Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Kurtofan posted:

they should make pokemon evolve earlier yeah, who cares about consistency

It gets ridiculous when they place stuff like Rufflet in early game routes. Noibat is also a really big puzzler since you just get stuck with the base form for 1 or 2 levels and then suddenly it's a Noivern. Which also breaks horribly since they made Noibat an earlygame mon in the next gen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I like pokemon

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
My dream is that one of these days I'm going to learn how to code and create Black and White 1.5. It'll be BW but have all the extra dungeons and such from BW2 incorporated into the campaign, have the PWT, Pokestar Studios and replace Black City/White Forest with the sequel versions, incorporate the Aspertia>Virbank path as a Postgame gauntlet the same way Nuvema>Nacrene was in BW2, Have all the moving trainer sprites from BW2, Put Zorua in the wild, and generally just include all the quality of life improvements.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/sirok0707/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Love do I love good pixel art.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The pioneers used to ride these babies for miles!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Ugh playing through Soul Silver and I don't like any of my flying type options but if I don't have a Pokemon that can learn fly I'll have to go the Pokemon Center constantly to switch my team out...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Ugh playing through Soul Silver and I don't like any of my flying type options but if I don't have a Pokemon that can learn fly I'll have to go the Pokemon Center constantly to switch my team out...

let's add a cool steel bird and then limit it to the postgame.

also add a hard counter to overpowered psychics and make them exclusive to the post game.

have a pidgey!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

also add a hard counter to overpowered psychics and make them exclusive to the post game.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hoothoot deserved better

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Skarmory could be caught on the route below Blackthorn City... But only in Silver (Gold players get Gligar, which wasn't great until Gen 4).

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nihilarian posted:

Hoothoot deserved better

owls are pretty popular in european folklore, keep your fingers crossed for a galarian evo i guess

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Countblanc posted:

owls are pretty popular in european folklore, keep your fingers crossed for a galarian evo i guess

The only thing I can imagine a Galarian Noctowl could be is an Ice/Flying snowy owl.

Its design would be wicked, but the typing...

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Galarian Hoothoot is just Hedwig

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
just give it the Mountaineer ability, easy

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

This is still one of my favorite moments of the anime. this whole episode was bonkers

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

lezard_valeth posted:

This is still one of my favorite moments of the anime. this whole episode was bonkers

Is that the episode where a bunch of clefairy build a UFO and fly off into space?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lezard_valeth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W944vHnaQPw

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

have a pidgey!

I know it's the original postgame but the Elite Four feels so much like a halfway mark, especially in the remakes where Kanto is fleshed out and we get their more modern take on postgame.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Also there are cool flying types like Gilgar and Yanmega that I would like to use but don't learn fly which is the reason I need a flying type in the first place. Why did it take so long for them to get rid of HMs

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Just use a badass Crobat as your flier, duh

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The Golden Gael posted:

I know it's the original postgame but the Elite Four feels so much like a halfway mark, especially in the remakes where Kanto is fleshed out and we get their more modern take on postgame.

I'll never forget how in the original how Viridian forest had been cut down, Lavender town's pokemon tower had been converted into a radio tower and Cinnabar island has been completely annihilated. Honestly going back to Kanto kind of made me feel like poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9ylthcRzdo

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/mattyoukhana_/status/1188580223882846209

The elaborate fakes will spread as we get closer to the inevitable leak. (Inevitable enough that Luigi's Mansion 3 is already out in the open)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Who said the new Pokedex numbers go from 1 to 450?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
So the only preorder bonus in the US is getting the dual pack off Amazon for a gold backpack?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Iirc from my own preorder, GameStop is giving out posters for in store pickups.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Crobat or Pidgeott is probably your best option until you can get Skarmory. After E4 you can start getting Gen 3 and 4 flying Pokémon(the only one available before that through Sinnoh Sound is Chatot).

Alternatively you can trade from DPPt.

https://twitter.com/oocpokemon/status/1188580621414817793?s=21

RatHat fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Oct 28, 2019

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I'm gonna put that Whimsicott's laundry in the dryer...

..on HIGH heat!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Ive narrowed it down to Skarmory or Honchkrow. I traded myself a dusk stone from an old complete cartridge I forgot I had so thats not a problem. Which should I go with?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Ive narrowed it down to Skarmory or Honchkrow. I traded myself a dusk stone from an old complete cartridge I forgot I had so thats not a problem. Which should I go with?

Skarmory's more defensive Honchkrow's more offensive roll with whatever niche you need filled. That said I love their son Corviknight the best.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Murkrow is better than both

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yes

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/mattyoukhana_/status/1188917325535350784