Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the 290 ft reach on that bucket though, super sexy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

the 290 ft reach on that bucket though, super sexy

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
:nms: warning, no gore but a before picture of an act of public hand amputation for theft in Iran, showing a blindfolded victim, hooded executioners and the torture device, don't look if you are sensitive to such :nms:

Looks like the part with the red handle is to clamp the arm in place, while the T-shaped part with the wedge bottom does the cutting. It's some kind of Platonic ideal of the DYI log splitting machines itt. I can only hope that torturers also regularly lose fingats to the divine machine.

background

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 28, 2019

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Pickled Tink posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raptWPQbkMg

Guy running the 11'8'' bridge youtube channel uploaded a video of the bridge and crashbeam removal. The size of the dent in that thing is amazing.

it belongs in a museum

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
I really wonder why you would post that here. Wrong thread?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

oh yeah, thats the stuff

that original content??

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

RabbitWizard posted:

The hand clamperdowner thirsts for blood, so it's been utilized in a secure location free from osha

It's a hazard statement!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Shut up Meg posted:

Stay safe, drunken chimney climbing man.

he died :(

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

BMan posted:

he died :(

Oh, gently caress.

(I've edited out the photos that showed him)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

RabbitWizard posted:

And I wonder why you ask this. There are two workers and the machine they use for their work there. I even wrote why it brings this thread to mind but maybe you didn't read the post?

For comparison, a drunken man climbing a chimney is not OSHA relevant, it's just a drunken accident. Then again, bringing him down from there is an occupational hazard for the rescuers, so... :shrug:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Saw this in a Home Depot parking lot. Is this truck fuckling? Also, there’s a dude under the last truck. Maybe playing with the balls?

That’s just the Hino centipede.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Nenonen posted:

There are two workers
Yeah, dedicated hand-choppers, working at the hand-chop factory. I mean, sure, go on and post atrocities because someone gets paid to do it. But don't tell me you are wondering why I'm asking about it in a thread about work safety.

Also, chimney guy belongs here, because the chimney was from a place where people work.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Nenonen posted:

And I wonder why you ask this. There are two workers and the machine they use for their work there. I even wrote why it brings this thread to mind but maybe you didn't read the post?

For comparison, a drunken man climbing a chimney is not OSHA relevant, it's just a drunken accident. Then again, bringing him down from there is an occupational hazard for the rescuers, so... :shrug:

Are you one of those guys who gets off on posting pictures of incipient torture in inappropriate places and then acting all "I didn't realize it would be taken that way"

I don't usually kink-shame, but that's hosed up.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Proteus Jones posted:

that's hosed up.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nenonen posted:

Current day human rights abusing devices don’t really work well here. Sorry. Moving along!

The osha on the chimney was the rescuers FYI

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Nenonen posted:

:nms: warning, no gore but a before picture of an act of public hand amputation for theft in Iran, showing a blindfolded victim, hooded executioners and the torture device, don't look if you are sensitive to such :nms:

Looks like the part with the red handle is to clamp the arm in place, while the T-shaped part with the wedge bottom does the cutting. It's some kind of Platonic ideal of the DYI log splitting machines itt. I can only hope that torturers also regularly lose fingats to the divine machine.

background

you really gotta hand it to these guys

like, you really gotta

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the Law Enforcement Force of the Islamic Republic of Iran. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Chunderbucket posted:

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the Law Enforcement Force of the Islamic Republic of Iran. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Lol.

Takfir! Man, you're about the most brazen kafir I ever heard. May the Prophet bring your feet to the Lego pieces of the unbelievers. The little one-nub fuckers, too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PainterofCrap posted:

That’s just the Hino centipede.

But those are Volvos and Macks. :goonsay:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Chunderbucket posted:

Seems like legally they require you to.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Powershift posted:

But those are Volvos and Macks. :goonsay:

The Hino Centipede does not discriminate.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

https://twitter.com/KDKAHeather/sta...swallows-up-bus

https://twitter.com/KDKAHeather/sta...swallows-up-bus

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

slightly more details on what happened

https://wcti12.com/news/nation-world/woman-killed-by-pipe-bomb-explosion-at-gender-reveal-party-identified

accidentally building a pipe bomb

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pickled Tink posted:

Guy running the 11'8'' bridge youtube channel uploaded a video of the bridge and crashbeam removal. The size of the dent in that thing is amazing.

I'm the person that has nothing to do with the work site walking around it, and without PPE to boot.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

HardDiskD posted:

I'm the non-construction worker walking around a construction site, and without PPE to boot.

He's only 11' 7" tall.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Pickled Tink posted:

I still feel really cheated that they spent YEARS telling us that it couldn't be changed, and here they are changing it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

pik_d posted:

I still feel really cheated that they spent YEARS telling us that it couldn't be changed, and here they are changing it.

next we're gonna find out they can lower the road

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

pik_d posted:

Makes you rethink things

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/energy/power/second-nuclear-plant-at-tns-kudankulam-stops-operation/articleshow/71661290.cms

quote:

CHENNAI: The second 1,000 MW nuclear power unit at Kudankulam, owned by the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL) stopped power generation on Saturday, said Power System Operation Corporation Ltd (POSOCO).

The atomic power plant stopped generation about 12.30 a.m. on Saturday owing to "SG level low", the company added.

The expected date of the unit's revival is not known.

huh okay that's kinda odd that a nuclear power plant would randomly shut off but hey stuff breaks an-

https://twitter.com/a_tweeter_user/status/1188811977851887616
https://twitter.com/cyber_sec_0/status/1188813927012020226
https://twitter.com/RungRage/status/1188853620541775872

WHY WOULD YOU PUT A NUCLEAR REACTOR ON THE INTERNET?!?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

C.M. Kruger posted:

you get a text when it's low on fuel

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Dave Grool posted:

you get a text when it's low on fuel

Or a page followed by "911".

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

C.M. Kruger posted:

So you can do fun tweets like "RODS IN" and "RODS OUT"

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
To be fair, if I was employed by an Indian nuclear power plant, I'd be working from home as much as possible.

Preferably working from another continent.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Captain Disillusion has probably received a few dozen messages with this one.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

C.M. Kruger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfkts0u-m6w

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

C.M. Kruger posted:

Per India Today:
'However, in a statement issued Tuesday, the power plant, located off the Bay of Bengal in Tamil Nadu's Tirunelveli district, denied the reports and said both the reactors were functional at the moment.

"Some false information is being propagated on the social media platform, electronic and print media with reference to the cyber attack on Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant," R. Ramdoss, training superintendent and information officer at the power plant, said.

"This is to clarify Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP) and other Indian Nuclear Power Plants Control Systems are stand alone and not connected to outside cyber network and Internet. Any cyber attack on the Nuclear Power Plant Control System is not possible," Ramdoss said. "Presently, KKNPP Unit-1 &2 are operating at 1000 MWe and 600 MWe respectively without any operational or safety concerns."'

:mensch:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ramdoss posted:

Any cyber attack on the Nuclear Power Plant Control System is not possible

This is how we know it definitely was a cyberattack.

It’s one thing to say that you weren’t attacked.

It’s another to say that you are invulnerable.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nenonen posted:

"This is to clarify Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KKNPP) and other Indian Nuclear Power Plants Control Systems are stand alone and not connected to outside cyber network and Internet. Any cyber attack on the Nuclear Power Plant Control System is not possible," Ramdoss said.

Tell that to the uranium enrichment facilities at Natanz

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
:golfclap: