Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019
Gen X are just Boomers 2: Electric boogaloo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Boomers like to constantly joke about how weather forecasts are always wrong and then complain when it was right and they're caught outside unprepared. Especially if they're in an outdoor venue that doesn't have any of the gear they need.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Picnic Princess posted:

Boomers like to constantly joke about how weather forecasts are always wrong

in a similar vein, every winter its "pretty cold out today, we sure could use some of that global warming right about now huh"

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

kecske posted:

in a similar vein, every winter its "pretty cold out today, we sure could use some of that global warming right about now huh"

"This extreme weather and increasingly bad winter storms are all the proof you need to see that climate change is a liberal lie!" - boomers

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

bonelessdongs posted:

Gen X are just Boomers 2: Electric boogaloo
Nah there are still some cool Gen-Xers, it's just that the ones that are bad tended to be really bad and/or gently caress the cultural conversation by being dipshits (the South Park guys come to mind).

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

Nah there are still some cool Gen-Xers, it's just that the ones that are bad tended to be really bad and/or gently caress the cultural conversation by being dipshits (the South Park guys come to mind).

The guys on the boomer/gen x line are always the loving worst.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 26, 2019

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh yeah, and Scott Adams and John K, who are technically Boomers but right on the line and absolutely garbage fires masquerading as people.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The last few episodes of SP I saw can be summed up as "gently caress Amazon & Bezos" followed by "gently caress China" so...that was refreshing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

They tend to stumble into that by virtue of being reflexively contrarian and extremely talented as comedians. Like for all the poo poo I give them the SP crew are insanely good at making jokes and constructing that show.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Boomer men love Leatherman multi-tools holstered in their leather belt sheath right next to their cell phone belt holster right next to their giant key ring full of keys hanging off a belt loop on their carpenter jorts.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

"Y'never know when you'll need a Leatherman," the Boomer man said as he unsheathes his Leatherman multi-tool to open a letter.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Elf bowling

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I liked elf bowling back when it was a thing. Please tell me people aren't still playing it

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

You Are A Elf posted:

"Y'never know when you'll need a Leatherman," the Boomer man said as he unsheathes his Leatherman multi-tool to open a letter.

I have a Knife Dad and he does this all the time with Leathermans and pocket knives.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Today I witnessed a Boomer neighbor wait till dark to blow every leaf from his yard into the street.

I saw another one at the grocery store pass by a line of two customers with a black cashier in favor of a white one with like five customers. Shine on, you old loving qtip. Shine on.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
What we really need around these parts is a good strong fuckin' flu season.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Hibachi grills

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
What’s wrong with a Leatherman? Although if I am carrying one I use the pocket clips so it’s not hanging off my belt like I’m a discount rent-a-cop.

Are Millennials killing multitools too?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Krispy Wafer posted:

What’s wrong with a Leatherman? Although if I am carrying one I use the pocket clips so it’s not hanging off my belt like I’m a discount rent-a-cop.

nothing is wrong with a Leatherman if you actually use it and don't just carry it around to show off with it, and if you're not a smug shill every time you use it

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Krispy Wafer posted:

Ostentatious everyday carry. They remind me of that labeled NASA goon pic.

Boomers love anything ostentatious.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I carry a multitool in my purse. Being prepared and handy is timeless.

naem
May 29, 2011

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

razorrozar posted:

nothing is wrong with a Leatherman if you actually use it and don't just carry it around to show off with it, and if you're not a smug shill every time you use it

Yeah. I've carried around a Leatherman Wave for ages but I actually use it for stuff like building computers, using the pliers to bend things and de-bone fish, basic repairs, etc. A boomer is gonna buy the largest one they make (or one of the specialized models like the ones for bomb squad techs) and use it as a letter opener or to tighten a screw on their glasses.

Or if they're a cop/joined the coast guard reserves to avoid 'Nam, it'll be a Gerber instead.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

attending the funerals of high school classmates

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Highschool reunions in general

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Barudak posted:

Seriously, neither I nor anyone I know have ever been invited to a high school reunion.

Meanwhile, I got an invite postcard for the lady who lived in my house before me. It was in Texas, so... maybe a South thing?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

A friend of mine asked her mother if she was going to her 50th (I think) high school reunion and her response was "No. I hated those mother fuckers then and I hate those mother fuckers now.". Her mom is pretty great.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Oct 27, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I still stand confidently saying if you enjoyed high school you were probably one of the fuckers making it miserable for everyone else and deserve the guillotine.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I still stand confidently saying if you enjoyed high school you were probably one of the fuckers making it miserable for everyone else and deserve the guillotine.

I remember when I was a teenager boomers would frequently tell me that "High school is the best years of your life!". Even back then I knew they were full of poo poo and when I got a little older I also realized that those people are loving losers.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I enjoyed high school. Most of my classmates were pretty chill. For me grade school was where all the cliques and drama happened.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

High school reunions were more a thing from when you couldn't just casually chat with your old friends over the internet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

CPL593H posted:

I remember when I was a teenager boomers would frequently tell me that "High school is the best years of your life!". Even back then I knew they were full of poo poo and when I got a little older I also realized that those people are loving losers.

Always made me think "No wonder the teen suicide rate is so high".

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Saw a scene from that pixar inside out where the dad sends the kid to their room and realized how hosed up it is knowing we use isolation as a form of general punishment.

Especially after you understand how isolation really effects a human being's mind.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I mean they literally had a campaign to curb LGBT teen suicide titled 'It Gets Better' with the message that high school is NOT the best years of your life. And it's also pretty applicable to a lot of non-LGBT teens.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 27, 2019

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

high school is institutionalized child abuse so boomers LOVE it

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

pookel posted:

They were early Boomers (1949) and I'm a younger Gen X (1977).

wait isn't gen x like 65-80/81? i don't think you're as young in your gen as you may think. hell, you're drat near millenial - it gets blurry right around that ~1980 mark

that said i remember being called Gen Y before millenial caught on and am sad it didn't just stay that. i dunno why but millenial is the worst. probably bc of the ongoing Millenial-Boomer Wars of 20XX

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Oct 27, 2019

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yes. Early on it was thought Gen X was "only" 75-80 though, which was weird. That was back when "Generation Jones" was considered a thing.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I thought Douglas Coupland invented the term ‘Gen X’ with his book of the same name and it was always 1965-late Seventies? Like, Baby Boomers were originally 1945-1958 because the true Baby Boom ended in ‘58 due to a big recession.

The Boomer generation only expanded to 1964 because of the media’s tendency to want to neatly generalize - people born in, say, 1963 had a completely different experience growing up that the archetypical ‘hosed in the mud while on acid in Woodstock’ Boomers who’s adult life was one big Ez-Mode RPG.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

wait isn't gen x like 65-80/81? i don't think you're as young in your gen as you may think. hell, you're drat near millenial - it gets blurry right around that ~1980 mark

that said i remember being called Gen Y before millenial caught on and am sad it didn't just stay that. i dunno why but millenial is the worst. probably bc of the ongoing Millenial-Boomer Wars of 20XX

I think they meant younger, as in younger than many other Gen-Xers, not born early into the generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Barudak posted:

My dad went to his 50th. One guy's daughter showed up in place of her father who I guess died a few years earlier. That's some impressive boomer guilt.