Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

DropsySufferer posted:

Calling someone a wolf is very different from calling them a boar. A wolf is cunning, intelligent and ruthless. A boar is wild, angry, and careless.

Dimitri is sure as hell not a wolf.

You got some baggage with boars or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Edelgard is the boar-hunting-uav princess

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kiranamos posted:

30-50 feral hogs killed my parents.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Dimitri is a nerd

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Kiranamos posted:

I do as a matter of fact. In real life they are a pest. In games they are always an annoying enemy type.

I can’t think of a good boar so yeah gently caress boars.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Regardless of what Boars or Wolves are like in reality, culturally they represent certain things. And Boars have a common understanding as violent, destructive, and unthinking, which is exactly what Felix is trying to get across.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I figured out what animal El really is. And she's unstoppable.
https://twitter.com/kppmkii/status/1188066345495064576

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eimi posted:

I figured out what animal El really is. And she's unstoppable.
https://twitter.com/kppmkii/status/1188066345495064576

:bisonyes:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
what i wouldn't give for a "skip white clouds" NG+ option. just lemme pick my buddies and slap 'em at level 15 or something. oh well here i go again!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I finished my first run, black eagles CF. I regret recruiting a bunch of people since I just benched them and didn't even bring them in to see their unique dialogue when battling their former family or allies. I was going to recruit everyone I could in Golden Deer but now I think I'll just let them be and see where they turn up in the post time skip missions. That or only recruit people who have supports with Claude so I can fill out the support log.

This was my second Fire Emblem (not counting Heroes), having only played through Fates this Fall. After it being almost required in Fates, I tried planning all my students' end pairings in this game. I think Shamir was impressed when Caspar punched out Catherine so easily, though, and then my plans all derailed from there as everyone got shuffled around. Its weird when you complete all the supports. I think Dorothea got engaged to like seven different people. I'm not even going to try to force pairings this time, aside from maybe Lysithea. They should have kept the one-per-person S rank.

After a month of training everyone in their defaults I looked at the classes and my roster as a whole and I think I'm going to make Marianne a holy knight, Raphael a fortress knight, and Hilda a mortal savant. Not sure what to do with Lorenz besides dark knight, so I'll probably just do that. Leonie either a pegasus/falcon knight or a bow knight, depending on how her stats fall I guess. I'll bring in Flayn as healer, and skip dancer aside from maybe giving the avoid buff to Hilda.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

bagrada posted:

After a month of training everyone in their defaults I looked at the classes and my roster as a whole and I think I'm going to make Marianne a holy knight, Raphael a fortress knight, and Hilda a mortal savant. Not sure what to do with Lorenz besides dark knight, so I'll probably just do that. Leonie either a pegasus/falcon knight or a bow knight, depending on how her stats fall I guess. I'll bring in Flayn as healer, and skip dancer aside from maybe giving the avoid buff to Hilda.

If you're looking for recommendations, Marianne makes an excellent Dark Knight. Her Reason spell list is extremely good (she gets Thoron and Fimbulvetr) and she's really only a decent healer. If you're not set on Holy Knight, consider making her an offensive caster--she's really good at it, despite not having a Reason strength. Both Mercedes and Linhardt are better healers. Flayn's not bad either, despite not getting Physic.

I'd say that Hilda makes a great Wyvern Lord (which is true, she does), but really every physical fighter makes a great Wyvern Lord because the class itself is insanely good, so y'know.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 28, 2019

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Lazy_Liberal posted:

what i wouldn't give for a "skip white clouds" NG+ option. just lemme pick my buddies and slap 'em at level 15 or something. oh well here i go again!

:same: and of course the closest you get to it is being able to save before the BE route split, but :lol: if I'm ever going play Church of my own free will again.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Harrow posted:

If you're looking for recommendations, Marianne makes an excellent Dark Knight. Her Reason spell list is extremely good (she gets Thoron and Fimbulvetr) and she's really only a decent healer. If you're not set on Holy Knight, consider making her an offensive caster--she's really good at it, despite not having a Reason strength. Both Mercedes and Linhardt are better healers. Flayn's not bad either, despite not getting Physic.

I'd say that Hilda makes a great Wyvern Lord (which is true, she does), but really every physical fighter makes a great Wyvern Lord because the class itself is insanely good, so y'know.

I'll see how her stats pan out. I can jump her faith and riding straight up with renown since I used her last game as a dancer/back up healer/Levin sword wielder. Whichever I don't try this game I'll do next playthrough.

Hilda just looks really cool in the mortal savant outfit I think but my original plan with her was wyvern lord. I'll take another look tonight.

I will say I played my first run on normal which was a huge mistake. I slept through the entire thing one shotting everything, I used rewind like 3x in the whole run, and I barely mastered any classes. This time around I'm enjoying the combat so much more and am actually making progress on the class masteries and learning the combat arts.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

multiple NG+ runs really gives you room to do weird poo poo and it's fun

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Carlosologist posted:

multiple NG+ runs really gives you room to do weird poo poo and it's fun

Yeah, being able to buy in skill ranks classes won't normally be able to reach is fun. The class system as is is really detrimental to the flexibility of all the other systems.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I forget, what is the DLC release schedule, again? I really want recruitable Jeritza, I'm curious what his supports will be like.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Obligatum VII posted:

I forget, what is the DLC release schedule, again? I really want recruitable Jeritza, I'm curious what his supports will be like.

The Jeritza and Anna DLC is meant to release by December 31st, but the other DLC released several weeks early so it could be anytime, really. And then the last one is sometime early next year but I can't remember what date they gave and I can't find it on serenes. I'm also very curious about Jeritza!! And hoping very hard that MByleth will be able to S-Support him!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Patch in Dimitri and Claude male S supports cowards. :argh: (Also finish El's route)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eimi posted:

Patch in Dimitri and Claude male S supports cowards. :argh: (Also finish El's route)

I can see wanting to get to S rank with Claude but why would anyone want anything to do with Dimitri?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

I can see wanting to get to S rank with Claude but why would anyone want anything to do with Dimitri?

He undergoes interesting character development and has a satisfying arc with byleth that feels incomplete without the S

E: also the eyepatch is hot

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Also his and El's route are extremely similar in how close they get emotionally to Byleth to the point where the romance is entirely natural and a great conclusion to both stories but guys just can't romance him.

https://twitter.com/boxkiri/status/1188786772345442304

Eimi fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 29, 2019

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

Honestly I don't know how they could add on dealing with the mole people without the end game becoming a drag.

I havent played Edelgards route, but I feel like having you kill them as part of stopping their plot could work into some of the routes. In Dimitri's route you kill some of their allies without having to hunt them down while leading up to the final battle, you could have at least tied up some loose ends and made the story feel more complete by making them some of El's top commanders, rather than the generic rando people you're supposed to assume were your fellow students who fight alongside the named ones you knew.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Literally just have the dubstep mission from Golden Deer, except arrange it like Reunion where slowly all your party members in your roster arrive at a set level because it's been many months after the war with Edelgard and Byleth at the end.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the slitherers don’t deserve to be the final boss, CF’s final boss is fine as-is
have the slitherers be dealt with right after they do the thing they did that is a very obvious sign that they need to be dealt with, and then Edelgard can go back to finishing things off with the actually good villain.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Hunt11 posted:

I haven't finished Azure Moon yet but he's a huge sweetheart pre-timeskip and if you fall in love with him then you might as well stick it out for the ride

Also yeah the eyepatch thing

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Fangz posted:

It's hosed up that the monastery is reliant on Anna to purchase exam materials for the students to get certification. Do you think everyone, including the people you fight, got their 'seals' from her?

Probably, but they're cheaper if you get them used. You can sell them back after the class is over too. I agree it's hosed up though. I had to buy my professors own class seal just for that class, and it wasnt cheap. We didnt even use it more than once or twice.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hunt11 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpllUQ38CKY

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Devoyniche posted:

Probably, but they're cheaper if you get them used. You can sell them back after the class is over too. I agree it's hosed up though. I had to buy my professors own class seal just for that class, and it wasnt cheap. We didnt even use it more than once or twice.

Hell, have you tried getting a dark seal when you're in Edelgard's house?

Hey dude you're working for us. Can we borrow that thing in your pocket?
Death Knight: gotta kill me first bitches

Jeritza's supports are gonna be somethin else.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I've got the itch to replay CF but I'm holding off until the next DLC wave because I am absolutely going to put Jeritza/DK in my army as soon as I can forever and enjoy the endless ham.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I'm finally starting AM and it's as rough as I thought going against Edelgard would be for me, but the prospect of getting Jeritza and making him romance Manuela will be the tonic to wash it down with.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Devoyniche posted:

The best thing about this post is that they really are cheaper if you get them used, thanks to the 10% discount on traveler items.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i've never been into fan art or memes or fandom but i now have an uncontrollable urge to commission an artist to draw Taylor Swift dressed up like Ingrid.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Junpei Hyde posted:

He undergoes interesting character development and has a satisfying arc with byleth that feels incomplete without the S

E: also the eyepatch is hot

I guess. It is just my experience with him in the second part has made me despise him to the point that I am having to brute force myself through the story.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I want to stress that I'm saying this out of pure affection: it's funny that all of the students kind of "glow up" and look more sophisticated/adult after the timeskip, except for Bernadetta, who has even dorkier hair in act 2 than she does in act 1

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Idk, it’s kind of a subjective thing but her hair preskip hair looks like a mop (which makes sense since she’s a shut in) so it was really nice seeing her postskip design where she clearly makes an effort to take care of herself like an adult (also there are still a few mop strands which I think is real cute).

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Last Celebration posted:

Idk, it’s kind of a subjective thing but her hair preskip hair looks like a mop (which makes sense since she’s a shut in) so it was really nice seeing her postskip design where she clearly makes an effort to take care of herself like an adult (also there are still a few mop strands which I think is real cute).

Yeah I really like her hair! It's like Marianne in a way, how it communicates that she's actually brushing her hair into a proper hairstyle. It's a bit of a dorky look, sure, but she's a dorky girl. I think it's cute.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Have you seen the back tho

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

https://twitter.com/nikoniko_808/status/1189711387037011968
Happy Halloween FE goons :skeltal:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
bunny bernadetta :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Robin hood Petra is pretty good too. They both love climbing trees