Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
the scam of charity in all its forms is that only the ruling class gets to decide who benefits.

that janitor who invented flaming hot cheetos and saved frito-lay? never would have gotten a chance had the top execs not been desperate enough for a win

charter schools and "school choice"? benefits the children of the wealthy by design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
also :lol: at trying to call johnny a wealthy 1%er. just :lol:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bobmarleysghost posted:

everyone should just post their pay stubs - black out anything identifiable and write your username with a sparkle ink pen on it so we know it's legit

stymie's been hard at work preempting this for two decades now. his thread ratings have used up the maximum number of zeroes that the SA database can hold, so now he can't upload his W2

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
99.44% of "yosposters" have a computer

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
stymie has a computer, but he posts from the public library. not because he can't afford internet, but because he's too afraid that his computer will broadcast an ip address that yospos will trace to his home in greenwich ct

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

dragon enthusiast posted:

the scam of charity in all its forms is that only the ruling class gets to decide who benefits.

that janitor who invented flaming hot cheetos and saved frito-lay? never would have gotten a chance had the top execs not been desperate enough for a win

charter schools and "school choice"? benefits the children of the wealthy by design.

charter schools and "school choice" both have high likelihoods of sending the rich kids to schools that are worse at teaching tho, sometimes severely so, which is a societal good.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have really mixed feelings on charity in general because people use it to paper over critical social problems in a way that suits their beliefs

oh, look, we don't need to pay taxes to fund school lunch programs, because our church group makes meals for the kids instead! private charity solves the problem!! (only makes meals for poor white kids who go to their church, all the other kids go hungry)

like yeah if it helps people, it helps people. but it's too easy for people to point at the one example they like and pretend that we don't need to fix the underlying problem

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fishmech posted:

charter schools and "school choice" both have high likelihoods of sending the rich kids to schools that are worse at teaching tho, sometimes severely so, which is a societal good.

yeah but it doesn't negatively impact their life at all, and makes it harder to logically reason with them.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

like i loving hate it when i get those emails sent around saying "so and so has a horrible injury or disease, would you like to donate your unused leave time to them so they can take more time recovering without a pay cut?"

and i'm like no, gently caress YOU, you are the biggest piece of poo poo for (1) threatening their job while they are dying and (2) putting company profits over an employee's health and (3) guilting other employees into donating their time to cover the sick person so the company doesn't have to lose a penny of profits.

poo poo makes me really heated

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

like i loving hate it when i get those emails sent around saying "so and so has a horrible injury or disease, would you like to donate your unused leave time to them so they can take more time recovering without a pay cut?"

and i'm like no, gently caress YOU, you are the biggest piece of poo poo for (1) threatening their job while they are dying and (2) putting company profits over an employee's health and (3) guilting other employees into donating their time to cover the sick person so the company doesn't have to lose a penny of profits.

What, you get those emails from your employer? About your fellow employees?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

if they were really into charity they’d make it systemic through taxation and wealth redistribution

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

it's sad that poo poo like this doesn't make ten million laborers pick up the nearest sharp metal implement they can lay their hands on and get down to work

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Doom Mathematic posted:

What, you get those emails from your employer? About your fellow employees?

yep, it's a pretty common thing in the usa to my knowledge?

i don't get them regularly at the university bc we have pretty good benefits so the difference between "ran out of time off" and "can get on disability" is narrow (though i have seen a few here nevertheless). but at other places i've worked it was like a monthly occurrence. so and so broke their leg and only had five days off, please donate your banked PTO so that they can recover for another week

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

uncurable mlady posted:

stymie is quite obviously management

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Goddamn, how have you guys not guillotined your bosses yet? I can't even imagine reading that as a joke.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hey, gently caress off with accusing me of being management that poo poo is uncalled for

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah agreed, that's unfair. Executives aren't management; management does useful work

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

they’re not employees they’re contractors, ergo can’t be management

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jonny 290 posted:

Yeah agreed, that's unfair. Executives aren't management; management does useful work

you can gently caress straight off too, you bag of poo poo

your little diversion is cute and all but this is really going beyond the pale

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah i'm melting down here

i don't really react well to being accused of heinous poo poo like that

its basically the equivalent of casually accusing someone of being a chomo because you're losing an argument

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
congrats johnny, you got me to break so good on you

you can mark that one down as another scalp collected, now you can go back to never questioning your choices because you might get uncomfortable

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Take it easy, you've got a board meeting at the top of the hour. Don't want to be out of sorts for the Q3 reports. Namaste

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
lol this owns

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

El_Elegante posted:

lol this owns

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

apparently this is what happens when stymie gets stymied. lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i think u should continue to donate to charity since it pays my salary. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
wtf :pwn:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stymie posted:

yeah i'm melting down here

i don't really react well to being accused of heinous poo poo like that

its basically the equivalent of casually accusing someone of being a chomo because you're losing an argument

lol

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Jonny for admin

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

I know i'm a blaze scandigoon and all but that poo poo is just 100% black mirror to me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ambient oatmeal posted:

Jonny for admin

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
jonny i think the issue is that he's assuming you're calling him an executive of some minor-league small-cap company that would embarrass him in front of his wharton friends

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Stymie posted:

babyrage
we told you to shut your face hole

ambient oatmeal posted:

Jonny for admin

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

apparently this is what happens when stymie gets stymied. lol

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

the closer you get to stymie’s real occupation the madder they get because it would out them out and the rage has to act as a smoke screen

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I just skimmed most of this, is stymie a millionaire?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

ADINSX posted:

I just skimmed most of this, is stymie a millionaire?

worse... a bourgeoisie

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

worse... a bourgeoisie

Dang

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

PIZZA.BAT posted:

worse... a bourgeoisie

I don't know the stymie lore, can someone summarize?

Thank you in advance