Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

super fart shooter posted:

My old rear end 360 controller with the floaty sticks is finally starting to feel pretty unplayable. What is the ideal xbox one controller for PC? I don't know anything, is there a specific hardware revision that's better than others, or are there any good third party controllers?

One you buy now will have bluetooth. Old ones dont have it.

My pcs bluetooth antenna loving sucks so i use a 8bitdo usb receiver to avoid laggy input and pairing trouble but you might not have that problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I just plug in my xbox controller to my really long usb cable when I am playing on my computer even though the controller has bluetooth.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

univbee posted:

Market forces force physical media prices down harder than digital copies, you say?

The PC market serves a pretty strong counterpoint to the notion that digital-only means more expensive games, even during the "Steam is the only real retailer" era we seem to have emerged from.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BonoMan posted:

Lol calm down you reactionary nerd... I wasn't arguing for anything. Just relaying what I had read.

You're calling people NERDS!!! on the internet while giving opinions on games you haven't even played. But yes I will calm down from my enraged state, thank you.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

You're calling people NERDS!!! on the internet while giving opinions on games you haven't even played. But yes I will calm down from my enraged state, thank you.

No no no, I played tons of NMS. I just sold it before the latest update (and switched from PS4 to Xboxen). I'll pick it back up eventually.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

super fart shooter posted:

My old rear end 360 controller with the floaty sticks is finally starting to feel pretty unplayable. What is the ideal xbox one controller for PC? I don't know anything, is there a specific hardware revision that's better than others, or are there any good third party controllers?
The Elite 2 is coming out this week.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Laserface posted:

NMS is a proof of concept for the video game industry to see how little content they can sell at AAA retail pricing and get away with it under the guise of 'the game is what *you* make it!'

I got it new for $5 right before the VR update hit (I got it for VR) and it's still not worth it IMO. I mean, it's fine, but boring and I'd rather spend my time playing a ton of other games. So, TLDR, I wasted $5.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I don’t think it’s any more boring than your avg sim. I’m not calling it a sim game in the slightest, mind you. Just saying.

Unfortunately the only real options if you want that sort of open-world space game are NMS or Elite: Dangerous. Neither of them are really fully baked or fully fun in the way that better open-world games are.

Now you get Rockstar to make a Cowboy Bebop game and then we can talk.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Edit nm can't read

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Check your e-mail, I just got accepted into the Halo Reach beta test for PC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why would i have your email?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Why would i have your email?

I sent you nudes by accident.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:wink:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Dumb question, anyone know the dev's cut if I play a Gamepass for Windows game?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

No its all secret so far

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Devs got paid a chunk to put it on gamepass, that's why there's still an option to buy the game. Don't know how psn works though, since you can't buy ps+games.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

Devs got paid a chunk to put it on gamepass, that's why there's still an option to buy the game. Don't know how psn works though, since you can't buy ps+games.

PS+ definitely pays out based off number of people who add the game to their account. No idea for PSNow or any of the Xbox systems but I could see it being along the same lines to a certain extent, with probably a base payment too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

They get lump sums. Hence the 19 million non recurring payment to Capcom prior to DMC5 being added.

Basically every dev on gamepass has said they get paid well and it boosts sales, do not feel bad for using it or worry it encourages engagement games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I would assume that games with gold would be a per install thing, and then gamepass would be a lump sum for however long it is on gamepass.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
:siren:

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1189587924242681857

Xbox One:
Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter
Final Station

Xbox 360:
Star Wars Jedi Starfighter (OG Xbox)
Joyride Turbo

meeeeeeh

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao jedi fuckin starfighter rofl

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Fanatic posted:

meeeeeeh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fine, Ill play Jedi Starfighter a game much younger me saw for sale for 2.50 in a bargain bin and passed on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
How's Outer Worlds on an Xbox one S? Thinking of just getting it on game pass instead of PS4 pro

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I play on an OGBone and it works fine for me. The are some frame rate drops in the larger outside areas, but that's never bothered me.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
When the gently caress is reach going to be on MCC on Xbox feels like it's been forever since it was announced.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Quantum of Phallus posted:

How's Outer Worlds on an Xbox one S? Thinking of just getting it on game pass instead of PS4 pro

Works great for me and I beelined for all the wacky science weapons with dumb effects so I can’t imagine it dropping frames for anything else

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

BrownieVK posted:

When the gently caress is reach going to be on MCC on Xbox feels like it's been forever since it was announced.

we have a console for Reach, it's called the Xbox360

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

TheScott2K posted:

we have a console for Reach, it's called the Xbox360

Yeah but it looks like poo poo. Reach at 60fps and above 720p or whatever the hell it was will be amazing. It's one of my favorite games and I'm beyond excited for it to be beautiful lol.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I agree with that gwg ad...why pay? Indeed!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Gamepass is the only price worth paying for it. Good decision. You can immediately switch to the good outer w game when finished

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Xbone controller seems to be eating through AA batteries pretty quickly. Any thoughts on whether it's better to buy one of the Play and Charge battery kits or to get a rechargable battery setup instead?

I have an Eneloop Charger from years back but the batteries I have for it aren't holding a charge anymore.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Getting a new set of eneloops seems like the move if you have a charger

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

TheScott2K posted:

Getting a new set of eneloops seems like the move if you have a charger

Yeah, that's where I'm leaning with new consoles and controllers on the horizon that probably won't work with that play and charge kit.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Jolo posted:

Yeah, that's where I'm leaning with new consoles and controllers on the horizon that probably won't work with that play and charge kit.

On the Xbox end supposedly the bonetrollers will work with Scarlett.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
just use rechargeable batteries dude.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Play&Charge kit is good when it works, but will occasionally refuse to charge when depleted and connected to the bone, official instructions is to let it run out completely, remove, wait a day and connect again which is fiddly as all hell. Get regular rechargeable batteries

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BrownieVK posted:

Yeah but it looks like poo poo. Reach at 60fps and above 720p or whatever the hell it was will be amazing. It's one of my favorite games and I'm beyond excited for it to be beautiful lol.

PC version looks really nice! It has no new graphical features, its just the Xbox 360 version in native 4K and 60fps, and there is also an uncapped FPS option.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Isn't Reach being added to the MCC?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beastie posted:

Isn't Reach being added to the MCC?

Yep, eventually. Its been delayed, the PC version needs more time in beta testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Is Halo 5 worth playing? I don't do MP so only SP campaign.

It's the only Halo I haven't played, I've installed it and started it but it's kinda feelin' supperrrrrr generic and I don't know if I even want to continue.