Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I think I saw that beer commercial.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

You can't have life without death, man. It's all poetry.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Huh, never thought 'jumping the shark' was a thing you could intentionally try, let alone fail.

e: though I guess the term does lend itself accurately to what happened so guess they done did it

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

I bet he slipped right off. Sharks are smooth as hell.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Croatoan posted:

I bet he slipped right off. Sharks are smooth as hell.

Yeah, it's a real hard trick to pull off. But if you do, you're guaranteed a high score.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Huh, never thought 'jumping the shark' was a thing you could intentionally try, let alone fail.

... even though the phrase is based on something The Fonz intentionally tried to do?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

... even though the phrase is based on something The Fonz intentionally tried to do?

Sorry, I accidentally typed more words after 'never thought'

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The Fonz is a fictional character.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Sit on it Platystemon.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Platystemon posted:

Frictional, like a shark

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Platystemon posted:

You shut your whore mouth. The Fonz is real, and he's cool, and he's my friend.

You just wait until Mrs. C hears about what you said.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The Fonz is very real, but sharks are a complete fiction.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Inceltown posted:

Gender Reveal Explosion is the name of my college rock band.

Fatal Gender Reveal is the name of my Cradle of Filth punk cover band.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

You can open for my punk band Anal oval office Escalator Mishap.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apparently the gender reveal explosion happened because they wanted to make a small cannon that shoots out colored dust but accidentally made a pipe bomb instead. The person who was killed stood over 40 feet away and the fatal debris shot several times that distance after exiting the head.

At this point, the FBI better gets involved in case the one responsible making that cannon was secretly a white supremacist militia member. Or Agent 47.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

It's an obvious accident that doesn't need the FBI*

* not valid if brown.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

The MSJ posted:

At this point, the FBI better gets involved in case the one responsible making that cannon was secretly a white supremacist militia member. Or Agent 47.

Inceltown posted:

It's an obvious accident that doesn't need the FBI*

* not valid if brown.

This all tracks. :hmmyes:

Did the mum get a little taller, more masculine and with a barcode on the back of her head right before the tragedy?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

As is gender reveal parties weren't weird enough.
:monocle:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

First line in article just in case the headline doesn't give it away.

Warning: This article discusses sexual assault and violence, and includes a description of an indecent assault.

I was indecently assaulted by a man at Myer. As an 'alpha male' I've struggled with guilt and shame

Not quite sure if this qualifies as a weird headline but it's definitely odd.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I can't make fun of the poor guy as he is still struggling with coming to terms with being sexually assaulted, hopefully he'll figure out that clinging to false gender stereotypes is not helping any.

Don't feel bad if you were tricked and/or assaulted, it's not your fault.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Yeah, it's definitely not going in the schad thread. It was really the 'alpha male' thing that jumped out to make it sound odd. Absolute respect to him for getting it to court and getting a conviction, that is pretty heroic.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Inceltown posted:

First line in article just in case the headline doesn't give it away.

Warning: This article discusses sexual assault and violence, and includes a description of an indecent assault.

I was indecently assaulted by a man at Myer. As an 'alpha male' I've struggled with guilt and shame

Not quite sure if this qualifies as a weird headline but it's definitely odd.

article linked above posted:

A 2003 study by the Australian Centre for the Study of Sexual Assault found that 84 per cent of male sexual assault victims reported concerns about their sexuality, gender roles and/or body because of their experience.

This was the angle Bonorchis' lawyer took in court as he attempted to justify his client's actions.

"Mr McAllister are you a homosexual?"

"Mr McAllister have you had any homosexual experiences before?" his lawyer asked me.

gently caress that, I'd want that lawyer charged with contempt if he did that to me. It's irrelevant and he knows it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The MSJ posted:

Apparently the gender reveal explosion happened because they wanted to make a small cannon that shoots out colored dust but accidentally made a pipe bomb instead. The person who was killed stood over 40 feet away and the fatal debris shot several times that distance after exiting the head.

Allegedly, it was tape that confined the explosive.

This must be the stuff that duct tape legends are made of.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Cacafuego posted:

How many Finns does SA have?!?/quote]
Shittons.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Kennel posted:

Shittons.

I ended up here when Something Saami went under :shrug:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

saatana perkele

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Inceltown posted:

Yeah, it's definitely not going in the schad thread. It was really the 'alpha male' thing that jumped out to make it sound odd. Absolute respect to him for getting it to court and getting a conviction, that is pretty heroic.

It’s good that he’s telling his story, but it is off-putting that the very first thing he feels he needs to tell us is that he’s totally alpha. That dichotomy is at the heart of why men are ashamed to speak up when they’ve been victims of sexual assault.

Tiny lol at the only dialog we get after the introductions being his assaulter telling him his rippling muscle chest is too vast to be contained by the shirt he has chosen.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Kennel posted:

Shittons.

This is madness

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Something Awful, the premier English language Finnish messageboard. Come here and argue about AOC but actually vote KOK

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Ruflux posted:

This is madness

How is "the something awful forums are popular with incredibly surly alcoholic shutins" in any way surprising?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Memento posted:

How is "the something awful forums are popular
OK you lost me

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Memento posted:

How is "the something awful forums are popular with incredibly surly alcoholic shutins" in any way surprising?

Hey I'll have you know I'm not an alcoholic (mostly because I'm too poor to afford alcohol)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/41Strange/status/1189338803690971136

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It’s good that he’s telling his story, but it is off-putting that the very first thing he feels he needs to tell us is that he’s totally alpha. That dichotomy is at the heart of why men are ashamed to speak up when they’ve been victims of sexual assault.

Tiny lol at the only dialog we get after the introductions being his assaulter telling him his rippling muscle chest is too vast to be contained by the shirt he has chosen.

"It's good that he's telling his story, but really he should be telling the story I want him to tell."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

If that tiger eats anything harder than gold is gonna be in trouble...

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

If that tiger eats anything harder than gold is gonna be in trouble...

Yeah shoulda gone for diamond

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Imagine a thousand years from now people excavate a fossilized tiger and have to rewrite everything they thought they knew about tigers because clearly they had dentistry.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

That's clearly an aurumvorax, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I assume humans a thousand years from now would realize there were humans a thousand years earlier, but perhaps I'm being optimistic