Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Nanigans posted:

I'm planning on downsizing my S.H. Figuarts Dragon Ball collection

Big Mean Jerk posted:

SA Mart might honestly lowball you worse...because people will reply with interest and then ghost you when you try to finalize the deal

Definitely support you pursuing the best way to get your money's worth but if you're willing, I also have a huge figuarts dragonball collection and there's only a few previous releases I'm looking to fill out. I literally keep an excel spreadsheet with everything I have, everything I have pre-ordered, everything I want that isn't out yet, etc. If you go the SA route shoot me a PM!

And before anyone gets on me about still using excel over google sheets, I have 3 detolfs full of toys from a 30 year old anime. Give me time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yeah, I have a huge SHF DBZ collection, too. Depending on what you've got and the condition of boxes and whatnot, I might take some or all of it off your hands.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
PM'd you both.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Here's the SA Mart thread if y'all are interested in DB Figuarts!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

If nobody bites on the Gogeta or Golden Frieza in a month, I’ll buy platinum just to get at you about them.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Open Marriage Night posted:

If nobody bites on the Gogeta or Golden Frieza in a month, I’ll buy platinum just to get at you about them.

Haha, sure. They're currently still available. But I don't want to clog up this thread. :)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I kinda wish they had voice chips, cause I'd love a Trunks that had the line from Super where the cops are blasting away at Goku and he yells out "STOP! This man is NOT BLACK!"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I was wondering why they were bothering to do a second version of Ankh. I mean, the new Ankh is definitely an improvement, but it's just a loving arm, you gotta get up pretty close to tell the difference.

But the mystery has been solved. They needed to do a new Ankh arm so it would be compatible with this

So now I'm just annoyed that they're selling the two separately.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Seeing them all in a row like this, it makes me think that maybe some of the recent Kamen Riders' final forms have been a bit extra

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That last guy's suit just 3d prints whatever weaponry he needs.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I know it's shallow but poo poo like that is what keeps me from getting into Kamen Rider and what pulled me out of Super Sentai.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm the dude that wears the white trenchcoat over his robot suit because ???

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

JT Smiley posted:

I know it's shallow but poo poo like that is what keeps me from getting into Kamen Rider and what pulled me out of Super Sentai.

They also have the best superhero design ever, a guy made of magma and dragons

Louisgod posted:

Because it's cool?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What's the deal with Kamen Riders? I know it's a different dude every season, but are they all just guys who magically have transforming watches/belt buckles fall into their laps every time?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nanigans posted:

What's the deal with Kamen Riders? I know it's a different dude every season, but are they all just guys who magically have transforming watches/belt buckles fall into their laps every time?

It changes every year. Sometimes they have a transforming belt fall into their laps, sometimes they invented the belt, sometimes they're cyborgs and the belt is just part of them. There's usually one main Kamen Rider the show is named for and one or more secondary Kamen Riders who fight alongside them or, not as often, fight against them. But the main Rider always fights for justice.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Nanigans posted:

The original kamen riders were guys who were kidnapped and turned into cyborgs by an evil organization but escaped before they got brainwashed. Also all the monsters they’re killing are former humans like the riders.

Modern ones aren’t really connected to each other besides crossover films. So it’s just a new gimmick to transform every season.

Sometimes it’s a device stolen from an evil company, sometimes it’s evil fruit from the evil forest dimension, sometimes it’s the astronaut suit a dad made.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Gripweed posted:

It changes every year. Sometimes they have a transforming belt fall into their laps, sometimes they invented the belt, sometimes they're cyborgs and the belt is just part of them. There's usually one main Kamen Rider the show is named for and one or more secondary Kamen Riders who fight alongside them or, not as often, fight against them. But the main Rider always fights for justice.

I am intrigued. Which one(s) is this?

Is there a cool toy of it? (Of course there is)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nanigans posted:

I am intrigued. Which one(s) is this?

Is there a cool toy of it? (Of course there is)

Kamen Rider Build built his own belt, and all the upgrades for it. There are toys of so many of his different forms, but here's his basic one, Rabbit Tank

You can also jut get the belt, which makes all the sounds from the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1OLyIWLHic

Those are the only bottles that come with, but there are... I wanna say at least forty other bottles you can buy separately, all of which say different things when you put them in the belt

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Louisgod posted:

That guy is more a samurai coat thing than a trenchcoat! Geeeeeez.

Here's some more samurai themed guys from recent years. Pineapple and mango themed. Pineapple's default form is a orange based and the mango one's default is banana based with a big peeled banana looking lance.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

EthanSteele posted:

That guy is more a samurai coat thing than a trenchcoat! Geeeeeez.

Here's some more samurai themed guys from recent years. Pineapple and mango themed. Pineapple's default form is a orange based and the mango one's default is banana based with a big peeled banana looking lance.

Those look loving awesome and I love how they're posed.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Gripweed posted:

Kamen Rider Build built his own belt, and all the upgrades for it. There are toys of so many of his different forms, but here's his basic one, Rabbit Tank

You can also jut get the belt, which makes all the sounds from the show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1OLyIWLHic

Those are the only bottles that come with, but there are... I wanna say at least forty other bottles you can buy separately, all of which say different things when you put them in the belt

loving awesome. Thanks. I might watch this, hahah.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

More stuff, not Kamen Rider

Figuarts Vegeta

Figuarts singer

Robot Damashii Overman King Gainer and Silhouette Engine?!?! I AM LOSING MY poo poo

vkeios
May 7, 2007

Kamen Rider Gaim is the last KR show I’ve finished and I love my goofy fruit warriors. Really great action figures too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
If you told me those Kamen Riders were stands from a Jojo series I hadn’t seen, I’d believe you.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

vkeios posted:

Kamen Rider Gaim is the last KR show I’ve finished and I love my goofy fruit warriors. Really great action figures too.

Durian arms holding the little wineglass would have pride of place on my desk if I hadn't got everything packed up for moving.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gripweed posted:

More stuff, not Kamen Rider

Figuarts Vegeta

That knee looks sooo bad.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

sigher posted:

That knee looks sooo bad.

It probably won't get produced anyway, but it's just a prototype. They've shown a ton of figures in the past at conventions that they never mass produced and may never. Captain Ginyu for example was just teased, but until they make an official announcement, it's just something to look at at the conventions or online.

Ultra Instinct Goku is the last confirmed release we know about, coming in April.

It's up on the Japanese sites now. Managed to snag a preorder.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone need Dani Moonstar and Her Amazing Heads? I picked one up at Walgreens while looking for Ratchet. If not, I'll return it on Monday.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Does anyone need Dani Moonstar and Her Amazing Heads? I picked one up at Walgreens while looking for Ratchet. If not, I'll return it on Monday.

I do! Getting tired of trying to track her down. If you email me at Louisgod@somethingawful.com I can send moneys your way.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Louisgod posted:

I do! Getting tired of trying to track her down. If you email me at Louisgod@somethingawful.com I can send moneys your way.

You've got mail!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Nanigans posted:

It probably won't get produced anyway, but it's just a prototype. They've shown a ton of figures in the past at conventions that they never mass produced and may never. Captain Ginyu for example was just teased, but until they make an official announcement, it's just something to look at at the conventions or online.

Interesting, shame about monkey Vegeta probably not getting a release though, would be cool as hell if they did it right.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

sigher posted:

Interesting, shame about monkey Vegeta probably not getting a release though, would be cool as hell if they did it right.

Yeah, I think they're done making large characters for now. Shenron did not sell well at all from the looks of the constant 30% off I see it being sold.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Then again, who the hell really wants a Shenron figure anyway?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

sigher posted:

Then again, who the hell really wants a Shenron figure anyway?

Yeah, I think the issue is that Shenron isn't a very exciting figure. Porunga is where it's at for dragons. Broly is big and sells big because of the character and Ape Vegeta is a Vegeta and I don't think there's been a single Vegeta that hasn't sold out. Vegeta.

On the other hand I'm still waiting for Super Robot Chogokin Daizengar and Aussenseiter that were teased when they first announced the line. Hell, they only released the Mazinger accessory set they showed when they announced the line last year as a special thing in a special colour as an exclusive.

Basically cross your fingers and hope it comes out, but don't hold your breath cos it could be 5 years or 5 months.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Remember Figuarts Char?

I remember Figuarts Char. :(

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Not only do I remember Figuarts Char I remember Figuarts Char's horse.

Figuarts Domon, 2008, Master Asia 2015. He came out eventually!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'm really digging the DB figures now, too. Mercenary Tao and King Piccolo both look amazing. Really curious as to what the next announcement will be. Hopefully Launch or Yamcha, but who knows.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the mcfarlane fortnite banana action figure is fantastic. the "skin" is a soft rubber giving it a larger range of motion than a solid body would have and it just looks suitably "mascot suitesque". the joints are solid, the paint is bright and lively and even though the accessories are bare bones they are well painted, detailed and acceptable. With the included stand I can pose him on one leg
If you just like getting weird figures it's a really cool addition. 9/10 (would like better accessories)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

InsertPotPun posted:

the mcfarlane fortnite banana action figure is fantastic. the "skin" is a soft rubber giving it a larger range of motion than a solid body would have and it just looks suitably "mascot suitesque". the joints are solid, the paint is bright and lively and even though the accessories are bare bones they are well painted, detailed and acceptable. With the included stand I can pose him on one leg
If you just like getting weird figures it's a really cool addition. 9/10 (would like better accessories)

Would you say the figure is appeeling, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

InsertPotPun posted:

where are you guys copping peely? i need oonnnneeee