Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

GOONS attacked someone's nation in a browser based nation simulation game on the internet. In order to get peace he had to film himself eating fish food.

This contrats to previous pet food eating incidents, wherein a goon ate dog food entirely of his own volition and a pubbie either ate cat food entirely of his own volition or made his younger brother eat cat food entirely of his own volition.

e: really you should recruit this guy he actually did it on time and followed the instructions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The dog food goon had a nice rug.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Recoome posted:

what the gently caress am I seeing here

e: like more specifically the schoolkid eating fish flakes

he attacked goons, he was given options with the comedy option of "eat fish flakes".

He chose to eat fish flakes over a browser game.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Aesculus posted:

GOONS attacked someone's nation in a browser based nation simulation game on the internet. In order to get peace he had to film himself eating fish food.

This contrats to previous pet food eating incidents, wherein a goon ate dog food entirely of his own volition and a pubbie either ate cat food entirely of his own volition or made his younger brother eat cat food entirely of his own volition.

e: really you should recruit this guy he actually did it on time and followed the instructions

not the worst thing to happen probably

i do like the fash-bashing angle here, the effort to reward ratio looks pretty neat

e:

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

he attacked goons, he was given options with the comedy option of "eat fish flakes".

hahahaha

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

And the other two options were writing a 300 word essay about Brexit or drawing a loss edit 4-panel comic apologizing for what they did.

But no, they chose fishfood.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Recoome posted:

not the worst thing to happen probably

i do like the fash-bashing angle here, the effort to reward ratio looks pretty neat

e:

hahahaha

If you play baseball you are almost guaranteed tears within hours. Our discord is pretty active and neat as a community as well.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
https://politicsandwar.com/world/color/voting/

We are three (or four?) votes away from changing the entire bloc's name to BLACK Lives Matter whether they want it or not.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

This is your time to Join for the cause!!

Behotti
Apr 30, 2008
Fun Shoe
Join the cause and YOU too can get quality messages from our intelligent enemies such as this:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I tried joining the cause but you jerks won't accept my application.

It's only been a day, but still.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Ditocoaf posted:

I tried joining the cause but you jerks won't accept my application.

It's only been a day, but still.

Are you on the Discord? You gotta be on the Discord.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

It's like I'm seeing chat logs from 15 years ago from when I used to trash talk on... Halo? Was that it?

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-sPXHQK8H0

This is basically how we're running baseball in this game now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Typhon just lost six more members in the past day and dropped four places in the ranking as a result. We might be able to knock them out of the top 50 with enough time.

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

Just started, app is done etc. I've been playing a lot of baseball and the game asked me to do a captcha thing because it suspected I may be a bot.

I've won a couple of games, lost most! I have an average score of about 2.75 or something and someone with an average of 86.something beat me 32 runs to 1.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
welcome to goonball

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Dog Pipes posted:

Just started, app is done etc. I've been playing a lot of baseball and the game asked me to do a captcha thing because it suspected I may be a bot.

I've won a couple of games, lost most! I have an average score of about 2.75 or something and someone with an average of 86.something beat me 32 runs to 1.

Hosting home games will make 30x more money per game than merely winning an away game will, once you're decently upgraded.

Baseball isn't so much a sport as it is an international money laundering scheme.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Solumin posted:

Hosting home games will make 30x more money per game than merely winning an away game will, once you're decently upgraded.

Baseball isn't so much a sport as it is an international money laundering scheme.

yeah don't worry about wins and losses, just get your team and stadium to max quality and host home games and rake in the dough (and play aways to help other goons make their money)

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Set up a glorious new empire of love, and embargoed a racist with a confederate flag. Is that really one of the flag options or did he do something special to advertise his racism?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

OzyMandrill posted:

Set up a glorious new empire of love, and embargoed a racist with a confederate flag. Is that really one of the flag options or did he do something special to advertise his racism?

you can upload a custom flag in the Nation>Edit menu. here's mine

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Are you on the Discord? You gotta be on the Discord.

Yeah! I filled out the application and stuff. Just waiting to be approved because hopefully the discord will tell me what the heck is going on.

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?
I am not quite sure what is going on here and this whole shebang doesn't really seem like my bag/the kind of thing I can be bothered to you (I tried CyberNations once back in the day but strongly disliked it and found NationStates to be more my sort of bag) but what you are all doing seems incredible so all power to you

Unless of course you can convince me to establish the Combined Catboy Syndicates or something

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

razorrozar posted:

you can upload a custom flag in the Nation>Edit menu. here's mine

...you mind if I borrow this?

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

I'm alternating home/away games for pitiful amounts of money, but everyone I play seems to be a goon atm.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

OzyMandrill posted:

I'm alternating home/away games for pitiful amounts of money, but everyone I play seems to be a goon atm.

If you don't have a 100 rated team, you shouldn't be playing aways. Also, you should probably hop on discord, and get baseball funds.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

The Shortest Path posted:

...you mind if I borrow this?

go right ahead!

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

Mux posted:

If you don't have a 100 rated team, you shouldn't be playing aways. Also, you should probably hop on discord, and get baseball funds.

Waiting in registration tho I gave my username instead of the URL to my profile page, which may have disqualified me for ineptitude, which would be sad as that is one of the defining qualities of a good goon grunt.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
The Principality of Farts has applied for the Goon alliance, let's see if I can figure out how this works

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Currently there's about 5000 active players (from the number of active players in the last week) and more than 14000 accounts. The goal is to push this down as low as Goonily possible, but we can't do it without your help. Goons currently make up about 2% of the active player base and every bit helps.

JOIN GOONs TODAY

Dog Pipes
Jan 17, 2015

OzyMandrill posted:

Waiting in registration tho I gave my username instead of the URL to my profile page, which may have disqualified me for ineptitude, which would be sad as that is one of the defining qualities of a good goon grunt.

You get 6 million dongs given to you (no laughing at the back) by our Communist alliance at the start, which I've gone through trying to get my cities up to scratch but I'm still a bit short. Ineptitude central in the Soviet Republic of Mercia.

Just going to be clicking baseball games for like 8 hours tomorrow.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

I've declared a bunch of wars. They pay more than baseball at least, and there's a good supply of inactive nazis to raid.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I am a homosexual

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
:frogsiren: Another GOONS milestone has been reached!! :frogsiren:

Thanks to you all, the bloc name is now officially BLACK LIVES MATTER. Fantastic work.

Lets keep up the train of loving this game up for assholes, bit by bit. :getin:

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

OzyMandrill posted:

I've declared a bunch of wars. They pay more than baseball at least, and there's a good supply of inactive nazis to raid.

You're doing baseball wrong. :colbert:

I have no idea what went wrong with your discord registration, but try pinging @GOONS Government to get things sorted out if you haven't already. Getting setup in discord is actually really important.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You know how I said Typhon's been losing members? It looks like a lot of them are being punted down to Applicant status.

https://politicsandwar.com/alliance/id=4214

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

You know how I said Typhon's been losing members? It looks like a lot of them are being punted down to Applicant status.

More then half pre-war NS lost. :getin:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Are we putting the boot in on all these new applicants? A few of them are down here at a level 2 city people can eat.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I finally got nuked after murdering $8-9m worth of tanks and half of some guy's airforce. Did about $2m worth of infra damage to me.

Nukes cost north of $6m.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Probably tired of having their bank raided every time these guys lose a war

that's beautiful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mountaincat
May 8, 2017

The first part is about sand-
wiches. The second part is
about morality.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Are we putting the boot in on all these new applicants? A few of them are down here at a level 2 city people can eat.

We are triple-teaming Cousin Wives right now. The last goon raid against Eduardo de Carvalho a few weeks ago didn't pay out well so nobody has been back. Ivan Romanov is inactive and has a low GDP. Nobody is interested in it. Plus it's out of range if you have a full air force.