Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

This but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
:yeshaha:
:maga:

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Preston Waters posted:

Do the SNP run candidates outside of Scotland? Because that sounds like a terrible idea if so

Only as part of the Nats' perfidious plan to seize Berwick

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

RobattoJesus posted:

Why does everything I love get ruined by gammons?

"Gammon" is offensive. "People of choler" is the preferred term.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

how do you like your brex in the morning?

i like mine with a kiss

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

terf gammon

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

all the slurs

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

euphronius posted:

lmao

lib dems won’t join labor tho right

It's unlikely that all Labour MPs will join Labour lol

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lib dems pushing for a 9th Dec election to catch the students and to allow themselves less time to prepare

thanks lib dems

thlib dems

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lib dems pushing for a 9th Dec election to catch the students and to allow themselves less time to prepare

thanks lib dems

thlib dems

it increases their chances at GE while brexit idpol remains strong. their polling is very good these days, though of course they're likely to actually hand bojo a majority unless something extraordinary happens

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/francesbarber13/status/1034116924651782144

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the lib dem position remains absurd - of course they want to campaign on maximum remain, but unless they're successful beyond all reason, which they won't be, their core issue will suffer in direct proportion to how well they do.

british politics are completely bizarre

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/Holdentheblue/status/996053336234307584

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenHabrit/status/1003611602980130817

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

V. Illych L. posted:

the lib dem position remains absurd - of course they want to campaign on maximum remain, but unless they're successful beyond all reason, which they won't be, their core issue will suffer in direct proportion to how well they do.

british politics are completely bizarre

The lib dems, who are campaigning on maximum remain, are most likely to join a coalition with the tories, who are campaigning on maximum :dehumanize:

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Has melt taken on another more sinister meaning that I'm not aware of?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Raffles posted:

no. just a person with no real political position or values, a windsock

they find it threatening because they do not, in fact, have explicit political positions or values

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Feldegast42 posted:

The lib dems, who are campaigning on maximum remain, are most likely to join a coalition with the tories, who are campaigning on maximum :dehumanize:

honestly i can't see swinson being that suicidal - she's not going to accept a brexit deal. she might, however, go in for a lib-con coalition on a referendum with remain on the ballot, which will likely be lost because remain couldn't even win when the government was on their side and the lib dems are awful at leading much of anything

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Raffles posted:

40 year olds finally have their own n word

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

V. Illych L. posted:

honestly i can't see swinson being that suicidal - she's not going to accept a brexit deal. she might, however, go in for a lib-con coalition on a referendum with remain on the ballot, which will likely be lost because remain couldn't even win when the government was on their side and the lib dems are awful at leading much of anything

Just a thread reminder that I have toxxed on the Lib Dems not going into a coalition with this Tory government. If I am wrong I will happily take the consequences for I will already be dead.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I remain amused that the megabrexit farage party that represents the will of the people is projected to get a total of 2 seats

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Lmaocracy

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

I thought I would relax a little when we got the extension but i'm still extremely stressed and worried hahahahaha gently caress

V. Illych L. posted:

Swinson doesn't want an election because she is going to lose her seat to the SNP again (this happened in 2015, she got it back in 2017).

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ya tbh i'm not as pessimistic about this election as some are. lib dems really really suck, and they should mostly be stealing votes in urban seats where labour's usually either really safe or has no chance. if farage's lot can split the brexit at all costs vote there's a real possibility for a labour-led coalition which can resolve the brexit issue and then call a new election on their actual manifesto. it's really hard to tell, though, because the world is a gently caress etc etc

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

marktheando posted:

I thought I would relax a little when we got the extension but i'm still extremely stressed and worried hahahahaha gently caress

Swinson doesn't want an election because she is going to lose her seat to the SNP again (this happened in 2015, she got it back in 2017).

she's making loud noises to the contrary, and polling is looking as strong as it's going to get

it would be hilarious if this happened though

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

AnoHito posted:

...Are y'all sure you're a democracy?

We are not, voting itself doesn't make you a democracy. North Koreans vote

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

V. Illych L. posted:

she's making loud noises to the contrary, and polling is looking as strong as it's going to get

it would be hilarious if this happened though

Both Lib Dems and SNP want a general election ASAP as they both stand to gain a much larger share of the vote. The Lib Dems especially need the general election before (if) we leave the EU as their entire platform revolves around it. Politically I can understand why they would push for the election even if it fucks a lot of things up.

The ideal situation for me would be a VONC in Boris and for Labour to lead a unity government that sorts Brexit out before we have a full general election, although the chances of that happening now are basically 0.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/1188844371598368770?s=19

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I like her. I bet she could punch somebody out if they were being a jackass.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
"Unlike #FBPE, of course."

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
gently caress your extensions

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

This was retweeted bij her lol

https://twitter.com/Rosiegdn/status/1188613859055194112?s=19

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

im a slug; i hiss at salt

HISSSSS

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Paranoid Peanut posted:

im a slug; i hiss at salt

HISSSSS
this is problematic to People of Means.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Seriously though, how dare you loving people get another extension. We didn't get any extensions on tump

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ikanreed posted:

Seriously though, how dare you loving people get another extension. We didn't get any extensions on tump

you're getting one soonish

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Just as we will have annual brextensions forever, so you will have trump every four years

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Kurtofan posted:

you're getting one soonish

None of that dry British wit, just hurry up and burn for my amusement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's called a flextension you fuxing moronx