because Trump actually believes in conspiracy theories like Ukraine meddling in the 2015 election :goshawk:

It’s like The Inception version of lying, it’s the layer of lies within he layer of lies, within the layer of lies. And now with what seems to be obvious signs of dementia, I’d honestly buy that he regularly and sporadically forgets what’s supposed to be real and what’s not, and what his view is “supposed” to be and why.

Trump has been lying his whole life, except previous to being President people just took him at his word or just waved it off.

Now that every lie he says is openly scrutinized, he can't stop.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

:negative:

I swear i checked that list of state flags twice.

CommieGIR posted:

Trump has been lying his whole life, except previous to being President people just took him at his word or just waved it off.

Now that every lie he says is openly scrutinized, he can't stop.

I think trump is the kind of guy who exercises lies as a means of expressing power, basically daring you to call him on it. I think that was always part of who he was.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 26, 2019

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
America y'all

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

CommieGIR posted:

On some level he probably feels severely wronged because his “lying superpower” isn’t working the way it has in the past for him.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bornbytheriver posted:

America y'all

eternally appropriate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxoD9zWY9Rg

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I thought a good portion of the “Grant’s administration was horribly corrupt” reputation came from Lost Cause Southerners looking to disparage him for the war and Reconstruction?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He also really wasn't much of an alcoholic. It was more than he couldn't hold his liquor for poo poo and so on the times he did drink, he wound up completely trashed

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/1188167935292067840?s=19

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

whydirt posted:

I thought a good portion of the “Grant’s administration was horribly corrupt” reputation came from Lost Cause Southerners looking to disparage him for the war and Reconstruction?

No, there was definitely a lot of corruption happening. Grant was an excellent general and a very good man personally, but a very poor judge of character when it came to selecting people to serve in his administration.

e: There's a whole Wiki article!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

It's been said many times but this is the best tweet of all time. One for the books.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1188137011921768449

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

DeathChicken posted:

He also really wasn't much of an alcoholic. It was more than he couldn't hold his liquor for poo poo and so on the times he did drink, he wound up completely trashed

Grant mainly drank when he was lonely, and his reputation for drunkenness came from when he was stationed in remote areas away from his family in his pre-Civil War career. During the war itself the only time it was ever even rumored to be an issue was during the months-long siege of Vicksburg.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I'm looking for the Rand Paul tweet condemning the deployment of troops into Syria, but i can't find it????

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Grant mainly drank when he was lonely, and his reputation for drunkenness came from when he was stationed in remote areas away from his family in his pre-Civil War career. During the war itself the only time it was ever even rumored to be an issue was during the months-long siege of Vicksburg.

Sherman: "Grant stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk, and now we stand by each other".

Ultimate bros.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

bornbytheriver posted:

America y'all

New Fallout lookin real

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Rudy Giuliani eat the eggs

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If this were the old day’s I’d think this is a less bad leak to distract from something worse, being it’s the wsj, but these days who knows.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

CommieGIR posted:

Sherman: "Grant stood by me when I was crazy, and I stood by him when he was drunk, and now we stand by each other".

Ultimate bros.

This is one of my favorite quotes from Sherman, in that it reveals so much about how he thought about both himself and of Grant:

"I am damned smarter man than Grant. I know more about military history, strategy, and grand tactics than he does. I know more about supply, administration, and everything else than he does. I'll tell you where he beats me though and where he beats the world. He doesn't give a drat about what the enemy does out of his sight, but it scares me like hell. … I am more nervous than he is. I am more likely to change my orders or to countermarch my command than he is. He uses such information as he has according to his best judgment; he issues his orders and does his level best to carry them out without much reference to what is going on about him and, so far, experience seems to have fully justified him."

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

bornbytheriver posted:

America y'all

Is that Godzilla in the shadows?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Gatts posted:

Is that Godzilla in the shadows?

we can only hope

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

bornbytheriver posted:

America y'all

Is this from actual footage somewhere?

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

We didn't want them to sell them, we wanted them to dispose of them.

Also 5 seconds of google searching shows Walgreens has drug disposal kiosks.

I was talking about disposal, not sale. It’s good to know that Walgreens has finally implemented a drug disposal system. I shall update my anecdote accordingly in future tellings.

Edit: Google tells me that Walgreens has 9,500 stores and only about 1,500 medication disposal kiosks.

Hairy Marionette fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 26, 2019

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I really hate reporting like this. This isn't "big" news. Kelly was loving awful, and who cares if he warned Trump that he risked impeachment? Trump has been committing crimes from pretty much the moment that he entered the oval office and it's sheer dumb luck that something like this was finally easily digestible and just plain stupid enough to stick in the public's craw.

poo poo like this is disgusting:

quote:

“Someone has got to be a guide that tells [the president] that you either have the authority or you don’t, or Mr. President, don’t do it,” Kelly said. “Don’t hire someone that will just nod and say, ‘That’s a great idea Mr. President.’ Because you will be impeached.”

This isn't a repudiation of Trump. He's literally apologizing for his behavior and blaming the staff for failing to keep him under control.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Acebuckeye13 posted:

This is one of my favorite quotes from Sherman, in that it reveals so much about how he thought about both himself and of Grant:

"I am damned smarter man than Grant. I know more about military history, strategy, and grand tactics than he does. I know more about supply, administration, and everything else than he does. I'll tell you where he beats me though and where he beats the world. He doesn't give a drat about what the enemy does out of his sight, but it scares me like hell. … I am more nervous than he is. I am more likely to change my orders or to countermarch my command than he is. He uses such information as he has according to his best judgment; he issues his orders and does his level best to carry them out without much reference to what is going on about him and, so far, experience seems to have fully justified him."

Was it Grant or Sherman, I forget: I think it was Grant, he showed up to DC just after Lincoln made him commander of the Army, checks into a hotel with his son, and nobody knew who he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1188181427680100352