Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Thanks for the answers, didn't mean to piss off anyone. Was genuinely curious.

I tried googling this one(found basket balls and flashlight batteries) but also didn't really get it... what's up with "Nite Brite"? Is it just a play on the Nightless City?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think the problem (not that it's much of one) is that Okki is a Japanese Servant, so her talking like a weaboo is a little weird, on top of feeling like a bit of a rehash of the inspired choice of using it for Blackbeard.

It's not the end of the world, but I understand the complaints about it more than I do the ones about editing that dubious rear end Demiya art

HGH posted:

what's up with "Nite Brite"? Is it just a play on the Nightless City?

In Japanese it was just "Fuya-chan" which is just a nickname-y take of the nightless part of the Japanese for "Assassin of the Nightless City",

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 26, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

HGH posted:

Thanks for the answers, didn't mean to piss off anyone. Was genuinely curious.

I tried googling this one(found basket balls and flashlight batteries) but also didn't really get it... what's up with "Nite Brite"? Is it just a play on the Nightless City?

pretty much. ruler of a city so bright there is no night, and probably a reference to Lite Brite, a kid's toy, given her lapses into childlike behavior

e: as dumb as the name hiding is, sassy-shin/nite brite/amazoness ceo do make up for it by being fun/cute nicknames.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 26, 2019

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
She should have said 'Sorrymasen' instead of 'Gomenasorry'. :colbert:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, I just saw it pointed out that the new Saber Wars event looks... suspicious. The new Ishtar's NP hasn't been revealed, and the only servant that boosts Artorium drops is OG Saber, not the new event servants. The last time a servant's NP wasn't shown before the event was... a pretty big deal. Something is probably up here.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
99% of people that are panicking or downvoting about saber wars 2 news apparently have no idea that Nasu loves trolling as much as word jargon babble.

Never forget Blue Rider Gem.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think the problem (not that it's much of one) is that Okki is a Japanese Servant, so her talking like a weaboo is a little weird, on top of feeling like a bit of a rehash of the inspired choice of using it for Blackbeard.

In the English dialog Blackbeard doesn't use Japanese words in the place of English ones, he simply keeps spouting memes. Which is an accurate translation of his speech and not the same as the way Oskabehime speaks.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I want Calamity Jane. Her design isn’t great, but I like the historical character.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

I want Calamity Jane. Her design isn’t great, but I like the historical character.

I was just surprised that this blatantly fake image from years ago turned out to be real.

Ashsaber posted:

The last time a servant's NP wasn't shown before the event was... a pretty big deal. Something is probably up here.

Who are you thinking of? The last example I can remember is Caster Shuten, which everyone expected to be a huge deal but turned out to just be nothing.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

She's not even wearing a cowboy hat. Fail poo poo

shoulda looked like Saki

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

NRVNQSR posted:

Who are you thinking of? The last example I can remember is Caster Shuten, which everyone expected to be a huge deal but turned out to just be nothing.

Probably Summer BB.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

I was just surprised that this blatantly fake image from years ago turned out to be real.
The art looked exactly like Bsuke's. The card mockup was obviously faked but the art itself always seemed obviously real to me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Speaking of Nite Brite, I single ticket summoned her so I hope she's OK

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Squiddycat posted:

if you can spare the time and mats, she's a great quick support pre-Skadi and even just in addition to Skadi. +40% atk/+20% quick up, you can tack on another +20% quick up with her bond CE. assassin class means her weight won't be stealing as many stars from your quick DPS as other support options (Rishtar, Alex) and her buffs lasting longer is more valuable than someone like Atalante (who also has awful weight).

using her as your DPS is more of a mixed bag since she relies on RNG self-buffs and her NPgen/stargen is just ok, but if her buffs do hit she's pretty stupid (+78% atk, +38% def, +50% crit after NP). her NP interlude in roughly 2 years makes her the ST assassin with the highest NP1-2 damage (ignoring traits) on top of giving her buff removal.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Squiddycat posted:

Charisma with a quick up to others attached, Imperial Privilege and Defense Down; single target quick NP that poisons.
She doesn't have enough self-steroids or NP effectiveness to be the main dps, but she'll take care of any pesky rider sub-boss and boost your main damage dealer in the process.

E: unless there's an NP interlude coming up. That would fix her relative lack of damage.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 26, 2019

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
She also has a Lancer deck with two Busters, which can be somewhat useful for brawling and face carding without going full gorilla like King Hassan. It does make her NP generation a little less consistent since her Quicks aren't incredible for it, but multihit Busters like hers do generate some stars so she can potentially make up for it by just critting a lot. Increasing your overall odds of having a Buster to start a damage chain with is pretty nice.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
"Eh, Halloween? I left that guy behind in the Heisei era. You all understand, right?"

Space Ishtar's spaceship is going to crash on top of Himeji Castle. The new welfare is Elizabeth Bathory (Alien). Quote me when I'm right.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

looking it up, missing IP only "downgrades" her to the level of the other NP1 SRs in terms of damage (even Carm vs females). the problem is just compounding those coinflip IP odds with a lack of support for her cardtype, since "weaker" options like Carm/Kiri have access to SSR supports while the best Wu can hope for is a second Wu or Royal Brand. any other quick supports are basically disastrous since what few stars are made won't be going to crit-amped Wu.

i've pretty much been using her in the vein Omobono mentioned, a Cleo/Wu/Waver team that i've used to farm nodes in both Halloweens now. for the few rider bosses that have been around, i'm too weak to the temptation of using Carmilla :sweatdrop:. but tbh it's nice to have a character like Wu who can do that dual purpose of buffing and clearing a midboss or weaker node bosses. same reason Liz is nice, and should be nicer post-interlude. i only wish Wu wasn't in direct competition with some other mat-hungry servants like CasGil and Hijikata...

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

I would just like to say that I love Okki's dialogue and I have no idea why anyone would be mad about it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

I would just like to say that I love Okki's dialogue and I have no idea why anyone would be mad about it.

Because if it's not the most bland literal translation possible it's bad

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
It's cool how there's no room for nuance.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

:emptyquote:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

i'm permabanned poster lizstomper58. i first started watching anime when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "hikikomori" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got real bizzare and i would repeat things such as "gomenasorry" and "chotto a minute" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing temples and pyramids crashed into castles, basically prodromal schziophrenia

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

All the Lizzes except Mecha are bonus servants in SW2 which is very :hmmno:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Worldwalker_Pure posted:

:same:

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Yamete kudastop absolutely slayed me and I love that they localized her like this. That said, I could see why people might think it's overdone and potentially too one-note. It's something that can maybe be toned down outside of a dumb Halloween event.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sophism posted:

Yamete kudastop absolutely slayed me and I love that they localized her like this. That said, I could see why people might think it's overdone and potentially too one-note. It's something that can maybe be toned down outside of a dumb Halloween event.

some lines definitely land better than others, and yamete kudastop they nailed perfectly

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Sophism posted:

Yamete kudastop absolutely slayed me and I love that they localized her like this.

:emptyquote:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The only thing I would have changed is avoiding using the gimmick until her room is revealed, and then go whole hog once the mask has dropped. But either way it's hilarious.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, lost a day at the stop due to tablet repairs and just not having the energy to start on the first day, so I just got through the Amazones C.E.O. quest. Soon I will probably need to do something other than Penth/Kscope Raikou/someone else to speed through these quests, but that is for later. For now I will just revel in my failed Danzou rolls getting Raikou from NP 1 to 4, with 4/10/10 skills from the Banana raid rerun.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Sophism posted:

It's really ehn to me and hopefully they tone it down moving forward because Okki's a pretty fun character and she did not need this kind of localization to show for it.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

For the first 18 months of the game I was outrageously lucky, easily getting NP2s within like 150-300 quartz left and right, with the ridiculous NP5 Ishtar within 450 quartz and 3 tickets being the absolute apex of that. But ever since the first Musashi banner, even getting NP1s has been a struggle. It has slowly dawned on me that unless I'm having insanely above average outlier luck, I can't justify spending any of my disposable income on quartz. The crazy highs from before were far above the norm, and the occasional lucky single has no chance of evening out the lows for me.

To quote Ishtar:

I was saving for Ereshkigal, but decided to spend the quartz I had plus another pack on Osakabehime instead. 450 quartz and a ton of tickets later, no NEET in sight. It's just not a good feeling, and even though I did get my Amazones' CEO NP level boosted, she wasn't my target.

I think this last banner has convinced me to really dial it back. I'll buy enough quartz to cover the two annual guaranteed banners, and can see myself purchasing a pack or two for Skadi in case whatever I have saved up by then isn't enough. But outside of that, I'll just deal with whatever I get from tickets here and there.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 27, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I think I got hit by the bug that reset the "kill rider servants" mission. Is the automata node unlocked by that mission?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Compendium posted:

It's really ehn to me and hopefully they tone it down moving forward because Okki's a pretty fun character and she did not need this kind of localization to show for it.

Yeah in future i'd rather that she didn't talk like a half baked kawaikochan knock off. It comes off like someone's pet joke that nobody ever reigned in, cute the first few times and tiring once it quickly wears out it's welcome

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

That little quirk doesn't even rank up near the top 10 of really tiresome gimmicks in FGO's writing to be honest.

Just off the top of my head, Tesla's and Edison's AC versus DC bickering got to the point that I groan out loud the moment their portraits show up in a story segment.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sophism posted:

That little quirk doesn't even rank up near the top 10 of really tiresome gimmicks in FGO's writing to be honest.

Just off the top of my head, Tesla's and Edison's AC versus DC bickering got to the point that I groan out loud the moment their portraits show up in a story segment.

I think my most hated quirk is Scherezade's saying "I don't want to die." Every other sentence.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
this is going to pay NA FGO dividends next summer and in valentines 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Other posted:

Yeah in future i'd rather that she didn't talk like a half baked kawaikochan knock off. It comes off like someone's pet joke that nobody ever reigned in, cute the first few times and tiring once it quickly wears out it's welcome
Yeah this is about my take. In small doses its funny but its just insanely overdone, and it sucks because a lot of okkis stuff is legitimately hilarious on its own. It doesnt need this much punchup.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder what proportion of the english fanbase have no grasp of any Japanese whatsoever and are genuinely flummoxed when Okkie just replaces words wholesale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder what proportion of the english fanbase have no grasp of any Japanese whatsoever and are genuinely flummoxed when Okkie just replaces words wholesale.

It took me a moment to remember what 'sekai' means. I think they did overdo it by replacing words whose meaning isn't apparent by context or that someone wouln't pick up by casual contact with Japanese media.