Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

TNA still existing makes me realize that the WWE is never going anywhere.

If TNA can still somehow hang on after everything it's been through, then the WWE, no matter how bad it gets, will be with us forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It blows my mind that the NWA still exists as an entity and now has a TV show of some kind?

Not as much as the fact that TNA still exists.

They have a TV show in as much every back yard wrestling fed on youtube does.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is it passé to get a poster for an event you never went to?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Is it passé to get a poster for an event you never went to?

Who cares (and who cares if someone does care), if you like it, get it

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Then I’m getting the Full Gear poster as soon as it comes out.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Pollyanna posted:

Then I’m getting the Full Gear poster as soon as it comes out.

Are you going to order it on PPV? Then of course you should order the poster.

Hell, even if you were to watch at like a bar or something then you're still giving them at least a little money by ordering the poster.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I assume I can buy the PPV online?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Pollyanna posted:

I assume I can buy the PPV online?

BR Live in the US or Canada, and Fite.tv elsewhere around the world

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Cameo posted:

I seem to recall that the actual reality of the Summerslam 99 finish being what it was came down to Jesse Ventura being in office at the time and not wanting to have his face next to the company’s big bad guy, raising his hand, after weeks of putting them on clear opposite sides in the build. He felt it wouldn’t be good for his image as governor. Austin had no problems dropping the title to just about anyone if they were built up as a legit challenger, especially then, since he was on the way to neck surgery in a couple of months anyway. The Foley win was Vince compromising with Jesse, not with Austin.

I believe Austin also felt that HHH wasn't ready to be The Guy at that point. (And he wasn't wrong.)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Timby posted:

I believe Austin also felt that HHH wasn't ready to be The Guy at that point. (And he wasn't wrong.)

It was partially Austin but mostly not wanting to have Ventura count for a heel.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kvantum posted:

BR Live in the US or Canada, and Fite.tv elsewhere around the world

Fite in Canada, too

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

NWA Powerrr is pretty cool. Like, I don't know it's not a replacement for big arena type wrestling but it is a nice supplement. I can't imagine having NWA as the only show I'm watching but if you're following AEW and think like, what other show would I like to add to my wrestling menu I'd put NWA above all the other C tier leagues (ROH, Impact, MLW, probably more I'm not even remembering).

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

NWA Powerrr is pretty cool. Like, I don't know it's not a replacement for big arena type wrestling but it is a nice supplement. I can't imagine having NWA as the only show I'm watching but if you're following AEW and think like, what other show would I like to add to my wrestling menu I'd put NWA above all the other C tier leagues (ROH, Impact, MLW, probably more I'm not even remembering).

It being on YouTube really helps.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

who has the best 450 splash

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

John Kronus

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Worst Shooting Star Press botch?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Kidman.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Brock Lesnar. If the dude's neck wasn't thicker than his head he probably would have broken it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Coaaab posted:

Brock Lesnar got a ton of hype in OVW for doing the SSP at his size, they built it up as a huge moment for his Mania main event against Angle ... and then he landed right on his loving head and never tried the movie again.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

You can see the split-second reaction on Regals' face go from "ok get ready to take the move" to "oh god damnit what the gently caress did you do"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the worst one was when he caved in chavo's eye socket.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

CopywrightMMXI posted:

When Sid had his “winning streak” during the Goldberg feud was it played up seriously or tongue in cheek?

It was never taken seriously.

The man would come out to the ring after matches and powerbomb people, pin them and add them to streak.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Kidman's SSP was ugly as balls even when he did it correctly.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Coaaab posted:

Marek Brave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmkRKy3Woms Warning, video has loud bad music.

Co-owner of Black & Brave Wrestling School with Seth Rollins.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Marek Brave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmkRKy3Woms Warning, video has loud bad music.

Co-owner of Black & Brave Wrestling School with Seth Rollins.

Yeah, but look at the veteran smarts of Chuck Taylor jumping up off the table to keep the action going. A pro even over a decade ago.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

It's a fun, compact show that looks and feels unlike anything else out there. The wrestling itself is mostly solid but not amazing, but they have some really excellent and charismatic talkers there and they let them improv pretty much everything as far as I've understood. Give the first episode a watch and see if you like it!

Jerusalem posted:

Watch the first episode for sure, if you don't like that you won't like the show in general. Second episode was kinda weak but the third episode was a ton of fun, I legit look forward to watching the NWA every week at the moment and it's a weird and alien sensation.
thank you friends, i will give it a shot

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Man, some of these SSP botches could get real hideous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh7wgcL9FhA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hru72uVmUn4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCYrDCGO150

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

That last one, holy poo poo how did he not die?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He passed out sometime after the match and went into a coma because of complications from blood flow and brain swelling, and died after 9 days in the hospital.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

He passed out sometime after the match and went into a coma because of complications from blood flow and brain swelling, and died after 9 days in the hospital.

:smith:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
That's not true, it's Jody Fleisch. He didn't die because he's made of whatever Jack Evans is made of.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Deathlove posted:

That's not true, it's Jody Fleisch. He didn't die because he's made of whatever Jack Evans is made of.

Rubber and anti-gravity particles.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He's gone.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Vandar posted:

TNA still existing makes me realize that the WWE is never going anywhere.

If TNA can still somehow hang on after everything it's been through, then the WWE, no matter how bad it gets, will be with us then, now, forever.

Ftfy

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/RealKevinNash/status/1174790872128507913

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1188349596038238208?s=20

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo:

I have more muscular legs than this dude and I’m a sedentary hambeast.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
weren't his legs already shot from basketball by the time he broke in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:stonklol: