Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Another D&D character:

close up:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Finished Astral Chain tonight. It's a pretty good game.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Any excuse to do Shovel Knight fanart

Also, couldn't pick just one ghost, so went with a bunch

And a small kenku

Chef Bourgeoisie fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 28, 2019

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

So stylish!

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

lofi posted:

So stylish!

pretty nice.

Here's another randomly generated D&D character (I re-rolled a couple of times, don't tell anyone)

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

There’s been some crazy good work this month from everyone.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
All these years drawing and I never really tried inventing backgrounds from imagination... Well, backgrounds that consisted of more than "clouds and squares that vaguely look like buildings". I have a lot of catching up to do.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Looking pretty good to me! I love the texture work, I can see that as a book cover.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

So after the redesign of my character I had to go back and redo all the animations. Turns out redoing them frame by frame is almost more painful than just redoing them from scratch altogether.

I really hope I won't have to redo this a second time.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

They look really good, though. Time well spent.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

day 27: dragon

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

lofi posted:

They look really good, though. Time well spent.

Thanks! Gonna need to do more animation work soon, so might do some streams for that again.

For tonight, more expression/lighting practise:

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
I was gonna do a still life that I set up but then I ate the fruit and just ended up googling for pictures instead and used this guy's.

My main goal has been to achieve competence with digital painting programs. They still feel frustratingly mysterious to me, but I guess only practice will fix that. Now I have to stop being so reliant on the color picker and get better with edge control. I have the wobbliest hands. You people with all your perfectly smooth line art are like magicians.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

bones 4 beginners posted:

I was gonna do a still life that I set up but then I ate the fruit and just ended up googling for pictures instead and used this guy's.

My main goal has been to achieve competence with digital painting programs. They still feel frustratingly mysterious to me, but I guess only practice will fix that. Now I have to stop being so reliant on the color picker and get better with edge control. I have the wobbliest hands. You people with all your perfectly smooth line art are like magicians.

Check out Ctrl+Paint. It has a bunch of painting tutorials focused on teaching you digital tools and tricks!

I did a Drawpile session today, but nobody joined me for it, so it was pretty depressing.

Pretty happy with these drawings though so I guess it's not all bad.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

gently caress knows what expression that is, but it's fairly accurate to the reference.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
Days 24-26! Maybe I'll actually finish on time!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

smallmouth posted:

There’s been some crazy good work this month from everyone.

Well - this is pretty drat good as well!

Inktober 2019 "Tasty"

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

I do not like the coloring on this, I would say I am better off doing smaller stuff for a while and get a better feel for the paints.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

The biggest problem to me is the blue on the leftmost windows - it's too saturated compared to the colours around it, it drags the attention there.

I admit, this one was a bit of a stretch, but it was this or a softball catcher which is DULL.

Also, Tasty is still my favourite of these inktober pics, so I made a nicer version of it:

I've had some prints done of it, and they look fucken awesome. Am I allowed to plug my shop here? If so, go fucken buy one. If not, uh, sorry?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

lofi posted:

The biggest problem to me is the blue on the leftmost windows - it's too saturated compared to the colours around it, it drags the attention there.
That was even worse, I made a mistake and tried to dilute it and failed. In general I really dislike the flatness of it as a whole but it was the only view I had from the window of the tearoom I was at. Backoutside I walked past a crooked, black bicycle leaning against the canal bridge, it was wearing a brightly colored scarf like Dr Who would. That was a zillion times more interesting than these stupid canal houses. I should have taken a picture and draw that.

lofi posted:

I've had some prints done of it, and they look fucken awesome. Am I allowed to plug my shop here? If so, go fucken buy one. If not, uh, sorry?
This made me have a peek at your site and yeah, your traditional art is really good!

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

day 28: flame skull

day 29: mimick

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

MEH!

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
The two from today were... odd.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Inktober 2019 "ornament"

Wait... were these supposed to be in order??

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 31, 2019

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

This just in: people will buy anything. I just had a first sale ever. Appears a bad rendition of a frog is worth :5bux:
Looked up the picture of said frog:

Keetron fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 31, 2019

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Grats, Keetron! :)

31 and done! :haw:

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Monstober day 30: kobold

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Decided to try and do Christmas cards this year.

Idea is to get it reduced and printed onto cards, then hand finish with colour.

It's the SS Richard Montgomery (a sunken ship full of explosives off the coast of the place I live), will be adding Christmas lights and something like, "Celebrate New Year with a Bang!" to the signs.

I tried doing light effects in black on the lights that are against the moon, but it didn't work, so I'm now blocking them out again, and will just handle that with colours once it's been shrunk and reproduced.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I drew a friend who dressed up for his D&D stream tonight. (Peak nerd?)

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
I actually finished Inktober and on time! :holy: Even thought I kept the final one super simple to help finish up

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Finishing Inktober off with a pair of Great Tits

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I love basket hatching more than makes any sense.

Well done on Inktober everyone!

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

So I'm really not happy with how the lights are coming out on my ship picture - especially not sure how they're going to work against the moon (though I can practice that via the magic of photocopies), any advice on how to make them work in black and white?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

I'd go for very thin broken black lines, but your post sounded like you might have tried that already. Maybe drop some clouds in front of the moon?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

I tried that and it looked too busy. Maybe I'll do tinsel instead of lights.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Other option, just a silhouette of a sleigh/deer flying in front of the moon.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I had a lot of trouble with this one. Not happy with how it turned out, either.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Monstober day 31: dogs playing dnd

Monstober day 32: ghost

I did a whole month of drawings!!

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

my buddy Superfly posted:

Monstober day 31: dogs playing dnd

Monstober day 32: ghost

I did a whole month of drawings!!

adorable :3

Here's a drawing I just finished of a d&d wizard character:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

That's sweet, how long did you work on it for?