Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

The Autmosphere - 8PT-JJ6-CWG - I have been informed that this stage is an auto-scroller and that this is Bad. However, in defiance of society's rules I have decided to create and post this stage anyway, so that we may become a more open civilization. Dance the dance of life with me, friends.

I liked this stage. It felt like a real Mario 3 stage to me.

Also, here's a stage I put together.

6S3-8VP-KNF

There are multiple ways to beat it, and sometimes you can recover even if you "mess up" what you were "supposed to do".

Inu fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 20, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In case anybody is interested I host events for the god gamers over in the Imp Zone to compete in multiplayer games of a wide variety, usually fighting games. But this time it's a competitive MM2 bracket. It will be starting here https://www.twitch.tv/in_training at 8 PM. Be sure to treat the Follow button to dinner before you try and take it home.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I co-designed another level with my wife, although she wound up wrangling the baby for the second half.

Rise & Fall of the Roman Empire
2DV-V09-6LF

A Castle level in two parts with rising and falling lava in both. This isn't kaizo, and it's nowhere near what I see some others putting out, but I think it's pretty hard for a level that is (I hope) in the "Nintendoesque" range, albeit on the upper level. It's definitely harder than most of what I've made before, and will hopefully be a decent challenge. I died a bunch of times clearing it.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

I made another couple little things, one just a single thing puzzle and the other a more traditional SMB1 style course:

NYX-TBY-TTG - Monty's Maritime Militia
I like monty moles and the way they wear things on their heads when they pop out of the ground. Platforming and swimming with fire flower or superball powerup, monty moles, pirhanas, and cannons.

GLG-VH5-6XG - A Box Jump
3D World puzzle: You have a box and a large body of lava to cross. Use momentum to cross the gap and win.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

For my own future reference, here's the 107 levels that have been posted since I tapped out. I know I've already played a few of these just by virtue of having a few people followed and occasionally booting up the game, but I'll have to remember which at this point.

It's safe to say at this point that I'm not going to offer individual comments in the thread on these, except I think I'm going to make a handwritten one for each in-game. tonberi is a level-making machine

Gnome Enthusiast Piranha Poison Pond - 52X-J91-Y9G
Blue Red Green Ravine - HH6-7HB-6XF
The Spookysphere - 3KG-MSV-DJF
Rainy Ride - 5DC-939-XXG
The Water Tower - CFB-R2J-HSF
Plumber's Delight - F20-TJH-FNG
Magma Moat - WTQ--0S4-2WF
Terror Lake - 5NK-V77-GXG
Cannonball Clouds - QSW-SF8-8HG
The Great Chomp Plateau - L25-8LM-VWG
Cocoa Caldera - 857-M67-32H
Bullet Bog - LJQ-K45-G4G
The Autmosphere - 8PT-JJ6-CWG
tonberi TG9-6FH-MTG Teresa's AirBNB
YG2-PQT-G0G A Perfectly Normal Bridge
PJ7-GJ6-VFG Rounddog Hill v3
C1L-BBR-4YF --- maRio Type v4
54M-MCB-T3G Goomba's Deser Retreat v3
T2T-113-4LG MSS: Forward Processing Plant
Koopa's Sky Playground - M39-LJ5-BSG
YNW-J6K-WRF - Dirty River Rafting
0K7-7JL-WNF - Wobbly Vine Ascension
BD4-8NC-50H - Deep Sea Base Assault
Q07-S9H-FTG Underground Key Battle
41S-JBX-90G - Skipsqueaks are Cute
D9X-PGH-SNG - Bowser's Nauseating Castle
8KK-PQF-S2G - Galoomba’s Grotto
QDK-0XR-71G - Thwomps in the Night
4KG-T3N-FMG - Goomba Village
45N-108-J0G - Banzai ReBillion
2JN-2LR-6WG - Under Ground 2
JR0-JDW-7SG - Windy Pyramid Challenge
NYX-TBY-TTG - Monty's Maritime Militia
GLG-VH5-6XG - A Box Jump
mektarian Gizmo Lab HPW-2JN-0YF
May Contain Nuts Blast Radius 1.3 RP7-C7K-P3G
Rule #2: Double Tap RMX-DQ1-FKF
Green Shift KDL-GY6-0NF
Spring Water GLV-875-HYF
Spiky Hallway 8CB-FWW-2SF
Fetch me a koopa! V84-Y3L-C0H
Cuddlebug Ghost House G2S-CK0-VSF
Proximity Triggered S53-FWR-R3G
Package Delivery JW2-N40-4TF
10 second [!] jumps N5N-RJF-3YF
Spring Extrusion JK9-2DL-WOG
Spiny Path 1x POW D7R-P94-76G
Spiny Path 2x POW N92-WC5-Q0G
Spiny Path 3x POW DF8-VDB-2TG
Straight White Shark Nega-Zone Nightmare 9XL-30M-PRF
Koopa Karnival PD3-FD0-4TF
Crass Casualty Boss Wants the Goomba Whacked TQM-HGD-4KG
blakyoshi It's The Pipes Again 98J-3B7-02H
The Sun's Personal Space F0M-C83-HMG
MSS: Space Fortress A Baoa Koopa PBX-0T9-RTG
Fish In A Starry Sky 5BD-SJQ-BGF
It's Cold Up There QQQ-N42-4XF
ThisIsACoolGuy MSS: Planet Plunder 37H-6SD-DDG
Mushroom Mines RW4-D70-GYF
Hardcordion Tailwind Wastes - 1BC 95V TBG
Hamburger Bog - 5Q0 30C 1KG
Spirit Spire - P6B-L0X-4HF
Suspicious Cook Ski Resort to Violence MH5-CP0-D1G
Kamek's Magicworks FX9-HX1-MDG
MSS: Conversion Core Crisis 71R-QF2-4HG
Crate Expectations XHK-06H-3FF
DarkLich SMV 6-1: Bone-Dry Dunes TD8-XNK-6XG
SMV 6-2: Thwomp Ruins II W56-10W-6GF
SMV 6-3: Forgotten Fleet P45-J8X-WLF
SMV 6-B: Skyward Smash T2R-JT3-0HF
SMV 7-1: Gusty Garden Galaxy 6XT-X3C-PXF
SMV 7-2: Dimensional Drift 8TY-56N-WMG
SMV 7-3: Battlerock Barrage BLC-LBJ-BLG
SMV 7-B: Molten Moonbase 685-FVF-PKF
SMV 8-1: Buzzy Battalion DC1-9H7-MCG
SMV 8-2: Shivering Cemetary S5P-4XS-TLF
SMV 8-3: Bob-omb Bop DC9-M2Y-DNF
SMV 8-B: Palace of Pain SRX-Y90-XGF
Ignoranus K2P-BPN-FRG
OneMoreTime Wreck the Replicators! 3RW-D05-F9G
Salastine Stormy Shipyard: ID: T8B-J3V-T7G
Gravity Grotto: ID: HPR-N2G-PVG
Rhythmancer MSS: Abductor Fleet FLN-KW4-YPG
Too Shy Guy Beneath the Behemoth: 125-G8G-3YG
MSS: Koopa Caper H1F-SDB-CQF
LIVE AMMO COSPLAY Spin Zone KVC-3HD-K5G
Macaluso MSS: Asteroid Mine Mission RWD-NYJ-TMG
Last Visible Dog MSS: Blastoff! 1B7-CWB-DLF
il_cornuto GLS-5VW-K6G Frozen Passage
Good Sphere To the Spiky Tunnel Escapade DHC-5WM-7HG
HitlerSaurus Christ Jokers' trick 47W-BHN-0WG
Relevant Tangent Ceiling of the Cow Cult QVV-RYV-GGG
Collapsed Temple of the Cow Cult WTR-W8R-T4G
J-Spot Who Stole My Goal? Course ID: D1V-0HR-HQF
Argue Beware The Beasts Below 0PF 94B NLF
Palmtree Panic Jungle Stack: NM3-PRQ-BMG
Thwomp-iscle Course: LGP-1G2-WSF
Fishnado Mountain: Q4Y-8DF-2KG
Flint_Paper 8PM-M3N-4KG
Chiral Pipes: 87Q-0W6-7TF
Do not free the ghost: BLW-LXF-FWG
Inu Ghost Hauwss 83Q-T5W-GMG
Thwomp Help 643-Y6K-89G
Take the Custodian's Key B2T-PSW-12H
6S3-8VP-KNF
guppy Cave of Wonders B6C-52L-91H
Rise & Fall of the Roman Empire 2DV-V09-6LF

done!

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 5, 2019

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Slippery Wintery Wonderland
83L-FSM-LJF
A very simple throwback course to Super Mario Bros. 1. Wanted it to feel like if SMB1 had ice and falling icicles.

Jungle Stack Trek
SWV-M5J-GSF
So I posted a level called Jungle Stack a few weeks ago. Noticed someone had a world record of 33 seconds and discovered there was a jump where you can reach the upper level and skip more than half of it. Always double check your levels folks! Re uploaded it and added a few minor things.

Wow, Phantasium that is quite the list of levels you compiled. Good luck & enjoy! I have a ton of goon levels to play now too.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I made a level. Had an idea for an excavation level after watching a streamer play a terrible autoscroller. I know excavation is universally hated so I tried to make it as painless as possible. Hopefully the COOL IDEA makes it worth it. I tried to make it pretty also.

Anyway it's my first MM2 level, so I welcome any feedback.

Armageddon Outta Hurr:
XPL-KC5-BGF

Udenpah
Mar 26, 2007
To see the mote that I preferred to all the lists of clay
Phantasium, that's a hefty chunk o' goon levels. I've been slowly plowing through them, though nowhere near your/J-spot's pace, and trying to follow more folks as they post stages. tonberi indeed churns them out at a frightening pace while I've been struggling to finalize 3 different rough draft levels for like 2 weeks.

Palmtree Panic posted:

83L-FSM-LJF

Jungle Stack Trek
SWV-M5J-GSF

I liked Palmtree panic. Nice aesthetic and solid, simple platforming. Nailed the traditional feel. Also, I just like the ice theme.

Jungle stack is good, too. The first part was snappy, reasonable progression of the gimmick, and satisfying secrets.

guppy posted:

2DV-V09-6LF

Another good one. Nice presentation, reasonably paced, and driving dry bones shells around is fun. The difficulty level was fine to me, though I kept hitting fire bars hidden by lava due to my impatience.

Flint_Paper posted:

Chiral Pipes:
87Q-0W6-7TF

Do not free the ghost:
BLW-LXF-FWG

I enjoyed the gimmick on Chiral pipes and it was fun to play. I couldn't get anywhere near the world record and I'm curious about their route.

Also, I freed the ghost.

Udenpah fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 23, 2019

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Thanks for the kind words. Y'all who play every goon level that comes out are saints.

I'm having some real frustrations with screen locking. Once and for all, what are the rules? I'm currently working on a Forest level (so there's water at the bottom) with underwater sub-areas. I'm trying to section off individual rooms in the sub-area so that you can't see outside of them. Weirdly, I could swear this worked until I added the second room, but I don't understand what rule I'm breaking. My test case is the first sub-room right now, and I am making sure I start from the beginning and load into it as a player would, but the screen is definitely not locked. I want to lock vertically for the entire sub-room, and I want to lock horizontally at the end so the right-hand wall is the farthest right thing you can see. (The room is about 4 "areas" wide.) The room is surrounded by a combination of Hard and Ground blocks, and there are some bottomless pits at the bottom. Things I've tried:

• Filling in the bottomless pits. I don't want to do that, but if it were the only way, fine. That didn't work either.

• Making the entire border Ground blocks.

• Making the entire border Hard blocks.

• Moving the second room (which used to be immediately above the first room) caddy-corner to the first room.

• Moving the second room an entire screen further to the right.

• Adjusting contents (like pipes) so that they don't interrupt the room top border.

I don't understand why this stopped working and it's maddening. I wish you could just manually designate scroll borders instead of trying to figure out what the problem is like you're deciphering the Rosetta Stone.

guppy fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 23, 2019

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

I believe all you need to do to lock the screen is have a solid line of ground tiles / hard blocks (maybe others will work, but I know for sure those two do) the entire length / height of the subarea. They should be spaced at least a screen apart, and go all the way from one end of the subarea to the other (left to right or top to bottom).

So, if you want to limit the view to one screen vertically on a horizontal subarea, you'll have to run a line of ground tiles and/or hard blocks along the entire length of the subarea. Also, if you don't place anything on the higher of two screens in a horizontal area, the screen will behave like smb1 and should you only need to make the line one screen high to stop camera scrolling horizontally.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

tonberi posted:

I believe all you need to do to lock the screen is have a solid line of ground tiles / hard blocks (maybe others will work, but I know for sure those two do) the entire length / height of the subarea. They should be spaced at least a screen apart, and go all the way from one end of the subarea to the other (left to right or top to bottom).

So, if you want to limit the view to one screen vertically on a horizontal subarea, you'll have to run a line of ground tiles and/or hard blocks along the entire length of the subarea. Also, if you don't place anything on the higher of two screens in a horizontal area, the screen will behave like smb1 and should you only need to make the line one screen high to stop camera scrolling horizontally.

I did this, though, that's the problem. The first room starts on the bottom-left corner of the sub-area; the left wall is composed of hard blocks and goes all the way to the top of the bottom "cell," the ceiling is composed of ground blocks and goes all the way to the end of the 4th "cell," and the right wall is composed of hard blocks again and again goes from the top of the cell to the very bottom. The bottom of the room has bottomless pits, but I tried filling them in with ground blocks and it didn't help.

I put the second sub-room on the top half of the screen. It's the same setup, but am I not allowed to have rooms on both the top and bottom halves of the sub-area if I want to screen lock them? That would be a bummer, since it would halve the available real estate.

EDIT: Wait, I think I understand what you're saying. I need to run the ceiling all the way to the end of the sub-area, even if I'm not using all that space for the room I want to lock?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yup that's probably it. If the other area wasn't in the upper half the screen would automatically lock, but since you're using more blocks off screen it frees up the vertical scrolling without a subarea-length ceiling

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

guppy posted:

EDIT: Wait, I think I understand what you're saying. I need to run the ceiling all the way to the end of the sub-area, even if I'm not using all that space for the room I want to lock?

Exactly, the entire subarea will have to be divided along those lines, so in your case you'll need to extend the ceiling / floor across the entire subarea, and if you want horizontal scroll lock, your two sections will have to be the same length or one shorter than the other.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Boy, don't get the flu. Turns out it kinda sucks! Level list for tonight's stream at 6 PM PDT/ 9 PM EDT

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

Chiral Pipes
By: Flint_Paper 87Q-0W6-7TF

The Autmosphere
By: Gnome Enthusiast 8PT-JJ6-CWG

Do not free the ghost
By: Flint_Paper BLW-LXF-FWG

Spring Extrusion
By: May Contain Nuts JK9-2DL-WOG

Inu's Level
By: Inu 6S3-8VP-KNF

By: Guppy 2DV-V09-6LF

Monty's Maritime Militia
By: Tonberi NYX-TBY-TTG

By: Palmtree Panic 83L-FSM-LJF

A Box Jump
By: Tonberi GLG-VH5-6XG

Jungle Stack Trek
By: Palmtree Panic SWV-M5J-GSF

Armageddon Outta Hurr:
By: Rodshaft XPL-KC5-BGF

I'll likely throw in some Random Acts of Mario and Reddit levels, but these levels will come first. Just like last time, I'll make sure to timestamp them as well.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Sorry to hear about your flu, I hope you're feeling better!

Here's a new level:

Das Boot
BSS-FYJ-7TG

Like most of my levels, this level began as a silly joke, but hopefully it turned out okay! I tried to find a quote from the movie for the description, but none of them were really appropriate.

EDIT:

tonberi posted:

This was definitely the problem. Thank you!

guppy fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 24, 2019

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious
I'm gonna miss the steam tonight, have fun with my stuffs.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Thanks Guppy, still a little malaise but on the mend regardless!

May Contain Nuts posted:

I'm gonna miss the steam tonight, have fun with my stuffs.

No worries, I'm sure we'll have plenty of fun with them : )

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

May Contain Nuts has now driven me nuts.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Phantasium posted:

May Contain Nuts has now driven me nuts.

I haven't opened up Mario Maker in a couple of weeks, but I had to start paying closer attention to usernames and start skipping May Contain Nuts' levels because I could never figure out what I was supposed to do for any his that I played :v:

A few minutes in to the level being like "what the gently caress?" I'd stop and be like "wait a minute..." and sure enough, it's a May Contain Nuts level

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I could not let myself be defeated and beat all the ones I had for him. Not today, dang it.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Stream complete! Thanks again to everyone who joined us.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/499114247

Chiral Pipes 00:07:25

The Autmosphere 00:15:00

Do not free the ghost 00:20:30

Spring Extrusion 00:40:30
By: May Contain Nuts JK9-2DL-WPG

Steam Conquers the Atlantic 01:01:00

Rise & Fall of the Roman Empire 01:24:30

Monty's Maritime Militia 01:37:15

Slippery Wintery Wonderland 01:44:00

A Box Jump 01:48:15

Jungle Stack Trek 01:53:00

Armageddon Outta Hurr 01:58:30

=Reddit Levels=

Pro Ninja Platforming 02:03:30
By: FCBitb Y6N-QMQ-QGF

Aero Zeppelin 02:11:40
By: Linkage8 H78-BC8-0QF

Spooky Muncher Mansion 02:21:15
By: ImADevLol 6S7-8F3-5YF

Space Adventure Mario level 02:51:20
By: BruceForce88 2D6-JLV-VQG

Cellar Door 2:57:00
By: Bowserjeffery 2KG-5WY-YMF

=Viewer Levels=

Over-Under-Inbetween 00:45:45
the_ivo_shandor B48-DG6-QRF

SHellshocked: simple stunts
By: Ali_jam1 2PX-MF0-7QF 1:11:45

Don't follow your intuition! 01:32:00
By: TylerDarkFlame 6XK-DWJ-NDG

Speedrun Deluxe!
By: Wreferiii 0P3-6M5-JSF

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

:mario:
Lava Arlette
S3N-L5T-QWF
Super Mario World
Castle Level
:yoshi:

Quit my job, so now I have time to make levels. This is my first attempt at one ever. It is a super mario world level where you meander around a densely packed castle while avoiding a creeping wall of lava. Intimidating, but probably easy once you understand the ins and outs.

I have been playing through every level posted in here since July. Some of the best levels I've played are in here. Yall are dope.

I looked to the mario cartoon on netflix for some level building tips. It was less inspirational than I had hoped.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I missed this last night. Thanks for playing my stage! I definitely want to get rid of that ninja mole right below the first power up that kept hitting you every time. Seeing someone else play made me realize that the placement wasn't so good.

And I can see now how sometimes it's a little unclear which way you're supposed to go. (Especially after that pipe you fall out of if you take that route. The coins make you want to go down the wrong way and backtrack, negating the fact that you actually went the superior route.)

It's hard to see these things when you know the level inside-out right from the beginning because you made it.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Going to be doing viewer levels and adventuring into the madness that is endless:
https://www.twitch.tv/pizza_skeleton

Hop in right now!

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Squiddy City - 6J9-YDV-YQF - In hindsight there aren't as many squids in this stage as I thought there were...

Lethal Lava Lair - GQG-320-BYF - This is like Cocoa Caldera in that I'm still experimenting with pacing. In every other sense it's not like Cocoa Caldera at all.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

Squiddy City - 6J9-YDV-YQF - In hindsight there aren't as many squids in this stage as I thought there were...

Lethal Lava Lair - GQG-320-BYF - This is like Cocoa Caldera in that I'm still experimenting with pacing. In every other sense it's not like Cocoa Caldera at all.

I loved these! The first one really felt like an advanced, world 7 stage from the original, so great work!

The second felt right in place around world 4 or 5, except, like most custom made levels, it was longer than most from the original, which is not a complaint.

My wife's currently playing The Destroyed World, and I'm looking forward to going through your entire profile. So far, great stuff!

Also, your first code ends with 7QF, btw.

Edit: holy poo poo, check this out...

SMB3: The Lost Levels

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 27, 2019

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

OneMoreTime posted:

Stream complete! Thanks again to everyone who joined us.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/499114247

Chiral Pipes 00:07:25

The Autmosphere 00:15:00

Do not free the ghost 00:20:30

Spring Extrusion 00:40:30
By: May Contain Nuts JK9-2DL-WPG

Steam Conquers the Atlantic 01:01:00

Rise & Fall of the Roman Empire 01:24:30

Monty's Maritime Militia 01:37:15

Slippery Wintery Wonderland 01:44:00

A Box Jump 01:48:15

Jungle Stack Trek 01:53:00

Armageddon Outta Hurr 01:58:30

=Reddit Levels=

Pro Ninja Platforming 02:03:30
By: FCBitb Y6N-QMQ-QGF

Aero Zeppelin 02:11:40
By: Linkage8 H78-BC8-0QF

Spooky Muncher Mansion 02:21:15
By: ImADevLol 6S7-8F3-5YF

Space Adventure Mario level 02:51:20
By: BruceForce88 2D6-JLV-VQG

Cellar Door 2:57:00
By: Bowserjeffery 2KG-5WY-YMF

=Viewer Levels=

Over-Under-Inbetween 00:45:45
the_ivo_shandor B48-DG6-QRF

SHellshocked: simple stunts
By: Ali_jam1 2PX-MF0-7QF 1:11:45

Don't follow your intuition! 01:32:00
By: TylerDarkFlame 6XK-DWJ-NDG

Speedrun Deluxe!
By: Wreferiii 0P3-6M5-JSF

Thank you for playing my levels! It is super interesting watching people play things when you're so intimately acquainted with them.

And, in my defence, I did warn you not to free the ghost...

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I sat on this for a while, but whatever. I'll post it, but I don't know how proud of it I am. I just wanted it done.

Oceans Out Of Molehills
B4X-SYM-Y7G

A downward autoscroller about dodging Monty Moles as you sink in the water, with a couple platforming sections where you can find an easter egg or two.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level List for tonight. I plan on grabbing some levels from Reddit as well. Depending on how much time is left over, I also plan on doing some of that SMB3-inspired world that was posted in the thread.

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn Streaming at 6 PM PDT/9PM EDT

1. Das Boot
By: Guppy BSS-FYJ-7TG

2. Lava Arlette
By: Matlack Radio S3N-L5T-QWF

3. Squiddy City
By: Gnome Enthusiast 6J9-YDV-YQF

4. Oceans Out of Molehills
By: Rather Watch Them B4X-SYM-Y7G

5. Lethal Lava Lair
By: Gnome Enthusiast GQG-320-BYF

=Random Acts of Mario=
Tiny Trouble
By: The Lobster 9CB-4RH-X1H

Cruise Through the Clouds
By: Bowiefett WB3-R1V-LPF

Zelda 2: The Town of Ruto
By: Reverend Stupid 2DK-2HR-90H

Toxic Plant
By: Mektarian BGF-G3D-MGF

Something Awful
By: Two Beans MD2-HB6-B3G

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

Buzzy Beetle Express

0CJ-K8T-Q8G

Hop aboard the Buzzy Beetle express train. Look out for passengers trying to board the train as you travel through Mole Country that is under construction.

I had a lot of fun making this course, have't tried making a non-traditional Mario course before. Still focusing on platforming challenges, except you travel with the platform through most of the level. Monty Moles and jumping Piranha plants are fun enemies to experiment with.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Stream complete! Thanks again for joining me, and sorry again for having to take that break for that call.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/501027481

Levels played:

1. Das Boot
By: Guppy BSS-FYJ-7TG

2. Lava Arlette 00:19:00
By: Matlack Radio S3N-L5T-QWF

3. Squiddy City 00:52:30
By: Gnome Enthusiast 6J9-YDV-YQF

4. Oceans Out of Molehills 00:55;30
By: Rather Watch Them B4X-SYM-Y7G

5. Lethal Lava Lair 01:01:00
By: Gnome Enthusiast GQG-320-BYF

=Reddit Levels=

TiK 3: A Heavy Hammer Friend:
By: TrevorCraft DYS-2BB-FXG

Spinrun 01:24:00
By: Tyzoria VJJ-MQW-PSG

=Random Acts of Mario=
Tiny Trouble 01:39:00
By: The Lobster 9CB-4RH-X1H

Cruise Through the Clouds 01:41:45
By: Bowiefett WB3-R1V-LPF

Zelda 2: The Town of Ruto 1:48:00
By: Reverend Stupid 2DK-2HR-90H

Toxic Plant 01:52:10
By: Mektarian BGF-G3D-MGF

Something Awful 01:56:30
By: Two Beans MD2-HB6-B3G

Viewer levels=

Luigi's Hotel 00:15:00
By: UltMario BJS-1D3-CWG

Pipe Run
Sofly_101 JH8_G4M-DXG 01:21:15

The Multiverse Splice House 01:34:30
Sofly_101 DYJ-VDQ-GSG

Bowser's very tall tower II 02:06:30
By: BrenKill LJB-CSW-L5G

OneMoreTime fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Oct 29, 2019

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
VOD link there is to an old one, the right video is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/501027481

Thanks for playing my level, sorry I couldn't be there. Sorry to hear about your family's wildfire situation, glad things are going okay. Obviously (I hope) the level name is both a joke about needing the boot and also a reference to the classic submarine film. The idea was that you'd have to explore to find the coins, and the overworld would be relatively simple with some hidden secrets, with the sub-world rooms serving as the deep-dive "challenge" rooms. I'm not sure how I could have signposted better that the pink coins were required, other than putting it in the level description. The overworld is relatively simple to traverse, so if you get to the last sub-world without finding them all and realize you need them, it shouldn't be too onerous to backtrack, and I set the time up to 400 seconds for that reason. The pink coins didn't exist in the initial draft of the level -- originally the first sub-area had the boot and you had to keep it through the whole level to escape. I decided to change because I thought it would be too annoying to have to backtrack all the way to the beginning if you got hit at all, and if I had more boots available later in the level, there'd be no reason to go through the challenge rooms and you could just skip most of the level. I might have been able to do something with the sub-rooms being sequential within the level and requiring boots to clear, but I really wanted the pipes to lead underwater, and making good underwater rooms that need a boot to pass is very difficult.

This is actually probably the "longest" level I've ever made, in the sense that nearly all the screen real estate of both worlds is used. I was kind of surprised how quickly I ran out of horizontal space, partially because I had to place the borders to screen lock the rooms. The structure also forced some enemy changes -- two of the sub-rooms originally had Bloopers in them, but in both cases they would drift through walls and enter the other sub-rooms. I was never able to find a way to prevent that, so they became large Cheep-Cheeps instead.

The sub-room with the swarm of fish is much easier if you have the Fire Flower, which you did. It's very possible to clear it just by swimming around the fish, especially if you take your time to bait the bone fish, but it's definitely not as easy.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there a place that actively discusses Mario Maker 2 glitches? I can do the new black hole glitch but I'm still unable to accomplish some effects I've seen in other levels and I'd like to figure them out before it gets patched again, as I'd really like to recreate a glitch level I made in the first game.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

guppy posted:

VOD link there is to an old one, the right video is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/501027481

Thanks for playing my level, sorry I couldn't be there. Sorry to hear about your family's wildfire situation, glad things are going okay. Obviously (I hope) the level name is both a joke about needing the boot and also a reference to the classic submarine film. The idea was that you'd have to explore to find the coins, and the overworld would be relatively simple with some hidden secrets, with the sub-world rooms serving as the deep-dive "challenge" rooms. I'm not sure how I could have signposted better that the pink coins were required, other than putting it in the level description. The overworld is relatively simple to traverse, so if you get to the last sub-world without finding them all and realize you need them, it shouldn't be too onerous to backtrack, and I set the time up to 400 seconds for that reason. The pink coins didn't exist in the initial draft of the level -- originally the first sub-area had the boot and you had to keep it through the whole level to escape. I decided to change because I thought it would be too annoying to have to backtrack all the way to the beginning if you got hit at all, and if I had more boots available later in the level, there'd be no reason to go through the challenge rooms and you could just skip most of the level. I might have been able to do something with the sub-rooms being sequential within the level and requiring boots to clear, but I really wanted the pipes to lead underwater, and making good underwater rooms that need a boot to pass is very difficult.

This is actually probably the "longest" level I've ever made, in the sense that nearly all the screen real estate of both worlds is used. I was kind of surprised how quickly I ran out of horizontal space, partially because I had to place the borders to screen lock the rooms. The structure also forced some enemy changes -- two of the sub-rooms originally had Bloopers in them, but in both cases they would drift through walls and enter the other sub-rooms. I was never able to find a way to prevent that, so they became large Cheep-Cheeps instead.

The sub-room with the swarm of fish is much easier if you have the Fire Flower, which you did. It's very possible to clear it just by swimming around the fish, especially if you take your time to bait the bone fish, but it's definitely not as easy.

Ha, how embarrassing! I've corrected the link above.

Thanks, I'm glad things are going ok with them as well. Yeah, it's tough when red coins are required like that to signpost that they're required. I think I tend to default to them always being required unless otherwise being specified, but with J-Spot mentioning he accidentally made it to the end without getting them all I think that put me in them mindset of seeing how it was signposted in the first place. Kinda makes me wonder how my criticism would've been had I just played the level, and might be something for myself to think about in the future.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

When I played it the one I missed was the first red coin which required you to go in the water to find. You probably assumed people would want to explore but if it doesn’t look like I have to go in water I’m not going to go in water. I missed the first mushroom for the same reason. You could have stuck a down arrow there to indicate the player needed to go there or at least make sure something enticing like a question box in the water appears on camera.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Hmm. My intention was for people to have to explore. I'm not bothered if people don't find the first mushroom; hidden power-ups are hidden and a reward for exploring. I think I am fundamentally okay with people having to go back and look for what they missed, but they're different approaches. I'm not sure which is better in this case.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

See-Saw Skies:

Q0W-0L4-WQG

Course has a semi-classic feel, just with more buzzsaws! Revolves around see-saws and tracks. Keep your balance and tip the scales in your journey to the goal!

Rather Watch Them posted:

I sat on this for a while, but whatever. I'll post it, but I don't know how proud of it I am. I just wanted it done.

Oceans Out Of Molehills
B4X-SYM-Y7G

A downward autoscroller about dodging Monty Moles as you sink in the water, with a couple platforming sections where you can find an easter egg or two.

I enjoyed this level. Monty Moles are some of my favorite enemies in Mario Maker and was fun to deal with underwater moles. I liked the downward auto scrolling section. You don’t see that too often. Only complaint is that the moles tend to float up, so they weren’t a problem at all. I really like the idea and execution.

Palmtree Panic fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 30, 2019

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Today I saw this thread bookmarked and suddenly remembered that yes, I have Mario Maker 2

So I sat down and finished my second level after doing nothing for months. (I've put them into the goon list already, but hosed up the first one by confusing 0 and O. But don't worry, I put a comment in afterwards to explain why your first attempt at using the level code didn't work. I'm the best at this.)

Mario against Global Warming 01
Level-ID: 2QB-2OB-8LF

Really short. You basically just jump across some platforms during some light snowfall. Then the level is done, that's it.
I made this level as a warm-up exercise and I planned to make two more levels with this theme, but then stopped halfway through the next one.

Mario against Global Warming 02
Level-ID: XCK-WY0-KPF

When I started this one, I got hit by some serious nostalgia for Mega Man at some point. Today I finally finished this mess. Super Mario has to cross a melting glacier by going underground. This level is about three times longer than my first attempt. Can you spot the exact point when the nostalgia got me?

Edit: Bonus fact for bonus people: This level took me nearly 30+ tries to complete. I had to re-do the last part a couple times because I got a bit too excited there and some jumps were physically impossible. Then after I uploaded this crap, it took someone loving less then a minute to play and complete the level.

Libluini fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 29, 2019

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious
I made some more stuffs!

These two are a qiuck precise input level and a quick precise jump level. Less than 10 seconds each.

POW hopping JHD-DND-BTG

Just Keep Spinning DT4-31Y-GGF

Also another puzzle, but it doesn't rely on weird tech, so it should be easier to figure out.

Spiny Path Pow Drop NK4-8B7-PRG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.

OneMoreTime posted:

Stream complete! Thanks again for joining me, and sorry again for having to take that break for that call.

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/501027481

You missed the secret areas I snuck into both stages. But that's ok because they wouldn't be secret if they were easy to find. Although there's some irony in you talking about how people didn't put hidden areas into water stages