Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

quit asking about what threads you can have on here. I'm loving sick of people being afraid of posting a thread but whining about needing one. can we please have a containment thread for people to whine about wanting someone else to make a new thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

If this is real Vince might not be the only old fucker with dementia

Unless he's going to say it was supposed to be 'a joke' like every time an old idiot gets called out

his point, which he often makes, is that the "art" of wrestling that it's fake but you do it in a way that actually looks real. i don't think it's that crazy an idea.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
so tired

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bad news because cornette is never tired, his is always fired up and ready to go

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

People being afraid of posting threads is the weirdest legacy of the old, stuffy, no humor forums

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

as i reflect on my "kidding around" post above, i feel that it comes across too harshly with only a minor hint of silliness. That's not who i am. I think it's from the cussing

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

quit asking about what threads you can have on here. I'm loving sick of people being afraid of posting a thread but whining about needing one. can we please have a containment thread for people to whine about wanting someone else to make a new thread?

Hey buddy, you okay? You seem a little tense.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m not afraid of posting no thread you think i’m afraid i’ll show you

after brunch

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
On that ACH shirt, I totally believe they had some designer whip out these 50 NXT shirts over three days or something, needing to be signed off like four times, so as he grumbled the impossible task, he thought it'd be "funny" to try that poo poo for ACH since it wouldn't pass anyway. Then it did either because nobody above him cared enough, or Vince say it and thought it was Good poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when you harass me, it should be called harry-assing me because of your hairy a$$

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Gaz-L posted:

The guy who loves Mortorhead and wears the Iron Cross unironically doesn't see a problem with racist merch, I am shocked!

I get the Iron Cross, however if Motörhead turned out to be racist I officially hate this timeline.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Lemmy was one of those nazi memorabilia collectors who would go out of his way to condemn nazis. So probably pretty bad

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

CobiWann posted:

I get the Iron Cross, however if Motörhead turned out to be racist I officially hate this timeline.

Motörhead wasn’t necessarily racist as a unit but Lemmy had a questionable interest in nazi memorabilia. He also appeared to be a hoarder too so who knows

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cavauro posted:

because of your hairy a$$

I feel personally attacked

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My rear end is smooth as hell

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
smooth rear end smooth brain that’s what they say

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
my rear end looks like two groundhogs huddling for warmth

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Mulaney Power Move posted:

his point, which he often makes, is that the "art" of wrestling that it's fake but you do it in a way that actually looks real. i don't think it's that crazy an idea.
That's not the crazy thing people are pissed about.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/luchasaurus/status/1188518945424166914?s=20

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Does the merch people interact with the talent in terms of asking what designs they might want on their merch? It can seem like a lot to ask for that type of interaction but it would go a long way to making the merch personal.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

That's not the crazy thing people are pissed about.

ok yeah i see that now, but there is empirical proof that supporting dictators is good for the wrestling business

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

TV Zombie posted:

Does the merch people interact with the talent in terms of asking what designs they might want on their merch? It can seem like a lot to ask for that type of interaction but it would go a long way to making the merch personal.

The "merch people" are probably a sweatshop in southeast Asia that Vince sends a couple dollars to each month.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

every time i see that costume i think of big assed latina lesbian milfs being chased on hoverboards

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This continues to discomfort me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GENOME BEFORE EMPIRE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pinche Rudo posted:

I was thinking about posting this same thing. J-Ru can we get a Cornette Quarantine thread? If people want to still give him clicks and attention despite the racism/homophobia/transphobia/misogyny that's their choice just keep it confined there.

If you or anybody else want to make a thread specifically about Cornette :justpost: it, but there's no reason not to be able to bring up Cornette in any other thread where it is relevant either.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

LividLiquid posted:

This continues to discomfort me.

I like the gimmick, but. Feels a little worse right next to the stuff with ACH.

Like, I don't think Luchasaurus is trying to do this. But this feels like the kind of gimmick you'd do if you were trying to mock minorities and LGBT.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i believe they replaced ACH's racist shirt with a cheap knock off Space Jam logo

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Blast Fantasto posted:

Motörhead wasn’t necessarily racist as a unit but Lemmy had a questionable interest in nazi memorabilia. He also appeared to be a hoarder too so who knows

I thought it was a general interest in WWII stuff, however I can see the connection.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I remember when Hero/Ohno would go to Japan and constantly posed with nazi and swastika merch in their stores with a shocked face and people thought he was a nazi

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

KungFu Grip posted:

I remember when Hero/Ohno would go to Japan and constantly posed with nazi and swastika merch in their stores with a shocked face and people thought he was a nazi
Assuming everyone is a Nazi is a very re-occurring PSP theme

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

I like the gimmick, but. Feels a little worse right next to the stuff with ACH.

Like, I don't think Luchasaurus is trying to do this. But this feels like the kind of gimmick you'd do if you were trying to mock minorities and LGBT.

I want to believe it’s truly just peak white liberal blindspot, but that doesn’t excuse it or make it better.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CobiWann posted:

I thought it was a general interest in WWII stuff, however I can see the connection.

I'm always reminded of the Father Ted episode (please don't look up what Graham Linehan is famous for now :sigh:) where Ted meets another priest who is fascinated by World War 2 memorabilia... except ALL of the memorabilia is Nazi poo poo and it's basically just a shrine to Hitler, and when Ted asks where all the Allies stuff is the priest goes,"Oh I have no interest in any of that rubbish..."

For as lovely as Linehan is now, that episode (Father Ted tries to prove he isn't racist) is still loving hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wait are we saying that Luchasaurus making jokes about kids dressing up as dinosaurs is racist now because if so I think we've lost the plot

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Wait are we saying that Luchasaurus making jokes about kids dressing up as dinosaurs is racist now because if so I think we've lost the plot

No.

No we are not doing that thing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

"My Culture Is Not Your Costume" is an ad campaign and saying against people doing brown/black/yellow face halloween costumes so his tweet comes off as tone deaf and mocking people who are legitimately upset at people wear native american headdress as a costume, turbans, etc. Specially when he's leaned hard into his gimmick being a real minority in other tweets.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I don't see any malicious intent on his part, part of his gimmick is playing up to the silly notion that he's a legitimate actual dinosaur, but it's a joke that is gonna fall flat with a hell of a lot of people for perfectly understandable reasons.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

"My Culture Is Not Your Costume" is an ad campaign and saying against people doing brown/black/yellow face halloween costumes so his tweet comes off as tone deaf and mocking people who are legitimately upset at people wear native american headdress as a costume, turbans, etc. Specially when he's leaned hard into his gimmick being a real minority in other tweets.

Do you think the target of his jokes are minority groups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

the specific language used is identical to what someone calling out a genuinely culturally appropriative costume would use. think of poo poo like 'did you just assume my gender???' and 'i identify as an attack helicopter'.

i don't think that anyone is saying that he's racist, just that his (presumably) well-meaning joke has a weird mouthfeel because despite clearly being a riff on his gimmick where he's a lucha dinosaur, it's the kind of joke a smaller, smoother mind would make with crueler intentions.