Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

URF remains as awful as ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Tried veigar support got s rank and enemy team ffed at 1512 because the enemy trist ragequit :thumbsup:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

If you actually care at all about ARAM, let alone what people build, you gotta do some thinkin’

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Toxic Mental posted:

If you actually care at all about ARAM, let alone what people build, you gotta do some thinkin’

I played an ARAM with a Twitch today who was flaming our Graves for not building tank and also saying he should buy a Titanic Hydra. Not entirely sure if he was trolling or just stupid.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

njsykora posted:

Not entirely sure if he was trolling or just stupid.

what's the difference

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Not much, but I'm not going to mock someone as hard if it's the latter given I forgot ranged champs can't buy Sterak's a few days ago.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The level of dedication to the game depending on the game mode is not commonly shared between players. I think most don’t care about vs AI but to some it’s invaluable. You might just test out a champ in blind pick while others scoff at the idea that you haven’t even learned the best build yet. HOW DARE YOU! Ranked is the serious game mode, right? Where you play your best? Dude chill, lol. It’s not like we are in Diamond!

I feel very competitive about ARAM right now, but I like to think it is just because winning earns me more tokens, and I craaave those skins and that orange essence. I imagine after the event pass is over I’ll be back to building full crit on some non-AD champions.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
play ranked with /mute all and enjoy the complete random factor that is the 9 other players in the game. try to find the autofilled first timing janna player and farm them until they are worth less gold than a cannon minion

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Drakes posted:

Eh its just things that work, like anyone with poke is immediately a solid. Initiators with wombo combo ults are pretty awesome with blue/red masteries and getting as much ult cdr as possible. Although soraka is one of those picks that makes me ask why sometimes.

Blue/Red masteries are wrong.

The correct ARAM mastery setup for 99% of champions is

Dark Harvest
whatever
whatever
Ult Cooldown
+
Presence of Mind
Coup de Grace

If you're manaless, PoM becomes Triumph.

If you're not playing this on ARAM, you're probably doing it wrong.

If you're not doing this, and taking Clarity, you're doing it doubly wrong.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Not true. While Dark Harvest is extremely good for a lot of characters, tanks still want their tanking runes and ADC types crave Lethal Tempo or Fleet Footwork. Healing runes (Legend: Bloodline, Taste of Blood, Ravenous Hunter), Transcendence, and Gathering Storm are also impossibly valuable; basically, anything that lets you self-sustain and get around the inherent limitations of ARAM, or stacking CDR/damage when you can't. Leveraging said CDR into spamming CC is also a surefire way to win.

Item-wise, rules of thumb include maxing out Lethality/Magic Penetration cause hardly anyone builds defenses, buying Gargoyle Stoneplate when you ARE building defenses (its passive makes it by far the best value general defensive item), and skipping the lovely Guardian Items. Hammer/Orb have no niche whatsoever, while the Horn is only good on melee/tank characters that have no early means of self-healing, and therefore need the health regen.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 29, 2019

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I missed the exquisite joys of URF.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Mierenneuker posted:

The level of dedication to the game depending on the game mode is not commonly shared between players. I think most don’t care about vs AI but to some it’s invaluable. You might just test out a champ in blind pick while others scoff at the idea that you haven’t even learned the best build yet. HOW DARE YOU! Ranked is the serious game mode, right? Where you play your best? Dude chill, lol. It’s not like we are in Diamond!

I feel very competitive about ARAM right now, but I like to think it is just because winning earns me more tokens, and I craaave those skins and that orange essence. I imagine after the event pass is over I’ll be back to building full crit on some non-AD champions.

I use flex queue as my practice tool and it is honestly perfect for that

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Never played urf before. I know its all pure bullshit, but which character(s) are god king emperors of bullshit?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mindblast posted:

Never played urf before. I know its all pure bullshit, but which character(s) are god king emperors of bullshit?

play karthus and enjoy the exquisite feeling of being a bullet hell boss

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mindblast posted:

Warwick is pretty good, because you suppress people with your ult so their superlow cooldowns won’t help them. Your E is also up a lot. They can’t do much when they flee either.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 29, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Maokai literally can't be targeted once he maxes his root.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

URF is still hilariously fun. Great with friends.

Also ya imo, Maokai/Ezreal are the two most broken champs.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Been out of the game a bit, what's a cool urf Maokai item build?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I like URF because when the game is over ten minutes in its actually over and not over-but-I-have-to-play-for-another-half-hour-while-my-mid-calls-me-the-n-word

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Roid666 posted:

Been out of the game a bit, what's a cool urf Maokai item build?

Abyssal/warmogs/liandries is usually amusing

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

njsykora posted:

Maokai literally can't be targeted once he maxes his root.

This

QWQWQWQW

Set up the sapling IED bombs if you’re full AP all over the fuckin place

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Toxic Mental posted:

This

QWQWQWQW

Set up the sapling IED bombs if you’re full AP all over the fuckin place

Leona is great too

EWQEWQEWQEWQEWQEWQEWQEWQ

Lock down anyone permanently and you actually get really tanky due to how her W works.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8RDnVYT0rw

Kit looks insane

Her ult is a global Lux ult lmao

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

She's also getting one of the new music group skins.
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1189226039584665604

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2019/10/29/this-is-what-louis-vuitton-looks-like-league-legends/

The Qiyana prestige skin is Louis Vuitton themed and Senna is getting a LV-themed skin next year

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Oh yea she’s never gonna be a support, fuckin morons.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

A lot of her kit seems to be way less efficient if she's not with someone else, like I can't see her really working that well as a solo laner.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So does Pykes and he’s mostly not a support.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

:thunk:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video-games/2019/10/29/this-is-what-louis-vuitton-looks-like-league-legends/

The Qiyana prestige skin is Louis Vuitton themed and Senna is getting a LV-themed skin next year

someone please find my post saying “riot should work with a fashion house to make skins” please, and add it to the running tally

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Non-poo poo newspaper website shot of the prestige splash art by the way.
https://twitter.com/riotgames/status/1189230121250627584

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yes and his winrate is 47% and like 44% in masters with like 15% pick rate. Know why? Cause if he’s overturned they don’t play him support. We’ll see what happens with the new support items but I doubt much will change.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I mean they literally made it so he can't jungle or solo lane anymore, like mechanically the e nerf deleted his non-support roles. No amount of tuning is gonna fix that

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Toxic Mental posted:

The only time I get salty in ARAM is when the other team stands around waiting for respawns rather than just closing the game. It’s just usually a minute of nonsense but it bothers me because I like ARAM and I just want to play more ARAM.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Senna seems neat but I am sad they're adding more effects to the game that make champions invisible and un-targeteable by auto-attacks.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I know and it effects her whole team too, you’d think they would know better with Akali.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Firebert posted:

I thought this was a joke at first

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
The fact that you can always tell where she is is actually interesting though -- and no dashes to be found.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is that the first time they’ve changed a characters race for a skin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

senna looks really cool and fun.