Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

CommieGIR posted:

Was it Grant or Sherman, I forget: I think it was Grant, he showed up to DC just after Lincoln made him commander of the Army, checks into a hotel with his son, and nobody knew who he was.

It was Grant, yeah. I wish I wasn't on my phone because I could write pages and pages about him, he was such an endlessly fascinating man - flawed in many ways, but possessive of an utterly rock-hard moral character and innate humility that separates him from almost every other person to hold the office of President-except for, ironically, Lincoln.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It was Grant, yeah. I wish I wasn't on my phone because I could write pages and pages about him, he was such an endlessly fascinating man - flawed in many ways, but possessive of an utterly rock-hard moral character and innate humility that separates him from almost every other person to hold the office of President-except for, ironically, Lincoln.

Not enough moral character to reign in the unchecked corruption of his administration, of course.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Ogmius815 posted:

Not enough moral character to reign in the unchecked corruption of his administration, of course.

I think it was less an issue of his moral character failing, more he just couldnt believe how corrupt they were, and that he had chosen them.

He couldnt cope with the disbelief.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Ogmius815 posted:

It can actually be argued that it was because of his own moral character that his administration was so corrupt - because Grant was himself honest, and because he trusted the friends and allies he appointed into high office, he simply could not believe that the men who had served him so ablely during the war were robbing the country blind right in front of his face.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

edit* wrong thread

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
PHIL REEKER

I think you get 10 extra points to spend at character creation if you take a name like that, plus he's bald too. drat, what a stud.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/x_t_pd/status/1188168796353286146?s=19

I'm all for it. Is it possible for a presidential ticket to get less than 0%?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
In a world full of rich boomers being bad people, enjoy Jane Fonda accepting a BAFTA award while being arrested and hauled away for protesting climate change.

https://twitter.com/BAFTALA/status/1187950061990207489

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

bowser posted:

Both of them out of Congress and we get to watch a prez ticket’s MoE sink their vote totals into the negatives? Where is the downside?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Craptacular! posted:

In a world full of rich boomers being bad people, enjoy Jane Fonda accepting a BAFTA award while being arrested and hauled away for protesting climate change.

https://twitter.com/BAFTALA/status/1187950061990207489

Jane Fonda greatly contributed to the non-viability of nuclear energy in the United States. gently caress Jane Fonda.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

bowser posted:

I am going to be real here and say that if this does happen we should form a GoonPAC for real and spam targeted Facebook ads telling chuds they can still write in Trump/Pence. Split that vote.

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

bowser posted:

QAnon is a globalist movement :psyduck:

I live in a mid-sized city in the Netherlands and I know 4 locations with Qanon graffiti here.

Probably all done by the same guy, but still

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

AmiYumi posted:

Both of them out of Congress and we get to watch a prez ticket’s MoE sink their vote totals into the negatives? Where is the downside?

Romney isn't up for Senate reelection tho

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SimonCat posted:

Jane Fonda greatly contributed to the non-viability of nuclear energy in the United States. gently caress Jane Fonda.

So did the Simpsons but we don’t say gently caress the Simpsons

*presses finger to earpiece* Uh wait

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

Is this from actual footage somewhere?

Sonoma County, California

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

bowser posted:

QAnon is a globalist movement :psyduck:

so they have members around the world?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

bornbytheriver posted:

Sonoma County, California

Yup. We're getting a lot of ash in Napa.

Good tiiiiiiimes. But hey, it's not like we should nationalize PG&E or anything.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

PhazonLink posted:

Mainly in Russia

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1188149552869707777
https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/1188214370872057856
https://twitter.com/anniekarni/status/1188210818447527938

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

What did Kelly say or do that prompted this?

Also, has that moron held a single press conference yet?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
President Grant sent the army to kill the first iteration of the KKK. That counts for a lot imo.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

TulliusCicero posted:

What did Kelly say or do that prompted this?

https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/1188167935292067840

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I mean this is right up there with North Korean Kim Jong-Un propaganda pieces when a party member in executed. They could handle the radiant glory of glorious leader!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

so how's Mulvaney doing on that

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

SimonCat posted:

gently caress Jane Fonda.

OP Anaconda reports negative motor presence in back of target Honda-- waving off initial pass. I say again, all units wave off target Honda.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

GreyjoyBastard posted:

so how's Mulvaney doing on that

He checks the president's self destructive impulses every day, just to make sure they're still there and working properly.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

That RT Foreign Agent shirt is on sale for $13. gently caress it, I'd wear it.

You can get it in Cyrillic too!

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

OP Anaconda reports negative motor presence in back of target Honda-- waving off initial pass. I say again, all units wave off target Honda.

Of course Fonda aint got a motor in the back of her Honda. All Hondas are FWD with front engine. Charitably the NSX is a mid engine, but even then it's badged as an Acura

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Potential BFF posted:

That RT Foreign Agent shirt is on sale for $13. gently caress it, I'd wear it.

You can get it in Cyrillic too!

it's a good shirt

remember when all the freaks were wearing 'infidel' shirts in Arabic? This could be the actually funny version of that, for a mere 13 dollarydoos

bij
Feb 24, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

it's a good shirt

remember when all the freaks were wearing 'infidel' shirts in Arabic? This could be the actually funny version of that, for a mere 13 dollarydoos

Agreed

The level of self-awareness here is impressive

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Please don't give Russia your money.

You could easily just print one at home here easily. Hell, there's a silk screen press place at my mall that would make something like this for only $8.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

sean10mm posted:

President Grant sent the army to kill the first iteration of the KKK. That counts for a lot imo.

He also tried to expel all Jews from his military district, an order which Lincoln had to personally revoke.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i hope that lady thinks it was worth it to give up tea for for a lifetime and always keeping an eye for umbrellas.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

PhazonLink posted:

i hope that lady thinks it was worth it to give up tea for for a lifetime and always keeping an eye for umbrellas.

Brown Moses isn't dead yet, how bad can it be

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1188228696601174018

good for them

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Potential BFF posted:

Agreed

The level of self-awareness here is impressive

It is pitch black. You are likely to be compromised by a GRU.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

PhazonLink posted:

And in high places too.

Revealed: the QAnon conspiracy theorist who is friends with Australian PM Scott Morrison

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ehh Australia hardly counts as a country

FateFree
Nov 14, 2003

I wonder if this accidentally tells us how many of his likes are purely bots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

GreyjoyBastard posted:

ehh Australia hardly counts as a country

Australia hired a noted Climate Change Denier to design their public schools environmental education.