Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Nah, you're good, just toss it to the wind. It's mostly just some character building.

Awesome, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Gone Fashing posted:

yeah that was one of the most affecting parts of the game for me so far, along with the crashed squad car because right when I was realizing what it was, I read the "oh god, no" dialogue option and it was the only natural choice

For me it was the field autopsy. Probably because I did it after 11 PM, holding a flashlight while Kim's inspecting the body. Doing that after a long day of running and talking helped to make it extremely impactful.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I was not prepared for karaoke.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

SardonicTyrant posted:

I was not prepared for karaoke.

Success or failure?

Zane posted:

at the end of the first day when you're smoking on the balcony he says he's a sort of lapsed moralist

There's also some stuff that indicates that he was much more revolutionary as a teen/young adult, but that he's left that behind.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

CottonWolf posted:

Success or failure?

There's also some stuff that indicates that he was much more revolutionary as a teen/young adult, but that he's left that behind.
Failure, I think?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Where do I find the tape for Karaoke, anyway? I'm on day 4 and I haven't found it. I need to show the goddamn world my oceanic soul.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Finished my first "natural" playthrough as 4/1/3/4, and was generally happy.

Because I like seeing how others did it, here were my notable stats and choices:

- Conceptualization primary skill. Attempted to keep Authority in the negatives for most of the playthrough. But drat, Volition the best skill and that's definitely a target for my next playthrough.
- Quite a solid fan of Harrier Du Bois, Double Yfreior for my name, despite aforementioned lack of authority
- Went all in on sorry cop, only got art cop towards the end. Still ended up with some boring cop and a mix of others.
- Locked out of doing the mural apparently because I was too artsy for Cindy.
- Low-key communist, not going full on political (apparently, a mistake, considering the climax and the murderer's general tone)
- Did not engage *at all* with any of the race stuff, especially Measurehead
- Erred towards being sober but drank once a night regardless. Started internalizing the thought too late.
- Did tasks for Everart, warmed up to him but accidentally got the wrong signatures on the child care center paperwork
- Let Klassje go
- Shaved, felt appropriate. Do not regret.
- Would have very much liked to have settle in on the fishing village house, but...
- Went into Feld building on day 4 and charged right through the point of no return with no gun.
- Saved Ruby, she ran away
- Convinced Joyce to give the harbor over to the union
- Tribunal: dodged first bullet, but really warmed up the scab leader with stories of his foster brother. Kim shot, Titus died.
- Detective Kuuno de Ruyter

Some people have talked about...a hole? Can I get some pointers on how to find it?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

f#a# posted:

Some people have talked about...a hole? Can I get some pointers on how to find it?

At the end of the Church questline (involving the kids in the tent) which is actually quite long.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Please continue using spoiler tags, thanks!

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

SardonicTyrant posted:

Failure, I think?

Yeah, the failure song really goes for it...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Joyce left and came back... what?

My main event went well. OK, I failed the 72% Kim-check, but only three idiots got shot, aside from me.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

Where is the boardwalk location for the second possible sniper spot?

What Hwurmp said, but in case you haven't reached that point you can't get in until you have another plot reason to go there.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Okay, church questline: how the hell do you advance that? I went inside, and after doing a couple of laps around the room looking for clues found an unattended radio and the broken mural and nothing else, then just reported back to the kids that it seems to be empty but they weren't convinced. Never found anything else to advance that plotline but it seems I missed a massive side-event by doing so, what are you actually meant to do?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I honestly think it has something to do with shoes?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Walk to the circle of saucers in the back of the church. There's a perception bubble.

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017

Night10194 posted:

Where do I find the tape for Karaoke, anyway? I'm on day 4 and I haven't found it. I need to show the goddamn world my oceanic soul.

Cross the waterlock ramp and go south, it'll be near an abandoned house. I think there was a boat nearby too.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

I honestly think it has something to do with shoes?

SelenicMartian posted:

Walk to the circle of saucers in the back of the church. There's a perception bubble.

Much appreciated, I'll make sure I can set up the rave for my partycop playthrough

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

multijoe posted:

Much appreciated, I'll make sure I can set up the rave for my partycop playthrough

I never worked out why Shivers seemed so against anodic dance music. gently caress you Shivers, I'm setting up a rave in a church and you can't stop me.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Got to the end of the first day with my 2/2/4/4 chain-smoking communard cop.

It was so satisfying to tell Garte to choke on his money.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I didn't think I'd like this game but I gambled and bought it anyway. I definitely do like this game.

ARTCOP. Half art critic, half cop. ALL MAN.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

So considering that this game appears to be a success, what would people want for a sequel? Another case with the RCM? Whatever revolution's going down in Revachol? Personally, I want Klaasje: Intersoliary Woman of Mystery. They could even keep the 5 months pregnant idea that was floating around.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there any benefit whatsoever to forcing Idiot Doom Spiral to take his jacket back?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Not that I found, but it was satisfying to make him.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Xander77 posted:

Is there any benefit whatsoever to forcing Idiot Doom Spiral to take his jacket back?

+5 XP :v:

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

itry posted:

For me it was the field autopsy. Probably because I did it after 11 PM, holding a flashlight while Kim's inspecting the body. Doing that after a long day of running and talking helped to make it extremely impactful.
Yeah, I accidentally timed myself to finish Day 1 with the unexpectedly successful field autopsy and it legit felt like I'd just watched a pilot for some new HBO prestige show. Wonderful "poo poo got real" scene to end on after having spent most of that day bumbling around like an idiot.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's 15 xp total either way.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Xander77 posted:

The warm feeling of a good deed done?

Nah, I got nothing.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Man that ending I swear I only took a single drink because it was part of the tutorial damnit! never took another one and I definitely wasn't drunk at the very end like they said!

Still, GOTY easy

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

itry posted:

I did the field autopsy holding the boombox, it wasn't commented on, but it was really loving funny.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Welp, I read a postcard.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

skeleton warrior posted:

Same thing it always is: a fourth suspect who was a background character you weren’t supposed to pay attention to until Mullen lays out all the airtight evidence

I just want it for the record that I made this comment on the Dick Mullen book plot before started the DE endgame and I feel like I passed my Inland Empire check

skeleton warrior fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 27, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Jack2142 posted:

I did the field autopsy holding the boombox, it wasn't commented on, but it was really loving funny.

Well, that's one way to do it. :v:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Palpek posted:

Welp, I read a postcard.

Time to fall sideways.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012

skeleton warrior posted:

Time to fall sideways.

No, hold on!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat really disappointed that you cant go back to the huge racist and show him that I conquered the al-gul

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Broken Cog posted:

Warning: Do not ask the machine about the number of possible head-body combinations.

What's this in reference to? I don't remember any such dialogue from two play throughs

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
How do you play as a good person and also communist?

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

If you ask Kim about Dolores Dei in the church its obvious he is not a fan but its a "mandatory" religion and there is the unstated implication that bad things happen to people that buck the state religion too hard

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Palpek posted:

Welp, I read a postcard.

wait you could actually use those? i had like 6 by the end of the game and never saw an interact button