Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Sorry to tell you but Gold was the Red of Gen 2, you've been living a lie this whole time

But :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

you disgust me

hand in your trainer card

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
The last time I avoided spoilers about what final form starter evos looked like, I ended up choosing Tepig and having him evolve into loving Emboar so I'm not going that route again. Good idea too or I'd have chosen Fennekin and had to deal with having Stupid Sexy Anthro Ninetales on my team and I'd have to drop the series entirely.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

iospace posted:

I still haven't decided what version to get :smith:

Flip a coin and tell me the result and I will tell you which you are getting!!

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Flip a coin and tell me the result and I will tell you which you are getting!!

...they are absolutely going to make Pokemon Heads and Tails one of these days, aren't they?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

The last time I avoided spoilers about what final form starter evos looked like, I ended up choosing Tepig and having him evolve into loving Emboar so I'm not going that route again. Good idea too or I'd have chosen Fennekin and had to deal with having Stupid Sexy Anthro Ninetales on my team and I'd have to drop the series entirely.

I too love to avoid good ideas.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Kurtofan posted:

no new fossils was messed up last time

It made thematic sense, at least. Can't have fossils on a chain of volcanic islands, after all.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cattail Prophet posted:

It made thematic sense, at least. Can't have fossils on a chain of volcanic islands, after all.

Hawai'i has fossils of marine life.

MattyRamone
May 4, 2009

Over 46 Million Followers

iospace posted:

Galarian Ponyta is exclusive to shield so that confirms my decision.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

iospace posted:

We're like less than a month away and I feel like there's very little info to base that decision on at this point. There's, like, a small handful of revealed exclusives and that's basically it, right?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I would want to avoid the starter evos too but I know the second they leak there will be a flood of fanart on twitter and every other hellsite that I won't be able to avoid.

Fuuuuck. That's a good point. I want to try to go in blind because my interest has waned over the last 2 years but the last time I tried to go in blind was BW and the internet's changed since then. Now there's goddamn youtube thumbnail spoilers.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shneak posted:

Fuuuuck. That's a good point. I want to try to go in blind because my interest has waned over the last 2 years but the last time I tried to go in blind was BW and the internet's changed since then. Now there's goddamn youtube thumbnail spoilers.
Gotta get those clicks. YouTube was a mistake.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

The gently caress? There's nothing wrong with Delphox. Sure, people are weird about Braixen and that's why she's in Pokken unfortunately, but Delphox doesn't deserve hate for anything but her weirdly static model.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Delphox was cool and Fire/Psychic was a great break from endless fire fighting.

Is there a list of the version exclusives we know about so far?

I think I've usually gravitated towards the "first" games (Red/Gold/Ruby...) but I think I've broken the pattern on a few occasions. (Soul Silver, Y and Ultra Moon.)

Sword would be the "correct" version for me to buy because it matches the pattern and sounds cooler, but I want to say I already remember something being exclusive to Shield that I'd prefer...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

We're like less than a month away and I feel like there's very little info to base that decision on at this point. There's, like, a small handful of revealed exclusives and that's basically it, right?

I mean "a small handful of ... exclusives" is basically the whole difference anyway beyond box aesthetic and probably one more gym.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Zore posted:

Yeah last time they did that was Gen II

At least you got access to all the fossils during the story though. I'll never forgive B2/W2 for the horsehit it pulled making the fossils that debuted that generation post game.

It's a fair trade that they allowed you to get 1 random fossil each day, plus another from the museum shop in join avenue. I was able to IV breed maximum damage Carracosta and freaking Rampardos, the worst of the fossil mons, in little time.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Countblanc posted:

I mean "a small handful of ... exclusives" is basically the whole difference anyway beyond box aesthetic and probably one more gym.

Sure, but so far as I can tell, the only new exclusive content is Ponyta/Sirfetch'd and the fighting/ghost gym. Just seems like they've usually revealed more exclusive content by this point.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Sure, but so far as I can tell, the only new exclusive content is Ponyta/Sirfetch'd and the fighting/ghost gym.

Zacian and Zamacenta

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Considering that I full expect to be able to snag a farfetchd from the gts and evolve him into sirfetchd in Shield, I am completely basing my decision to buy Shield on wanting the ghost gym and the cooler dog.

Who the gently caress am I kidding anyway, I always buy both eventually :suicide:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

On the plus side, I think they aren't going to make any "follow up game" (3rd version, remake, B2W2 or USUM) within this gen and move onto Gen 9.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Zuzie posted:

On the plus side, I think they aren't going to make any "follow up game" (3rd version, remake, B2W2 or USUM) within this gen and move onto Gen 9.

Gotta pump and dump more pokemon games with a different gimmick while completely burying the previous.
Also more Gen 1 formes.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

What about Delphox do you find sexy

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zuzie posted:

they're gonna remake gen 4 and we'll get sinnoh regional variants

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zuzie posted:

I bet they'll try their darnest to keep the yearly release schedule, so it's a coin flip if we get a follow up game, sinnoh remakes, both, something completely different or if one of these projects turns out like Z.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sheild has the pony, so Sheild is my only option.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

mandatory lesbian posted:

His magic twig.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brother Entropy posted:

they're gonna remake gen 4 and we'll get sinnoh regional variants

Yes, but only for Chimchar. Ponyta already has one, so there's no need to change that one.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I bet they'll try their darnest to keep the yearly release schedule, so it's a coin flip if we get a follow up game, sinnoh remakes, both, something completely different or if one of these projects turns out like Z.

Heeeey, that’s sounding like multiple coin flips! :mad:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Come on with the leaks already, what's taking so long

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Heeeey, that’s sounding like multiple coin flips! :mad:

It's one of those six-sided coins you use for monopoly and such tabletop games.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Impidimp's French name was just revealed: Grimalin (grimace + gremlin)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

less laughter posted:

Impidimp's French name was just revealed: Grimalin (grimace + gremlin)

that's pretty good but it's no impidimp

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anything slightly feminine makes his metapod use harden

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I too would like to know what the ever loving gently caress here.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Oxyclean posted:

Delphox was cool and Fire/Psychic was a great break from endless fire fighting.

Is there a list of the version exclusives we know about so far?

I think I've usually gravitated towards the "first" games (Red/Gold/Ruby...) but I think I've broken the pattern on a few occasions. (Soul Silver, Y and Ultra Moon.)

Sword would be the "correct" version for me to buy because it matches the pattern and sounds cooler, but I want to say I already remember something being exclusive to Shield that I'd prefer...

Y counts as a first version, god why does no one get this!!

obviously the evil red bird version goes to the charizard-likers and the fae megadeer goes to the cool, chill venusaur and blastoise likers.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Y counts as a first version, god why does no one get this!!

obviously the evil red bird version goes to the charizard-likers and the fae megadeer goes to the cool, chill venusaur and blastoise likers.

Its X and Y not Y and X

:colbert:

this is a very important distinction. we cannot have people confused about first and second versions itt

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Zore posted:

Its X and Y not Y and X

:colbert:

this is a very important distinction. we cannot have people confused about first and second versions itt

This is true but for some reason not explained by modern science many people who usually gravitate towards the second version got X.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The lack of the word "Version" confused and frightened people and made them reverse their usual purchase choices.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Does Diamond and Pearl follow that pattern too? Or is Diamond the "red" one and Pearl the "blue" one despite coloration?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
If you pronounce X and Y in french but spell that out phonetically for english speakers, eegrek comes before eeks alphabetically.

Kalos' native language is obviously french but spelled out poorly in katakana, or in anglophone latin letters for the non-japanese.

Therefore, it's actually scientifically confirmed and natural that Y is the charizard version.

The Bee posted:

Does Diamond and Pearl follow that pattern too? Or is Diamond the "red" one and Pearl the "blue" one despite coloration?
no it's just y and x that break the pattern, the colour is but one part of the puzzle. True Blue kids got Pearl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pokemon Charyzard and Pokemon Charixard