Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tarasenko Tank posted:

Beltran is also a chud, so it's a twofer.

That looks like a photoshop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

So Giuliani, who’s been known to attend baseball games and would have probably really enjoyed this, wasn’t invited. That brings me a little smile.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

No.

His brain doesn't work like that. He seeks only self gratification, and baseball isn't about how great he is.

Maybe someone offered him tickets and he computes "given free ticket to big game" as "I am important, and accepting the ticket further acknowledges my importance".

It's not like he was going to do any work tonight anyway.

I do think he gets some enjoyment from acts of violence or domination. Recall his love of Bloodsport and Shark Week.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Mitch the Moscow Bitch is also at the game I am hearing.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Comstar posted:

What the hell is going on with cable management?? Horrible mess.

There was a discussion already. :)

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
This sounds like the set up to "the sum of all fears"

follow that camel!!
Jan 1, 2006

PG&E was also responsible for poisoning a town with illegal dumping, made famous by Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich. So being poo poo is nothing new to them.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly why the gently caress is he even there if he’s not going to insist that everyone pay attention to him? What’s the point if he just kind of quietly pops in and leaves.

When it was announced, I was figuring he would be looking for a microphone to try and turn it into a rally.

First pitch tax (sound is good too):
https://twitter.com/motikiro2/statu...agenumber%3D699

Otteration fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 28, 2019

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Rip Testes posted:

Mitch the Moscow Bitch is also at the game I am hearing.

Bitch Cassidy and the Sundown Kid

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Nats won 2 games on the road. Then Trump announced he would be attending a game. Now they’re about to lose 3 straight and probably 4 straight when they go back to Houston. Coincidence?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Also could the team not want to make a big deal out of it? Putting him in the center of attention wouldn't be the best if he'll just get booed, where fans are mad at them and Trump gets mad he got booed.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

bowser posted:

I do think he gets some enjoyment from acts of violence or domination. Recall his love of Bloodsport and Shark Week.

Also his infatuation with the Gorilla Channel.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

bowser posted:

https://twitter.com/jrhennessy/status/1188608369898090496?s=19

Who would have thought demonizing an entire state constantly could have consequences?

Finally, someone's taking steps to break PG&E's monopoly.

I live ~5 miles from Milpitas and holy poo poo this article made me angry.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

bobjr posted:

Also could the team not want to make a big deal out of it? Putting him in the center of attention wouldn't be the best if he'll just get booed, where fans are mad at them and Trump gets mad he got booed.

I dont think trump would give a poo poo what the te would have wanted. If they asked him to remain low key it would become more likely he would have made a spectacle of it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Nats won 2 games on the road. Then Trump announced he would be attending a game. Now they’re about to lose 3 straight and probably 4 straight when they go back to Houston. Coincidence?

Everything Trump Touches Dies

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hmm did anyone else notice the umpire is acting weird at this game Trump is at? Just saw him vacuum home plate. This after that opera singer forgot the words to the national anthem

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1188623754794024961

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Hmm did anyone else notice the umpire is acting weird at this game Trump is at? Just saw him vacuum home plate. This after that opera singer forgot the words to the national anthem

Sounds like we've finally got the naked smoking gun we've been looking for.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Jordanfabian/status/1188624130008113154

:allears:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trump probably had a boo urns moment.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lot of MAGA hats at that game

*peers closer*

Uhh never mind, it's all just Walgreens fans

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I hope we get salty tweets about it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Lot of MAGA hats at that game

*peers closer*

Uhh never mind, it's all just Walgreens fans

Basically no one can walk around in public wearing a Nationals cap anymore because of what it looks like in the distance. It’s true of any red baseball cap.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://twitter.com/albamonica/status/1188623950743588866

I *really* hope we get salty tweets

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

FAKE BOOS!

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
showing up after the ceremonial first pitch of a world series game is so goddamn clownshow

the kind of guy that leaves at the end of the 6th because "well you know everyone leaves after the 7th inning stretch and traffic gets so bad"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

It sounded bad on radio too :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1188627017065009152

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump probably had a boo urns moment.

They were definitely saying "yoooooou are the best president ever sir thank you". It's just a little hard to hear the last little bit on the video.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidaldridgedc/status/1188623503920119810

"Quick! Show the troops again"

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I've never heard a President booed at a stadium before...holy poo poo :allears:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 28, 2019

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

loving lol, stuff like this gives me just a shred of faith in this country again

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Deluded piece of poo poo is gonna tweet about getting a warm reception isn’t he? :sigh:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo: This is Hell in a Cell 2019 level booing, holy poo poo.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I think the last time Trump attended a sporting event was right after the election when he went to the Army/Navy game. Very different reaction.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/josh_emerson/status/1188630883969970177

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

THANK YOU WORKING HARD!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Spiffster posted:

Deluded piece of poo poo is gonna tweet about getting a warm reception isn’t he? :sigh:

He sure is!

"Went to see World Series Game 5. The fans in the Stadium were very nice and gave me the biggest and most perfect round of applause! Thank you, working hard!"

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
So how long will this stupid ISIS operation last as a distraction for the impeachment inquiry?

I guess a few days

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Willo567 posted:

So how long will this stupid ISIS operation last as a distraction for the impeachment inquiry?

I guess a few days

Zero days, nobody who matters gives a gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Transcript of Trump’s Remarks on the Death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
nytimes.com/Oct. 27, 2019 Updated 5:43 p.m. ET
[NYT transcript seemed to end before the poo poo smear veered (also was while I could see beyond the paywall).]

Full video starting at his remarks: [Any full transcript might be fun if you can find it!]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIAJc6XPp_4&t=2077s

Before Deadly Crashes, Boeing Pushed for Law That Undercut Oversight
nytimes.com/Oct. 27, 2019
"With a few short paragraphs tucked into 463 pages of legislation last year, Boeing scored one of its biggest lobbying wins: a law that undercuts the government’s role in approving the design of new airplanes."

At Least 20 Billionaires Behind ‘Dark Money’ Group That Opposed Obama
forbes.com/Oct 26, 2019
'A nonprofit group with a bland name, Americans for Job Security, spent $5 million supporting Republicans in the 2010 midterms and $15 million denouncing former President Obama in the 2012 election, but until this week, the group never had to file disclosures showing where its money was coming from.

“This is the first time in the Citizens United-era that a dark money group was forced to disclose their donors in a certain time period,” said Jordan Libowitz, a spokesperson for nonprofit watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, referring to the 2010 Supreme Court case that wiped away previous restrictions on political spending.'

Wall Street spends millions to buy up Washington state water
seattletimes.com/Oct. 27, 2019
"Worldwide, as temperatures rise and aquifers dry, investors are increasingly bullish on water, and buying vineyards, farms and ranches for what’s underneath or flowing through."

["But my uncle says that business say that global warming isn't happening!"]

Power Is Trading Below Zero in Middle America Amid Strong Winds
bloomberg.com/October 18, 2019
"Strong and steady breezes are helping states in the central U.S. generate so much electricity from wind turbines that wholesale power prices have fallen below zero.

It’s a relatively new phenomenon in America’s spot power markets. When there’s an overabundance of solar or wind, grid operators send prices plunging to negative levels -- a signal to generators that they need to take supplies offline so they don’t overload transmission lines. On Friday, wind output surged to as much as 17,264 megawatts across the Southwest Power Pool -- a grid that stretches from North Dakota to Texas. That’s more than 60% of the region’s power."

'When I see people injured, I have to provide first aid': Nurses walk off job to join Hong Kong protesters
sbs.com.au/Updated 1 day ago
"Hong Kong medics have joined protests against what they say is police brutality against pro-democracy protesters; police say they have been very restrained."

Video shows officer shooting fleeing Fresno teen in the back of the head
theguardian.com/25 Oct 2019
"Footage of Fresno, California, incident follows police claims that killing of unarmed Isiah Murrietta-Golding, 16, was justified
Newly released video shows a Fresno, California, police officer shooting a fleeing, unarmed 16-year-old in the back of the head and then handcuffing the boy as he lies motionless on the ground."

About 41% of the global population are under 24. And they’re angry…
theguardian.com/26 Oct 2019
"From Hong Kong to Chile, young people are rising up to fight injustice and inequality. Their elders should be grateful"