Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Martout posted:

can yall imagine if they let us put reload reduction mods in the weapon exilus slot?
turns out DE imagined it as well

and then took reload mods out of the pexilus category

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
I loved my Hek for so long, now that I have the ability to forms stuff I kind of want to revisit it.

Shotguns are my favorite weapon in the game.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Target Practice posted:

I loved my Hek for so long, now that I have the ability to forms stuff I kind of want to revisit it.

If you've got the shotgun prime mods, the Vaykor Hek is an excellent forma target.

I ended up with a 230% damage 81% reload speed Strun Riven, and a Strun Wraith built for 100% status is an absolute beast, plus it's my favorite form of shotgun reload.

BabelFish fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 28, 2019

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Every now and then I blow my Vitus essence on Rivens instead of kuva- anyone want an Imperator Riven? I've got a duplicate that needs a home.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

McKilligan posted:

Every now and then I blow my Vitus essence on Rivens instead of kuva- anyone want an Imperator Riven? I've got a duplicate that needs a home.

dibs

ign/discord: veryhighcholesterol

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've got like 80 vitus that I'm hoarding till the +50% stockpile buff hits console with the arby's drop change.

What's this about grendel needing a bunch?

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Target Practice posted:

Also if you like Hek, try the Kohm. It's like the Hek but in machine gun form!

P.s. I've fallen hard for Wukong, probably my most used gear after Gauss. Gauss is a God send for doing quick things, i.e. opening void fissures, daily standing missions. Was wondering if Wukong prime was worth farming for? And if anyone had any specific builds good for Gauss or Wukong that I won't find with a simple Google search?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
You want to do stuff faster than Gauss? Then Wukong is your monkey of choice. Ignore the entire map as you fly to your objective then fly to the extract. I had a balanced build and a build dedicated to the staff, but all my Wu time is spent with a Duration > Efficiency = Power build. My best Ukko time is 43s, and I suck at flying so could probably shave like 5s off of that.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Seriously though.

Pexilus?

It's almost a shame it doesn't stand for "Primary Exilus," because they'd have a bit of a problem naming the Secondary Exilus.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

I've got like 80 vitus that I'm hoarding till the +50% stockpile buff hits console with the arby's drop change.

What's this about grendel needing a bunch?

As I understand it (based on the devstream info), Grendel parts drop from special missions, which require Arbiter keys to access. Those keys will supposedly cost 25 vitus per, so 75 in total. The keys are single use, but aren't used up if you fail the mission. Parts should also have a 100% drop chance if you succeed.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
It's easy to forget how long you've been playing and honestly, how much has changed.

There isn't even many months between these screenshots! Though I don't sortie very often, I'll admit.

Edit: Now that I post these, you can really see how much better* everything looks. And I've got just an 'ok' computer.

*Better is subject to taste at horrifying eye searing colors

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

And Tyler Too! posted:

dibs

ign/discord: veryhighcholesterol

What's your in-game? I'm in Korea so I keep odd hours.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Guilty posted:

Also if you like Hek, try the Kohm. It's like the Hek but in machine gun form!

P.s. I've fallen hard for Wukong, probably my most used gear after Gauss. Gauss is a God send for doing quick things, i.e. opening void fissures, daily standing missions. Was wondering if Wukong prime was worth farming for? And if anyone had any specific builds good for Gauss or Wukong that I won't find with a simple Google search?

If you don't equip a melee weapon, your clone will keep his gun out unless you activate your exalted weapon. I use an Astilla or Acceltra and my clone will kill anything in its line of sight, usually before I see it.

Enveloping Cloud is a flex slot, you can put whatever you want in there.

I don't bother with his 3 or 4, I just spawn my clone at the start of the mission and then spam Cloud Walker to zoom through the mission while the clone follows me and kills everything. You and your clone will become invulnerable and heal while cloud walker is active, so there's really no need for his 3. His 4 is nice, but not as nice as an infinite ammo aimbot with a rapid fire grenade launcher.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Avulsion posted:

If you don't equip a melee weapon, your clone will keep his gun out unless you activate your exalted weapon. I use an Astilla or Acceltra and my clone will kill anything in its line of sight, usually before I see it.

Enveloping Cloud is a flex slot, you can put whatever you want in there.

I don't bother with his 3 or 4, I just spawn my clone at the start of the mission and then spam Cloud Walker to zoom through the mission while the clone follows me and kills everything. You and your clone will become invulnerable and heal while cloud walker is active, so there's really no need for his 3. His 4 is nice, but not as nice as an infinite ammo aimbot with a rapid fire grenade launcher.

I never noticed the clone fires the same wep I equip, holy poo poo... Gonna follow this, thx

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Some powerful weapons are balanced by having poor ammo efficiency or self-damage. Wuklones (and specters) ignore these mechanics.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Guilty posted:

I never noticed the clone fires the same wep I equip, holy poo poo... Gonna follow this, thx

He'll use the opposite of melee or primary/secondary to what you're currently using.

Clone melee sort of sucks so just don't equip a melee weapon and the clone is gonna go ham with you.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Just tested it out and did a vault run in like 3 min, solo. Holy poo poo thanks so much!

Edit: got any amazing acceltra builds?

Guilty fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 29, 2019

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Quill posted:

As I understand it (based on the devstream info), Grendel parts drop from special missions, which require Arbiter keys to access. Those keys will supposedly cost 25 vitus per, so 75 in total. The keys are single use, but aren't used up if you fail the mission. Parts should also have a 100% drop chance if you succeed.

I'm gonna farm so hard for this, and by that I mean farm Discord/clanchat for chronic arby runners with vitus to do share runs. :v:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Guilty posted:

Just tested it out and did a vault run in like 3 min, solo. Holy poo poo thanks so much!

Edit: got any amazing acceltra builds?

If you swap Vigilante Armaments for Heavy Caliber you'll get a bit more damage and more spread (which can be useful on this gun) in exchange for less status chance (and less viral procs).

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 29, 2019

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Avulsion posted:

If you swap Vigilante Armaments for Heavy Caliber you'll get a bit more damage and more spread (which can be useful on this gun) in exchange for less status chance (and less viral procs).

God I have none of the mods :((( ok thanks will hunt them down. (I know I can set the basics of the mod, don't need the upgrades necessarily)

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

McKilligan posted:

What's your in-game? I'm in Korea so I keep odd hours.

My in-game name is veryhighcholesterol.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Well this is a new game screen

Had some fun on the plains unlocking a couple rivens and

:vince:
gently caress me.
I should just sell that second one right? The acceltra is a beast on its own and I should get that meta plat yeah?
Gonna take your cues and turn the nikana one into an amalgum beast like that other goon though

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Avulsion posted:

On the topic of viral Hunter Munitions builds, has anyone tried swapping out the 60/60 toxin mod for the 90 toxin mod? You trade some status chance and mod drain for some extra damage. But you really don't need that much status chance for a viral HM build.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Raptor1033 posted:

I should just sell that second one right? The acceltra is a beast on its own and I should get that meta plat yeah?

Unless you want to trade like two million kuva turning it into a multi-thousand-plat godroll, yeah sell that poo poo unrolled asap before it takes a dispo nerf.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
The Acceltra is a good gun so rivens for it won't decline in price quite as fast as some previous flavors of the month, but yeah, you should probably sell that and sooner rather than later.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Lmao apparently the better the host’s FPS the faster the Halloween event lantern drains. No wonder some people were having nightmares.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Warframe, the game that brings back the Turbo button.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

Lmao apparently the better the host’s FPS the faster the Halloween event lantern drains. No wonder some people were having nightmares.

havent DE had enough framerate bugs to know not to tie anything to loving framerate. they are pc devs for gently caress sake.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Phobophilia posted:

:cawg:

I still have to do the fifteen-minute part of it. :sigh:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Well that explains a lot, rip me with my 144hz monitor

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
That is very embarrassing if true. Like even if you do it in a per-frame lua script there's 0 chance you don't get a "delta time" parameter to normalize for framerate. :psyduck:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I did a quick test and it's not AS bad as I feared, but also, now I'm even more confused about how they programmed it to get this result.

Time for lantern to go from 50% to 0%:
30 FPS: 16s
60 FPS: 13s
144 FPS: 10s

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
loving lol. I wonder if they normalized it to a console or "average user's PC" framerate

Edit: AHAHAHA oh gently caress me. I just finished shoving forma and endo into the prisma grinlok + riven and now I have an 11X crit multiplier

gently caress. That riven sold too quickly, I should've asked for more. Oh well, next Tennogen when?!

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 29, 2019

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/1189021248816324608

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nova Prime just popped out of the oven. Give me your builds!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Update ticker says Old Blood is coming this week. Hopefully that's true

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Dr Cheeto posted:

Nova Prime just popped out of the oven. Give me your builds!

duration duration duration

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tulip posted:

Range I can tank
How much efficiency should I be running?
Can you rely on null star for DR or should I be running additonal defense mods?

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Tulip posted:

Counter-intuitively, nova's 4's size scales with duration instead of range.

If running slowva, tank range for duration and strength (efficiency also useful).
If running speedva, tank strength for duration (efficiency also useful, range too but less so).

Dr Cheeto posted:

Range I can tank
How much efficiency should I be running?
Can you rely on null star for DR or should I be running additonal defense mods?

Efficiency isn't super important, I tend to go to 130%

Null star should be enough defense, but if you really want to bulk up drop a vitality in as well. The null star mod that refreshes it when enemies die while affected by your 4 is very useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

null star' dr is quite good if your range is nice and low