Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Natsecjeff/status/1188277689758703618?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, looks like they think it's him.

https://twitter.com/StevenBeynon/status/1188284241739685889

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

oh right on time for Sunday morning shows

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

He really wants this to be his Obama/Bin Laden moment. "He was a very bad man. Very very bad. Many people are saying that no one ever could have caught him. But I'm not no one. I bet Pocahontas and Shifty Schiff wouldn't have caught him. They'd probably make him prime minister of the senate. Hey check out my hotels if you're white."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The whole quote instead of the half quote chopped off in the middle for maximum yikes is the same answer lots of black parents give their kids re: police interaction. The only thing he left off was probably stating that he is likely getting pulled over for a made up offense or driving while black.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

sharknado slashfic posted:

He really wants this to be his Obama/Bin Laden moment. "He was a very bad man. Very very bad. Many people are saying that no one ever could have caught him. But I'm not no one. I bet Pocahontas and Shifty Schiff wouldn't have caught him. They'd probably make him prime minister of the senate. Hey check out my hotels if you're white."

I'm not gonna say how far into this quote I got before I realized it wasn't real, but nice work.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Baghadi dead but Syria is still hosed.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I’m having a hard time believing we got al-Baghdadi if they’re going to wait until tomorrow morning to announce it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

I’m having a hard time believing we got al-Baghdadi if they’re going to wait until tomorrow morning to announce it.

Welcome to the last three years, already in-progress

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Baghdadi doesn't have the mainstream brand awareness of Bin Laden.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's just poor marketing

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Time to dust off the "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner and set it up on the set of Fox and Friends.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Trump doing the hulk hogan thing where he holding his hands up to his ears to pump up the crowd

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Bet you they shot Baghdadi so that Trump wouldn't have a chance to talk to him and then immediately make the best deal ever and surrender to ISIS.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

gently caress

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

The OP is a Kamala stan who edited out the full answer to make Bernie look bad on black politics

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Millions of Americans: Baghdad who? I thought we were done with Iraq?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Victor Vermis posted:

gently caress

The only way to find the perfect person is to get religious.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Godholio posted:

Don't tempt them.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Godholio posted:

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but uh...

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
What was he supposed to say, fight the guy?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

No, utter bullshit trip to Spokane. Who the gently caress wants to fly to Spokane?
We dropped a bill at ClinkerDagger for dinner last night, it was delicious. Try the wagu meatloaf Wellington if you get a chance.
Other than that we could have watched this from VTC and spoke with people on the phone.

I don't remember what I had at Clinkerdagger, but I remember it was delicious. Had breakfast at Satellite Lounge which was also very good.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump...ingawful.com%2F

edit: they're saying Baghdadi detonated his suicide vest so trump won't have any pictures of release thankfully. well I loving hope he doesn't release a picture of a pile of body parts

double edit:

looks like they blew everyone nearby him the gently caress up as well

https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1188397468779765761?s=19

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 27, 2019

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
All the media reporting Baghdadi got got. Good job Trump, you scooped yourself.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone wanna take bets on how long it will be before Donnie GoodBrains and staff let leak classified details of the raid that the public really has no business knowing?

Also: ISIS has some serious OPSEC and Counterintelligence gaps that have only hurt them more and more as things have progressed. Just look at what OSINT online types have been able to put together on ISIS.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
So apparently his head was intact after he blew himself up.

I bet trump asked if he could display it during his press conference

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wanna know how to know it wasn’t Seal Team 6? They haven’t taken credit for it yet.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I think it was delta and rangers. That's what some tweets have said

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Wanna know how to know it wasn’t Seal Team 6? They haven’t taken credit for it yet.

Yeah no book deal announced yet

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I think it was delta and rangers. That's what some tweets have said

That would explain the relative lack of leaks compared to the bin laden raid

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

That Works posted:

Yeah no book deal announced yet

That’s what Trump’s gonna announce.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

That’s what Trump’s gonna announce.
I DID IT ME ALL ME NO COLLUSION NO IMPEACHMENT

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Delta is way better than SEALs in pretty much every way.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Princess White Trash called Esquire to cry after an unflattering portrait of Jared.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MonkeyDLenny/status/1187498568266997760

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bored As gently caress posted:

Delta is way better than SEALs in pretty much every way.

Please tell me more.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Please tell me more.

Well for one thing they don't canoe peoples heads or carry tomahawks like loving Norseaboos, nor do they murder Green Berets.

A lot of them are former Green Berets as well. So... much less likely to murder them.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

lol who cares

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

I was doing a show and tell for some school groups at a base community event last week, like 5th/6th graders, and some of them were asking some really weird questions. Stuff like "what happens if you're fighting the enemy and they get a spy into your plane?" I just responded with "that's, uhh, not a thing that happens," but it occurred to me that they're probably getting that stuff from video game mechanics. That's just how kids understand the military these days.

Back in the 80's it was probably questions based on GI Joe toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

this presser for the raid is pretty uhhhh not good