Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
lol, CNN just bailed on the presser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump is just free associating about ISIS torture videos and no I'm not kidding.

This is completely insane and you can tell the reporters present are really confused

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

FizFashizzle posted:

Trump is just free associating about ISIS torture videos and no I'm not kidding.

CNN cut away and I'm gonna take this opportunity to bow out and maybe lol at the highlights later

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
“The canine, a beautiful dog, a talented dog, was injured and brought back”

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

bornbytheriver posted:

Greatest terrorist leader. Are you loving kidding me?

Gavrilo Princip? Neverheardofim!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’m glad the Trump is so incompetent that he can’t take what might have been a minor win and not completely botch it into a PR embarrassment.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1188215280973074432?s=21

Facebook’s position now is that ads bought directly by the candidate won’t be fact checked or moderated, but ads by PACs will be.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
he's literally saying he predicted 9/11 now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This is why he can't give press conferences; he just can't shut up.

All he needed to do was announce it at a podium, thank the hard work of many, say god bless, and let the morning shows suck his dick.

Instead he's calling straight up to annex oil fields, giving away mission critical information, talking up ISIS murder videos, and even now he's claiming he wrote a book before 9/11 telling people to take out Osama Bin Laden even though no one had heard of him.

Oh my god what the gently caress

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
This is NUTS!!!!! Trump just keeps calling Bin Laden handsome.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

FizFashizzle posted:

All he needed to do was announce it at a podium, thank the hard work of many, say god bless, and let the morning shows suck his dick.

Instead he's calling straight up to annex oil fields, giving away mission critical information, talking up ISIS murder videos, and even now he's claiming he wrote a book before 9/11 telling people to take out Osama Bin Laden even though no one had heard of him.

Example one million of how lucky we are that our first fascist leader ended up being an incompetent braindead boob.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

"He had a very powerful suicide vest."

Xaiter
Dec 16, 2007

Everything is AWESOME!

FizFashizzle posted:

Also, Baghdadi was the biggest, baddest terrorist ever. And no one has ever heard of OBL.

I just... Does he think his reality distortion field is powerful enough to warp even this part of the American psyche? It can't possibly be.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

FizFashizzle posted:

He's already preempted Meet the Press.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

You could tell the written speech ended like 8 minutes in after he thanked everyone who contributed and then he's now 30 minutes past that just rambling on about literally whatever pops into his mind

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

1glitch0 posted:

This is NUTS!!!!! Trump just keeps calling Bin Laden handsome.

You ever see that (non-confirmed) picture of him in a gi? He looked pretty good.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Xaiter posted:

Also, Baghdadi was the biggest, baddest terrorist ever. And no one has ever heard of OBL.

I just... Does he think his reality distortion field is powerful enough to warp even this part of the American psyche? It can't possibly be.

I mean, just reading the highlights is giving me organic brain disease so maybe it’s working.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

The dog died, but the robot lived.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Now Trump is free associating about al baghdadi holding kayla mueller hostage and raping her right after talking about calling her parents.

And he goes out on that note.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
The Russian news channels say 2 wives and 1 child. Did Trump actually say 3 children?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

bornbytheriver posted:

The Russian news channels say 2 wives and 1 child. Did Trump actually say 3 children?

Yes, repeatedly

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1188454635243278336

Gang of Seven, apparently.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Piell posted:

Yes, repeatedly

Maybe the Russians knew too much. The Russian news says that 7 people killed, including 2nd in command.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

FizFashizzle posted:

Now Trump is free associating about al baghdadi holding kayla mueller hostage and raping her right after talking about calling her parents.

And he goes out on that note.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
/\ He's not, at all

It was nice of him to at least make sure to comment on her looks, that's always a good thing to say about victims while you talk about what they went through

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He also said the reason he didn't is because he didn't want it to leak.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

RandomBlue posted:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

No, that's totally accurate

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Jealous Cow posted:

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1188215280973074432?s=21

Facebook’s position now is that ads bought directly by the candidate won’t be fact checked or moderated, but ads by PACs will be.

They do realize that nitpicking their rules just mean they'll get trolled more and more, right?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I think I'm about to peace out, but my take away from this madness:

All the dogs are dead.

Terrorists are good looking.

People continue to call Trump "Sir".

Thank you, Russia!

A lot of information was given out that I probably didn't catch but will be very helpful to people with a higher pay grade.

The United States is stealing all the oil and giving it to Exxon.

No children were killed in the operation, except the children who were killed.

Watching a serious military operation is like watching a movie.

Jack Tapper and CNN are filled with Nazis.

All the dogs are dead.

Welcome to Sunday morning!!

Caros
May 14, 2008

Are we sure he didn't just finish playing modern warfare? The description here kind of sounds like modern warfare.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Caros posted:

Are we sure he didn't just finish playing modern warfare? The description here kind of sounds like modern warfare.

He let Barron put an Xbox One in the situation room and was vastly confused

Caros
May 14, 2008

pacerhimself posted:

He let Barron put an Xbox One in the situation room and was vastly confused

It was like watching a movie.

Just got into this press conference and holy gently caress does it go to poo poo as soon as he gets into Q&A.

More to poo poo, anyways.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it rules that they did such a bad job of this story that, 48 hours from now, we will only remember it because Trump will be furiously tweeting about how no one gives him credit for killing Osama Bin Laden

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I was worried that fate had handed Trump a win in the middle of his impeachment saga, but nope.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Caros posted:

Apparently because that’s one of the fail states of a mission. I guess Barron kept loving up the level

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Slowpoke! posted:

I was worried that fate had handed Trump a win in the middle of his impeachment saga, but nope.

You'd figure that right? Easily a big political score for any other administration. But for Trump he has to Trump it all up and make an even bigger idiot of himself, which is actually impressive because I didn't think that was possible.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Don’t forget that Obama announced the death of Bin Laden literally the day after he humiliated Trump at the Correspondents’ Dinner. It completely wiped any of Trump’s whining off the news, even Fox. This is the culmination of his revenge - he probably has convinced himself that taking out al-Baghdadi is a much bigger deal than Bin Laden. Even if this requires the formation of the absolutely ludicrous idea that 9/11 was just small beans in America. This might be the best moment in his life.

He will be whining for the rest of his days that the press didn’t give him enough credit for this.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Otteration posted:

Rachel Maddow Confronts Her NBC News Bosses Live, on the Air
nytimes.com/Oct. 26, 2019
"The MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow publicly confronted the leadership of her own network on Friday night, declaring live on air that she and other NBC News employees had deep concerns about whether the organization had stymied Ronan Farrow’s reporting on the movie mogul Harvey Weinstein."

[Don't watch the TV news, so don't know what's up with that.]

i heard on the NPRs that the reporter investigating Weinstein went to their boss and basically got shut down 'it's not news, who cares'; reporter had to shop it around instead. Unsurprisingly turns out said boss has a history of being a shithead.

Since its NPR they then spend 15 minutes on the CLINTON CONNECTION

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm still chuckling over the timing of this announcement. Trump waits until 0900 on a Sunday morning, when most of his base is probably either at church or headed there. I guess it was perfectly timed to get the hosts of Sunday talk shows to fellate him, but I'm guessing the death of Baghdadi will be promptly forgotten as soon as the next round of impeachment questioning begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
They also made a decision not to talk about body parts when they announced OBL's death. But more than anything, if I remember it correctly, the Obama administration were concerned how the killing of OBL would be seen by the Islamic world.