Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Exit polls show Fernandez at 50+ and Macri at 30, loving rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
lmao

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
allow me to play a song: macri's requiem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JBXcrpP5Xw

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/1188610067127513088

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fernandez is the one that the colonialist austerity ghouls were praying would win right, or am I confused

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/BadCubaTakes/status/1188452603342082048?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Sabine Mengele-Eichmann strikes again

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
lmao i dont know much about alberto fernandez as a person - but the first son of Argentina is now a cosplaying otaku drag queen which absolutely rules, and pisses off chuds to no end

e: spoiler tagged, since one of the cosplay pics might be a tad :nws:

Slugnoid has issued a correction as of 03:27 on Oct 28, 2019

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

Fernandez is the one that the colonialist austerity ghouls were praying would win right, or am I confused

What? No

He's the Kirchner-Peronist anti-austerity candidate

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

can no thread escape smythe's reign of horny

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Frijolero posted:

What? No

:yeshaha:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Falklands 2: This Time It's Personal

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

absolutely floored that the argentinian election has also been rigged. completely an utterly rigged. I'm an expert, trust me

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

What a turnaround this year has had in Latin American politics. Bolsonaro took power at the start of the year, seemingly setting up the biggest country in South America, and probably the wider region, to return to the era of semi-fascist juntas. Later in January, the US did everything short of an overt military intervention to overthrow the Venezuelan government, as part of what seemed to be plan to finally crush them, Nicaragua, and Cuba.

Now Chile, ground zero for neoliberalism, has over a million people in the streets. Ecuador had a revolt against IMF demanded austerity so massive the government fled the capital. Now the anti-austerity ticket won in Argentina, after Macri signed up for the biggest IMF deal ever.

I'm not saying the situation is completely reverse, and these people's movements will certainly have some defeats and betrayals going forward, but goddamn has the momentum shifted quickly.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roll pink tide

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, let's not forget that Cristina Fernandez is ride or die with Chavismo and has consistently supported Maduro. She's back in the executive office as the new VP

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8UGs0rdhq8

Pink Tide 2: Red Tide

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Slugnoid posted:

lmao i dont know much about alberto fernandez as a person - but the first son of Argentina is now a cosplaying otaku drag queen which absolutely rules, and pisses off chuds to no end

The argies got a sexy twink while we got three fucktard boomer brothers. This is loving ridiculous.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

What a turnaround this year has had in Latin American politics. Bolsonaro took power at the start of the year, seemingly setting up the biggest country in South America, and probably the wider region, to return to the era of semi-fascist juntas. Later in January, the US did everything short of an overt military intervention to overthrow the Venezuelan government, as part of what seemed to be plan to finally crush them, Nicaragua, and Cuba.

Now Chile, ground zero for neoliberalism, has over a million people in the streets. Ecuador had a revolt against IMF demanded austerity so massive the government fled the capital. Now the anti-austerity ticket won in Argentina, after Macri signed up for the biggest IMF deal ever.

I'm not saying the situation is completely reverse, and these people's movements will certainly have some defeats and betrayals going forward, but goddamn has the momentum shifted quickly.

turns out firing the entire state department was an incredibly good thing who could have predicted this

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

American diplomats are blaming Russia for the Chile protests lol

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Russia orchestrated Brexit and the Catalan Referendum. They're killing it!

Dec 26, 2012

Plutonis posted:

drat they must be busy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

turns out firing the entire state department was an incredibly good thing who could have predicted this
lol that trump is apparently the best thing to happen to us foreign policy in decades

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Frijolero posted:

What? No

i admittedly have a lot of trouble figuring out how peronism works, but in my defense so does anybody outside of argentina and possibly anybody inside of argentina

as best i can tell it's a sticker you slap on your movement with the approval of the previous iteration of the peronist movement, which believed in ???

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1188496428655632387
https://twitter.com/_whitneywebb/status/1188104846165073920

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I wonder if Argentina will try and conquer the Falklands again while Britain is busy hitting itself in the face repeatedly with a hammer.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

comedyblissoption posted:

lol that trump is apparently the best thing to happen to us foreign policy in decades

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

TeenageArchipelago posted:

absolutely floored that the argentinian election has also been rigged. completely an utterly rigged. I'm an expert, trust me pay me

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i admittedly have a lot of trouble figuring out how peronism works, but in my defense so does anybody outside of argentina and possibly anybody inside of argentina

as best i can tell it's a sticker you slap on your movement with the approval of the previous iteration of the peronist movement, which believed in ???

When Peron actually returned to the country the right-wing Peronists massacered the waiting left-wing Peronists at the airport. If that helps.

genericnick has issued a correction as of 10:19 on Oct 28, 2019

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Lightning Knight posted:

I wonder if Argentina will try and conquer the Falklands again while Britain is busy hitting itself in the face repeatedly with a hammer.

I can't imagine they would but it would destroy the British state if they did.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

namesake posted:

I can't imagine they would but it would destroy the British state if they did.

the maximum comedy option is that the Falklands vote to join Argentina because of brexit lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"Is Peronism fascist" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The way I understand it is: I don't.

Just don't think about Argentina or its politics and you'll live a long, happy life.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Frijolero posted:

Roll pink tide

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the chile protesters are so badass

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

The ultimate political project for Peron was to destroy the Left by providing just enough welfare to pre-empt a revolutionary program, which by necessity also makes it anti-austerity. So Peronism ended up in a superposition of patriotism where people project their own values onto the idea of Peronism despite the actually existing history.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Plutonis posted:

The natural evolution of blaming Venezuelan infiltrators.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Peron is a lot like Huey Long. A man who both wanted an empowered populace . But not an empowered radical workers movement. Who sought to accomplish the first with various programs that promoted the people’s welfare while engaging in policies to shutdown worker empowerment movements.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Slugnoid posted:

holy poo poo :eyepop:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

this is the worst thing an Oppenheimer has ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/camilateleSUR/status/1188873375189524481?s=20
https://twitter.com/LulaOficial/status/1188648937059684352?s=20