Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Gold is average, so sounds like you lucked out and got a good team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

hey remember scrunts? man, that was wild stuff

every day

in my nightmares

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

stuxracer posted:

Did placements today and got Gold 2 somehow. Is bronze and silver just not a thing? I have never played this game or other mobas except against AI or whatever. Saying this because I felt outclassed big time as an assassin
Fan has been doing a bronze-to-GM run. Here's him hard carrying with Alexstrasza at silver 4 and here's him playing Lili and his team silvering HARD.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

As long as you ban Kloctus and pick Thu Kulitis when appropriate, you can make it in this game.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I'm a terrible Thu Kulitis player.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I can't believe Klocktus jokes are still being made in this thread so much time later

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

stuxracer posted:

Did placements today and got Gold 2 somehow. Is bronze and silver just not a thing? I have never played this game or other mobas except against AI or whatever. Saying this because I felt outclassed big time as an assassin

i got placed in plat and am stuck in silver 1/gold 5 now :smith:

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Spudd posted:

I can't believe Klocktus jokes are still being made in this thread so much time later

Typical Sanpytrin main here.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Spudd posted:

I think about it embarrassingly often. I've been invited to play a 10th level dnd one-shot soon and i'm pretty sure my character is gonna be Kloctus.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Family Values posted:

This just happened in ranked draft chat:

:confused:

Here it is again in case anyone isn't familiar. It's probably the funniest thing I have ever seen come out of this game. It's just so perfect.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

it has to be some sort of code but ive tried to decipher it every time i see it and i come up empty.

kloctus
sanpytrin
thu kulitus

what could they mean???

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Thu Kulitus is probably The Butcher and Sanpytrain might be Malfurion but Kloctus? Kloctus is immortal.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I think Deathwing is gonna be trash in almost all games.

Hots pubs are overall garbage so they'll just run around as him and get hit by every skill shot/aoe until he dies from lack of sustain.

You'd think the players against him being bad would change this but it won't somehow. He'll be that character that sucks when he's on your team but the other team has a lvl 50 Deathwing somehow and goes 15 and 0.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Grimdude posted:

Hots pubs are overall garbage

except the ones on the opponents team

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
it really do feel like that sometimes, down to silver 3 and most of my games today felt completely hopeless no matter how well I did

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
it's because the only people left playing are the mouth breathers and people who eat paste for fun

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hey man I didn't ask for this deviated septum.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
I agree the only people left are 90% paste eaters who somehow lose AI games and 10% oh god what the gently caress how many hours did you sink into this game? players as of a year or so ago when I last played the game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I wanted to bump this thread to share the very important news that Blizzard is selling a sleepy cloud mount for :10bux:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

PantsBandit posted:

I wanted to bump this thread to share the very important news that Blizzard is selling a sleepy cloud mount for :10bux:

So a cloud mount with a different face? :effort:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Mierenneuker posted:

So a cloud mount with a different face? :effort:

You got it!

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1196926945595932672

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
call me when they are selling a CCP flag mount

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Call me when Hong Kong is free

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I don't have any of your guys numbers but I'll post here when hk is free so stay tuned!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Thank u

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Cheers

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Godbless

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I don't have any of your guys numbers but I'll post here when hk is free so stay tuned!

I’ll be waiting

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Inven has a short article about the final days of HotS

quote:

As their inboxes began flooding with messages of concern from players and organizations, members of the public relations department weren't able to communicate effectively because they themselves weren't told anything.

"I had a coworker in [the esports] department that I kept bugging for details saying 'Hey, this is really bad. The players are getting really angry and upset. There's no news...I was really trying to light a fire under their rear end to be like 'Hey, you guys need to communicate with us because you're not telling us anything and we need to say something. We're waiting too long to say anything to our contract employees," said one source.

Another source told Inven Global that it felt like business as usual and they were preparing for next year's HGC.

"I was confident that we would have at least one more year of HGC. I knew that [executives] were really getting tight with the budget and we may not have one year beyond 2019. Maybe 2020 is when the budget towards it would be either extremely reduced or completely eliminated and reliant on the community but everybody was very confident we had 2019, especially going into BlizzCon," said one source.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Blizzard is a trash company

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

At this point I think anyone that banks on a Blizzard esport or streams their games without a serious backup plan is a total fool.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Deathwing spotlight but much more importantly KEVIN'S BACK

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Game is saved

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
gently caress this dead gay game but it’s good to hear Kevin

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is deathwing out today?

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Deathwing just recently got released on the PTR. I think the planned release date to live is Dec. 3rd.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

Is deathwing out today?
He went up on the PTR yesterday. If you want to see him in action, Fan played him for three and a half hours last night, mostly viewer games.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

quote:

"Honestly, the game the way it was operating was extremely unsustainable to begin with in terms of the content cadence release. It was impossible to keep up with. Whether you're a fan, a player of the game or an employee of the game, it was going to be completely unsustainable, it already was. People that worked on that game were underwater all the time and were super stressed. Whereas other franchises, they have a big patch once every three months so they got to like sit around in the office and play video games and it's like nope, everyone who was working on Heroes was constantly working, constantly working overtime to make it all happen," said one source.

I think this is the most revealing thing about Blizzard's overall company culture. It's not impossible to make a MOBA with regular updates - League and DotA do it - but Blizzard can't handle doing the same thing for HOTS because it's a more intensive workload by comparison. Other Blizzard franchises that get to "sit around in the office and play video games" and that's what Blizzard is used to: routinely spending portions of the day loving around.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
I tried the range quest for nazeebo at lvl 1 (thing of the deep) and it was pretty fun. Just gotta be good at getting minion stacks quickly. In other words, be good at nazeebo.

I heard he wasn't very good currently, but since most games are people feeding and then multiple lanes needing clearing I find it works out well.

Seriously, play a hero with wave clear. Always. It's the best way to "carry."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I downloaded this stupid dead game again because I have nothing else to do. Someone play with me