Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

bobmarleysghost posted:

I don't know the stymie lore, can someone summarize?

Thank you in advance

stymie has spent the last five years insisting that being a computer dweeb isn't "real work" and moreover is corrupting of both the soul of man and society as a whole

real men face to bloodshed and work for $10 an hour digging ditches because that's how you get to know the real america or purify yourself or something

the gimmick has never been super clear

but over time it has become more and more obvious that stymie is, him- or her-self, a technology professional, hence the interest in constantly browsing yospos, and not just that, but a rather wealthy one

"lol u scrubs don't even know how rich you are, look at this essay about $500k households" yeah right stymie i'll get right on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
what's our basis for inferring stymie is rich/management etc? other than you hit a nerve clarly which could be interpreted either way.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

what's our basis for inferring stymie is rich/management etc? other than you hit a nerve clarly which could be interpreted either way.

won't stop posting poo poo like that link to the household earning 500k, as if that is somehow relevant to the average yosposter

stymie is extremely out of touch, so the question is, is it because stymie is rich as gently caress and self-loathing, or because stymie has no idea what we do here, and has spent the last five years reading yospos compulsively for ???? reasons

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

just go read the johnny 290 posts on the past few pages. starts 3-4 pages ago.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
the rich but self-loathing hypothesis is way more yospos, so i prefer that one to be true

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Jonny 290 posted:

so says the silicon valley c-level exec that breaks 2 million a year but has a gimmick account in a computer touchers forum where his schtick is pretending to be a $13/hr concrete finisher

this is where it starts.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
yeah but that's just jonny aiming to get a rise out of him it's not an inference based off anything specific afaict.

anyways this thread remains lol

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
lmao

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Those are oddly specific figures, has he/she alluded to that?

Stymie get back in here and clarify, i know you're reading this

E: earlier you asked Johnny what would make him believe that you're not a wayward exec. How much do you make a year, including bonuses and stocks and poo poo

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 29, 2019

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
it's a longstanding pattern of gimmick posting that just doesn't hang together

a fellow who just cannot convincingly pretend

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Stymie posted:

ergo i'm loath

lmao

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

El_Elegante posted:

lol this owns

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
did autocorrect remove the "some" at the end?

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

El_Elegante posted:

lol this owns

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

El_Elegante posted:

lol this owns

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

El_Elegante posted:

lol this owns

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

stymie has spent the last five years insisting that being a computer dweeb isn't "real work" and moreover is corrupting of both the soul of man and society as a whole

real men face to bloodshed and work for $10 an hour digging ditches because that's how you get to know the real america or purify yourself or something

the gimmick has never been super clear

blood and soil fascism

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

FMguru posted:

did autocorrect remove the "some" at the end?

lol

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this is a great tl;dr and your post above is a great summary

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

El_Elegante posted:

lol this owns

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i mean anyone with two brain cells figured this out when he started waxing poetic about labor at all hours through the laborers’ day

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i mean anyone with two brain cells figured this out when he started waxing poetic about labor at all hours through the laborers’ day

lol

well put

only office workers have that kind of free time for 16 hours a day

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Best stymie derail in at least 5 years

mystes
May 31, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Thank you for submitting your review to stymieposts.com.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

It was great when they claimed they had some enlightened knowledge, and when pressed for what that knowledge was, all they said was "you have to get to the conclusion yourself" without stating what they concluded in the end.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bob dobbs is dead posted:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

El_Elegante posted:

lol this owns

Sagebrush posted:

apparently this is what happens when stymie gets stymied. lol

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

PIZZA.BAT posted:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Sagebrush posted:

i like this turn of phrase and am surprised that i've never seen it before
back during the last bubble i got a lot of mileage out of “nouveau poor”

Mr. Nice! posted:

also :lol: at trying to call johnny a wealthy 1%er. just :lol:

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
how is it that stymie is able to guarantee that we all, without a doubt, are wealthier than him? could it be that, as an executive officer of a high-profile technology company, all his wealth is stored in special-purpose investment vehicles that cannot be attributed to him? after all, stymie is well known to post sincerely, in good faith and without hyperbole, so it seems like the most likely explanation. i'll bet that by "up my volunteer work" he is referring to the mouse movements and clicks required to transfer a few deece figgies from his ubs account to his donor-advised fund

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

also :lol: at trying to call johnny a wealthy 1%er. just :lol:

jonny does alright but a 1%er he aint

(neither am i!)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

loling again that after many years stymie melted down over an "i know you are but what am i"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Stymie is actually the collective unconsciousness of Yospos.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

hey stymie wire each of us $100k and we'll call it even

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

I’m cheap, 10k and I’ll declare stymie the best poster in yospos. put it in my av, even

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
stymie probably has an estate

with real laborers who keep it running

mystes
May 31, 2006

Nomnom Cookie posted:

I’m cheap, 10k and I’ll declare stymie the best poster in yospos. put it in my av, even
I offer Stymie praising as a service. Sign up for an API key now and pay a low fee of only $100 per API call.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

eschaton posted:

stymie probably has an estate

with real laborers who keep it running

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

mystes posted:

I offer Stymie praising as a service. Sign up for an API key now and pay a low fee of only $100 per API call.

this, but for facebook

labor-centric blood and soil messaging that will follow any page you like

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Nice meltdown by stymie. does this mean yospos won and we can now live shitpost in unity and peace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

does this mean it is ok to guillotine stymie when the revolution comes?