Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1188563803174137856?s=20

This sure is a take on today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

dude that was a fairly interesting small-effortpost, don't be an asshat

also supereyepatchwolf is great, and that's also only his 2nd 20min video about his love for pro wrestling.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

alpha_destroy posted:

The key to understanding the WWE thing is that the fans are, well, poor. And also the fans are not nearly as white as the ownership, obviously.

Edit: y'all remember Daniel Bryan's incredible face run where he was essentially Occupy? Like, they even ran an Occupy RAW angle.

https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status/1188393687983759360

https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status/1188391397348564992

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

What’s the context for the other 99% of us who don’t watch wrestling because all I see is a tweet selling a shirt or something

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Boris Galerkin posted:

What’s the context for the other 99% of us who don’t watch wrestling because all I see is a tweet selling a shirt or something

It looks like blackface, dude

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Boris Galerkin posted:

It's supposed to be a mouth.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don't think "not watching wrestling" is the reason you can't see the issue here.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

wait, that weird looking dude in the picture with trump is matt gaetz? :lol:

Google Butt posted:

It looks like blackface, dude

not gonna lie, i could not tell from those tweets.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Mr Interweb posted:

It is a minstrel show black face.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
It doesn't even need to be blackface, it's "big lips." Come on. It's like if Goldburg's logo was a giant nose.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Interweb posted:

It's preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty obvious my dude

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

uh...sorry, i might be blind i don't see it. :shrug:

edit: ohhhh, wait. i think i get it. is it that it looks like lips? i didn't notice the coloring was different around the text compared to the shirt, it looked like it all blended in

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh poo poo he's gonna buy the Nats in revenge for everyone laughing at him :ohdear:

Come on, be real here. Trump can't afford a baseball team.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Mr Interweb posted:

uh...sorry, i might be blind i don't see it. :shrug:

edit: ohhhh, wait. i think i get it. is it that it looks like lips? i didn't notice the coloring was different around the text compared to the shirt, it looked like it all blended in

Hold up

You can't tell the difference between red and black? You may be colorblind, and I don't mean this in a derogatory manner, a lot of people don't find out they're colorblind until a situation like this crops up.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
when I lean back and unfocus my eyes, it feels more like "nightmare horror demon" than "minstrel show", but A) I imagine a gentleman of color is more sensitive to the latter than I am, and B) the former probably also isn't his top choice for branding

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hold up

You can't tell the difference between red and black? You may be colorblind, and I don't mean this in a derogatory manner, a lot of people don't find out they're colorblind until a situation like this crops up.

no, my laptop monitor was at an angle, so it looked like it all blended in. when i straightened it, it was clear then

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

part of Baghdadi's origin story iirc is that he looked around at people having fun, thought to himself "that just won't do", and went to the most horribly reactionary Islamic seminary he could find

I don't know if this is true, but the story is similar to Sayyid Qutb, who's basically the grandfather of Al'Qaeda.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Zenithe posted:

I don't know if this is true, but the story is similar to Sayyid Qutb, who's basically the grandfather of Al'Qaeda.

I think I'm remembering his explicit origin story from surprisingly-high-production-value Daesh publications, but I could be wrong. It's been years.

and yes, there's a certain similarity between traditional family values shitheads everywhere, all the time, forever

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Boris Galerkin posted:

Take a look at the shirt. The mouth is a smile. The teeth are his name. Everything else is black.

Now imagine a person who is African American, otherwise featureless because of their skin, save for their teeth and eyes. And now you see the context for the shirt.

It is racist as poo poo.

To illustrate:

https://twitter.com/089968Raph/status/1188435515969822721

I repeat, it's racist as poo poo.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 28, 2019

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

the edges of the red bits are pretty pointy on the shirt, imo it's more "the black man will eat you, and eat your children" than "the black man is jolly in an unsettling way and will haunt your dreams"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the edges of the red bits are pretty pointy on the shirt, imo it's more "the black man will eat you, and eat your children" than "the black man is jolly in an unsettling way and will haunt your dreams"

what?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

This is perfection.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

GreyjoyBastard posted:

that's much better then

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
So I’m just gonna assume someone told him that people meant Biden when they chanted “lock him up”.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Don't worry, the brainworms seized the image of himself getting booed and stimulated alternate ganglia, so that in his mind the boos were shouted to a picture of Schiff, Biden and Pelosi

Unfortunately enough of the real image got through to the rest of his prion-ravaged cerebellum that it invoked a pained frown in response

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

It makes me feel good right in my soul that such things happened in time for Page 777, the luckiest of pages.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
Watching trump die inside is indeed the heaven passage special. Hallelujah

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Woo, our hated president that doesn't even like baseball was booed at the world series and looked upset about it.

He doesn't even care about the game, remember him beating his son up over wearing a jersey to a Yankees game?

Schadenfreude is great to fill pages on a Sunday night I guess, and yeah I enjoyed those clips...

But come this morning Donald Trump is still in the White House after getting a stupid weekend win against ISIS. It's time to move on.

Who is getting deposed today/tomorrow?

Edit:
I really love baseball, even if I can't sit through the Ken Burns documentary.

Zisky fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Oct 28, 2019

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Otteration posted:

There was a discussion already. :)

I went back 4 pages and it was being talked about on pages 5 to 7. Sorry everyone :(

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Kith posted:

It makes me feel good right in my soul that such things happened in time for Page 777, the luckiest of pages.
Hail... uh... Santa...?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Cable Guy posted:

Hail... uh... Santa...?

erdogan wins again, santa's turkish

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1188617918646509571

The press secretary hard at work.

At least Spicer gave us good times like hiding in the bushes.

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
Hail Santa, Trump is miserable.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Not gonna lie, while catching up on the thread, I've rewatched every video of Trump getting booed as it comes up. I could watch those all day (and I just might!).

Ice Phisherman posted:

Wrestling is an amazing and unique art form that looks silly on the surface, and it is, but it's unique in the way that it's story is told. It's not fully a soap opera and it's not fully some physical carny wrestling show. It's a fusion of the two and I really, really can't overly stress how much time is a factor in the show when it is not in almost all other media.

Wrestling is fascinating for those who are interested in stories and storytelling.

If you want a long form and honestly, fantastic long form version of what I'm talking about, I'd suggest Supereyepatchwolf's take on the Undertaker and long form storytelling in wrestling. If you're a fan I'd highly recommend him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHVCTOmQNZM

I cannot recommend EyepatchWolf's channel enough, and his other video on wrestling is also worth a watch (which has a minor focus on Kenny Omega, for anyone who may have recently learned about him thanks to AEW): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQCPj-bGYro

EyepatchWolf's such a handsome boy :allears:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Woo, our hated president that doesn't even like baseball was booed at the world series and looked upset about it.

He doesn't even care about the game, remember him beating his son up over wearing a jersey to a Yankees game?

Schadenfreude is great to fill pages on a Sunday night I guess, and yeah I enjoyed those clips...

But come this morning Donald Trump is still in the White House after getting a stupid weekend win against ISIS. It's time to move on.

Who is getting deposed today/tomorrow?

Edit:
I really love baseball, even if I can't sit through the Ken Burns documentary.

I bet you call the cops on kids having water fights

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

GreyjoyBastard posted:

"gently caress"

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

what a cursed thread. "alt centerists" really are just stupid and boring people.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I literally cannot wait to raise taxes on Nate Silver, Rob Lowe, and Donny Deutsch.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Saint Nicholas was Greek.

Watching Trump die inside is so cathartic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1188617918646509571

The press secretary hard at work.

At least Spicer gave us good times like hiding in the bushes.

among the bushes