Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

silvergoose posted:

Same but excavator, crane, dump truck, etc. Kid is really into construction vehicles, and now we are too.

I took a video of a crane lifting an a/c chiller to the roof of a building a week ago, and my nephew was captivated by the video. He even has a toy crane the same color (yellow).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/_sjpeace_/status/1186654340087533569?s=21

my mom like to let me go to school dressed as a Ninja Turtle and didn’t care when I started smoking pot, so I got nothing to complain about

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
that kid is so stoked. that owns.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
if you missed it yesterday, laws that legalise gay marriage and access to abortion in Northern Ireland are now confirmed to take effect in early 2020. The legal chicanery that was needed to get those laws in place mean most news articles stray from the Happy Thread vibe, but previously abortion in NI was governed by the 1861 Offences Against the Person Act, so change is welcome and long overdue.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Scientists have trained rats to drive tiny cars to collect food

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2220721-scientists-have-trained-rats-to-drive-tiny-cars-to-collect-food/

quote:

Learning to drive seemed to relax the rats. The researchers assessed this by measuring levels of two hormones: corticosterone, a marker of stress, and dehydroepiandrosterone, which counteracts stress. The ratio of dehydroepiandrosterone to corticosterone in the rats’ faeces increased over the course of their driving training.

This finding echoes Lambert’s previous work showing that rats become less stressed after they master difficult tasks like digging up buried food. They may get the same kind of satisfaction as we get when we perfect a new skill, she says. “In humans, we call this self-efficacy or agency.”

There's video of rats driving

100 HOGS AGREE has issued a correction as of 18:50 on Oct 23, 2019

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Scientists have trained rats to drive tiny cars to collect food

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2220721-scientists-have-trained-rats-to-drive-tiny-cars-to-collect-food/

There's video of rats driving

Uber already revising their pitch for their next round of investors.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1187088925719969793?s=21

More in the thread. She runs him over with a goddamn truck.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

Someone needs his firmware upgraded.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Hell yeah. A friend of mine who I haven't seen in like 10 years is coming to visit me tonight. I sent her a text out of the middle of nowhere telling her that weed was gonna be cheap in her state because of a recent law in Oregon and she told me she was like 30 minutes from my place. I said to come crash here instead of sleeping in her car and she's on her way here now. Her nickname is Commie and she fuckin rocks.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That's awesome

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I know that's super lame compared to some of the happy thread stuff but Commie is one of my best friends from high school. We both moved out to the west coast after a lil bit after high school but we're both poor as gently caress and haven't been able to make the trip to see each other. She's on her way down to LA for a class and is driving right by my town, fuckin perfect timing to hit her up.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
no that owns. smoke weed with your friends.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

no that owns. smoke weed with your friends.

both of us aren't smoking weed anymore so lol. i'm doing it for work and she's doing it cause her girlfriend doesn't get down with it.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

girlfriend let your friend smoke some dang weed with her buddies when she's outta town

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Pipski posted:

Already better driving than Tesla, and they're loving rats.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Pipski posted:

Something something a joke about the rat race.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

chitoryu12 posted:

e: NM, twitter thread

Nebakenezzer has issued a correction as of 14:19 on Oct 24, 2019

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/profwolff/status/1187409918661419008?s=20

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

:yeshaha:

chitoryu12 posted:

AOC continues to be one of the best things to happen to congress in a long rear end time

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

this is more fun-happy than hope-happy or whatever but someone in my town is gearing up for Halloween

it works, saw a few people driving it down the slow downtown streets the other day, gave me a lmao

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"No officer, I don't have an open container in the vehicle!" *drop*

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
when I was 12 years old my older teenage brother was arrested for murder and sentenced to 25 years in prison.

with good behavior and lots of hard work, my brother got his sentence reduced, and after 19 years he is finally sitting in the car next to my mother, and they are on their way to his probation officer to get a document signed, and then he is coming home to live with our mother, free and safe and sound.

this is a very big, very emotional day for my family. I live with my younger brother and his wife, I moved down South a few years ago so that we could be closer to his prison and be a family again after many years of estrangement, and today is the day.

as a family, as a unit, no one single day has occupied more of our time or energy, all of our plans for the future begin and end with my brother coming home, and in just a few hours we’ll all be at my mom’s condo, together.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

quote:

as a family, as a unit, no one single day has occupied more of our time or energy, all of our plans for the future begin and end with my brother coming home, and in just a few hours we’ll all be at my mom’s condo, together.
Congratulations! This sounds incredibly huge and life-changing for all of you. I am glad that he has such a dedicated support structure.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

why does the rat car video from cleus have stock footage and voiceovers and poo poo. I just want a solid hour of rats navigating increasingly complex courses in their tiny cars

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bust Rodd posted:

when I was 12 years old my older teenage brother was arrested for murder and sentenced to 25 years in prison.

with good behavior and lots of hard work, my brother got his sentence reduced, and after 19 years he is finally sitting in the car next to my mother, and they are on their way to his probation officer to get a document signed, and then he is coming home to live with our mother, free and safe and sound.

this is a very big, very emotional day for my family. I live with my younger brother and his wife, I moved down South a few years ago so that we could be closer to his prison and be a family again after many years of estrangement, and today is the day.

he was sentenced for more than twice his lifetime (thus far)
thats some bs

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

got any sevens posted:

he was sentenced for more than twice his lifetime (thus far)
thats some bs

Bust Rodd was 12; I don’t think we know how old his brother was.

I’m glad you’ll be reunited and can start to rebuild as a family!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Buy him an account

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Buy him an account

And ruin his life just as he's set free?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Bust Rodd was 12; I don’t think we know how old his brother was.

I’m glad you’ll be reunited and can start to rebuild as a family!

It was his "older teenage brother"

So yeah, anywhere from more than half to exactly half his life in jail.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cthulu Carl posted:

It was his "older teenage brother"

So yeah, anywhere from more than half to exactly half his life in jail.

oh, quite right. thanks

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Rudy Giuliani butt dialed a reporter and possibly left a voicemail of his conversation about a bribe and more political interference.

quote:

“You know, Charles would have a hard time with a fraud case 'cause he didn’t do any due diligence,” he said at the start. Then, he said, “I gotta get you to get on Bahrain.”

Shortly after that, Giuliani asked if “Robert” was around. A man replied that he was in Turkey. Giuliani responded, “The problem is we need some money” and then added, “We need a few hundred thousand.”

The rest of the call was difficult to make out, Schapiro wrote. He said during an appearance on MSNBC that he had “no idea what he’s talking about with regard to Charles and Bahrain.” “The recording is muffled so it’s difficult to discern exactly what they’re talking about,” Schapiro said on MSNBC. “But it’s certainly intriguing, and I can tell you I did not go to sleep that night expecting to wake up that morning with a three-minute voice mail from Rudolph W. Giuliani.”

He reached out to Giuliani afterward, he said, but had “yet to receive an intentional or an unintentional call back.”

Giuliani has not returned calls from The Post, either, as of late — although Post reporters, too, have received the occasional butt dial from him.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

why stop at reenacting

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Personal happy news: I just got engaged to my best friend!

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

VikingofRock posted:

Congrats! Have you told them yet?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

VikingofRock posted:

Congratulations, and good job on finding happiness :)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

VikingofRock posted:

I wish you a beautiful lifetime of listening to each other, being patient, and touching each other’s butts as often as possible.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

VikingofRock posted:

:glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It's my birthday today! I am officially 30 years old and not to be trusted anymore