Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Hey, I just figured out that holding Tab highlights everything for you. Don't think the game tells you that.

Also, where is the washerwoman's shack? I'm trying to find Ruby and the game's telling me to go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

SardonicTyrant posted:

Hey, I just figured out that holding Tab highlights everything for you. Don't think the game tells you that.

Yeah it doesn't, I discovered it because inifnity engine rpg experience made me press buttons right when the game started to see if there was something like that.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

I’m fairly certain it tells you right at the beginning of the game that tab does that.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

game tells you about tab-highlighting while you're stumbling around the hostel room, but it's pretty easy to miss

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

What are the requirements for that, because I don't know why I didn't hit max trust with Kim.

10 good cop points. you get further benefits for being at 20+, but 10 gets you the achievement

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm spoiled by the tab highlighting, I played a couple hours of Outer Worlds and kept pressing tab so it can tell me which things to interact with, and instead bring up the inventory screen multiple times

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 29, 2019

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I did every drug while enthusiastically telling Kim about it and he still trusted me.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

you get a giant "HOLD TAB TO HIGHLIGHT" message onscreen while you're trying to find your pants at the start of the game

Typhoon Jim
Sep 20, 2004

space moo
I hope that this game encourages more intense China Mieville energy in RPGs, as we need it desperately.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SardonicTyrant posted:

Also, where is the washerwoman's shack? I'm trying to find Ruby and the game's telling me to go there.

If it's Day 3 you should be able to head west past the waterlock, which was previously undergoing totally routine maintenance.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

lmao @ cuno. this game owns.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I knew from your posts that you would like it. Cheers to you and enjoy

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Zikan posted:

I’m fairly certain it tells you right at the beginning of the game that tab does that.

Yep. Also, pressing F1 gives you this screen of all in-game commands and tutorial summaries:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Perhaps a hamster posted:

Yep. Also, pressing F1 gives you this screen of all in-game commands and tutorial summaries:

whoa

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

CUNO DOESNT NEED TUTORIALS, CUNO DOESNT GIVE A gently caress ABOUT CONTROL, CUNO IS CONTROL!!!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Man, people had trouble getting Kim's trust? I got it *on the first day*. The cheevo literally triggered as he gave me his hubcaps. It was a good moment.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

wait, quick select?

:aaa:

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Bloody Pom posted:

Inland Empire and Shivers are the best stats in the game. Empathy and Perception a close second. Visual Calculus is cool but it doesn't come up nearly as often.

A good ranking, but I love Volition for its refreshing honesty.

I also basically had zero Esprit de Corps or Authority commentary in my game, although I can see how they would be fun.

Best is Reaction SpeedSavoir Faire for teleportation skills.

f#a# fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 29, 2019

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

f#a# posted:

Best is Reaction Speed for teleportation skills.
You mean Savoir Faire.

And Esprit de Corps was super active in my game. Also, Composure popped up a lot too, and I'm pretty sure a couple of encounters would've ended up very differently if it didn't. IIRC it's the skill that allows you to stare down Evrart and *not* sit in the drat chair during that first encounter.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Welp, the tribunal did not end well.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Excelzior posted:

wait, quick select?

:aaa:

First F1 and no one knew you can select your responses with numbers? A shameful amount of players who never played cRPG's in this thread. :colbert:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

frajaq posted:

Anyone has the song that plays during the merc tribunal

frajaq posted:

thank you, it's at 1:51:47 if anyone wants it

god loving drat it this is the hot poo poo right there

there is this just right amount of Morricone to make it great, like a modern psychedelic take on The Good, The Bad and the Ugly standoff

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Xarbala posted:

Exactly how much of a mess were you

But that's the thing: not at all. I didn't drink or do drugs (even when he couldn't see me). I wasn't rude to him, I let him step in when he seemed like he wanted to step in. I didn't steal the boots or mess up the autopsy for laughs, I was honest with him as much as I can recall, I listened to his advice for foiling Evrart's plans and not telling Joyce about our investigation. The death notification went about as well as it could have possibly gone. I might have apologized too much, maybe. I did slip away to see Joyce once to ask her about something Kim didn't want me to know. I admitted that when talking to the Paledriver, and I guess saying that it terrified me might have been a negative thing, but I had a 97% check in the Tribunal ("Kim really trusts you"). and I almost ended the interrogation of the suspect without going over the gun, but I went back and finished that line of information

I guess the margin for max trust might be a really slim thing?

dmboogie posted:

10 good cop points. you get further benefits for being at 20+, but 10 gets you the achievement

At the end of the game, I have 35 Good Cop points. :shrug:

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 29, 2019

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Composure popped up a lot too, and I'm pretty sure a couple of encounters would've ended up very differently if it didn't. IIRC it's the skill that allows you to stare down Evrart and *not* sit in the drat chair during that first encounter.

Regarding Everart, that early check for standing up was Volition for me, and I failed in my first playthrough("You're no titan of Voltion, buddy. Take a seat."), but succeeded in my second ("You're a titan of volition but he's really insistent") so I still needed to sit :(

f#a# fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 29, 2019

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

But that's the thing: not at all. I didn't drink or do drugs (even when he couldn't see me). I wasn't rude to him, I let him step in when he seemed like he wanted to step in. I didn't steal the boots or mess up the autopsy for laughs, I was honest with him as much as I can recall, I listened to his advice for foiling Evrart's plans and not telling Joyce about our investigation. The death notification went about as well as it could have possibly gone. I might have apologized too much, maybe. I did slip away to see Joyce once to ask her about something Kim didn't want me to know. I admitted that when talking to the Paledriver, and I guess saying that it terrified me might have been a negative thing, but I had a 97% check in the Tribunal ("Kim really trusts you"). and I almost ended the interrogation of the suspect without going over the gun, but I went back and finished that line of information

I guess the margin for max trust might be a really slim thing?

At the end of the game, I have 35 Good Cop points. :shrug:

The achievement glitched, 100%.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

f#a# posted:

Regarding Everart, that early check for standing up was Volition for me, and I failed in my first playthrough("You're no titan of Voltion, buddy. Take a seat."), but succeeded in my second ("You're a titan of volition but he's really insistent") so I still needed to sit :(

Got curious enough to dig up old save files and you're right, it's Volition that's checked there. Not sure why you still had to sit though, I just kept standing until he called me stubborn and finally gave in. Composure is the one that helps you *not* lose your poo poo over lost gun, so they both have a massive influence in that encounter.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Speaking of achievements, is the "Gluten-Free Topping Pie" one bugged? It's sitting at 0% on steam and I hit a dialogue that seems like it should have rewarded it. Specifically I got the cryptofascist to admit his day job is pie delivery.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

I managed to max out Kim's trust in me at the perfect moment

I got it after shoving the body into a giant bear fridge and finally passing the perception check to find the bullet in the merc, it triggered just as Kim was congratulating me on finding something he himself over looked.

It was especially great because we had a conversation where I said I thought that everyone in my department probably saw me as a joke and Kim basically said "Well, let's go prove them wrong. So at that moment I had justified the ridiculous amount of faith Kim was placing in Harry.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yeah the threshold is not high. earlyish spoilers I got the cheevo on an otherwise pretty mixed first day immediately after finding the bullet during the autopsy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah I got the cheevo the instant I found the bullet in the autopsy. I'd also shot down the body so that may also have been a big boost.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Just finished the game about 10 minutes ago. Absolutely transcendental experience in gaming. Most RPGs I’ve played have a hard time sticking the landing but drat does the ending of this game do a glorious dismount. I loved the conversations at the end. I loved learning about amnesiacop’s hairy past. Kim is the best party member/NPC in any game ever. Every NPC in the game began to feel like family. The play through took me 38 hours and I still had some unsolved quests. It’s a very very dense game with so many opportunities to role play. It’s insane. It might be the best game I’ve ever played, I’m immediately starting a new play through, and I hope beyond hope we get a huge sequel. I hope ZA/UM joins the likes of CDPR in becoming the next RPG indie house to be raised to mega stardom and they absolutely deserve it. drat. Can’t stop gushing. How the gently caress am I supposed to enjoy Outer Worlds now?

Edit: how different are the subsequent play throughs? Since so many skill checks can be retaken, it feels like I missed very little. Are there lots more quests I may have totally missed? I played 2/6/2/2 for what it’s worth.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

chaosapiant posted:

Edit: how different are the subsequent play throughs? Since so many skill checks can be retaken, it feels like I missed very little. Are there lots more quests I may have totally missed? I played 2/6/2/2 for what it’s worth.

the passive skill checks are honestly a bigger deal than the ones you actively roll for; there's a shitton you'll never see without their stats pumped high, and you don't get notified for like 90% of the ones you fail

there are a couple big quest resolution branches, but yeah you probably hit all the major quests. most of the difference will be just the dialogue from choosing different ideologies/coptypes + your skills, but that's still a lot of dialogue

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

First F1 and no one knew you can select your responses with numbers? A shameful amount of players who never played cRPG's in this thread. :colbert:

oh..I thought it meant you could assign hotkeys to certain tools or clothes

that's it? I knew that. Boring.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

No Mods No Masters posted:

I knew from your posts that you would like it. Cheers to you and enjoy

thank’s

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I got the good cop achievement at the end of Day 1 during the debrief on the balcony. It just felt right :3:

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Finished the game. GOAT. God drat I don't even want to read the spoilers because I'm scared I'll spoil myself of the many things I didn't do.

On the other hand I really like that I didn't savescum once and I really loved how the story unfolded. gently caress I didn't even recover my gun!

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

turboraton posted:

Finished the game. GOAT. God drat I don't even want to read the spoilers because I'm scared I'll spoil myself of the many things I didn't do.

On the other hand I really like that I didn't savescum once and I really loved how the story unfolded. gently caress I didn't even recover my gun!

No poo poo you missed out. The person who has your gun is great

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

where do I keep my medicines, I picked up quite a few and can’t find them in inventory.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

a fatguy baldspot posted:

where do I keep my medicines, I picked up quite a few and can’t find them in inventory.

Bottom left above the health bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I'm super-duper unclear, is there a ticking clock? Because goddamn there is so much to do. I restarted at the end of day 1 because Kim's a cool guy and I didn't want him pawning his stuff to pay for my drunk rear end, and on attempt #2 I accomplished nearly none of what I did on day 1.